Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standing frames?

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Good going Virginia! Will it also detect a fall?

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, it is suppose to. It is waterproof, has fall detection and reaches further than some of the others. I will try it out when I get it and make sure that it does the things I want. I am suppose to be able to get a refund. I was surprised at how many are out there. Enough to get confused. I would like to have gotten one with GPS that I could take anywhere, but for me the cost was prohibitive, so when away from home I will continue to rely on my little flip phone. Linda and I cling to our flip phones.
    Virginia

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I hear you Virginia. Keep us posted on your alert button. WE might all need this device.

Re Flip Phones: I so miss mine. I still keep mine plugged in just in case I can use it again. We live in an area of poor reception. Even with a network extender, the cell coverage is so poor that we had to switch to smart phone as the flip phone wasnt supported by the devices used to amplify wifi coverage., or lack of it...

They are easy to carry, much easier to type, in my opinion, more durable, smaller, had many alarm features....so miss mine terribly.

I never go online anyway with my smart phone. I don’t like that I can be tracked, nor do I need the extra expense. Nor has a situation arisen where its crucial to go online immediately.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

I ran across this standing frame, which was used in a clinical trial done in the UK and reported in a couple of articles in The Lancet (August 2019). The researchers supplied people with progressive MS (primary or secondary) with this standing frame, and they were to stand in it for 30 minutes 3 times a week over 20-36 weeks. There was a control group of people with progressive MS who followed their usual treatment without the standing frame.

http://www.oswestry-frames.co.uk/

The way the person used it is shown in a couple of photos in one of these Lancet articles:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...jbs_etoc_email

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12