Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Peg

In case some people have missed the sad news about our Peg:

https://www.everhere.com/us/obituary...sestak-9232369

I believe she and Catdancer had met in person--and several others here may have met her as well.

We're going to miss her posts. She was always cheery and upbeat even with the world coming down around her in ever so many ways--devastating events on the farm as well as serious falls and other catastrophes, and yet she came out smiling.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie and Jeanie both met Peg at the first Leaf Watcher's gathering in Boone, N.C. I can't remember if Peg attended the one in Florida that Maggie May hosted. I think Jeanie did. I attended one held in Virginia and Peg told me she had seen some pictures of me. She was still e-mailing with Laurel and Maggie May. Since we have not heard from Cat much lately we probably need to keep bumping this up so she will have an opportunity to see it.

Yes, Agate, Peg was always cheerful and upbeat no matter her situation.

It is like being kicked in the stomach.
    Virginia

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Thank you so much for posting this agate. You donít realize how much a cyber person comes to mean to you...perhaps because we share the disease and reveal our vulnerabilities here...
    Feel like we should use commas for ellipses, in her honor,,,,,,
    Waving,,,,,,

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I just read your sympathy note agate. Thank you,,,

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

A post of Peg's that seems so typical of her--it's from this past Thanksgiving:

a Happy Turkey Day to all,, getting ready for everyone tomorrow,, pies made {pumpkin & cherry}, beans made a butternut squash cassarole done too,, we get the ham in the smoker,, dinner rolls rising overnight,,, and scallop potatoes, done,,, "whew" hope they like it,, plus a snowstorm Sunday,,oh and I get to meet my son's girlfriend,, lol

stay safe and enjoy the day,,

" Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I tried to leave a message to the family, but I was unable to figure it out. Thank you Agate for leaving one,,,

I figured it out through the obituary Agate left in Chit Chat, her thread. What an appropriate place for it,,,
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-28-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Virginia

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Peg)))))) ~

Your stories of farm life, your family, the incredible meals you created for all of them, and your cheerful, positive attitude has inspired me for many years. Every month, I looked forward to your first Chit Chat post. You were the conversation catalyst. I miss you already and will always miss you.

My heart breaks for Joe, your children, grandchildren and loved ones. I pray for peace and comfort for them, and for all of your very dear friends here on the MS Forum, who love you like family.

You deserve rest now, Peg, after being a hard working farm girl, wonderful Wife, Mother, Grandmother, and Friend. Your Earthly labor is finished, but I know you're keeping an eye on everyone from your perch now. We are all better people for having known and loved you.

God rest your beautiful soul.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

So well said Rose.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Oh, there is a huge hole in the world. Peg touched so many of us that her death leaves us all huddled together in that hole.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

As I mentioned in the thread about Jeanie, she called me today.I gave her Peg's phone number. I have no address for Peg other than the name of the town. Maybe that is all that's needed but I suspect there's a RR# or box # that is needed. She will call the number I gave her and ask about a home address.

I found an address online by searching with the phone number but my experience with doing that is that the information is often inaccurate. Wrong addresses turn up quite often.

She feels more comfortable about calling than I do because she's actually met Peg and feels sure that at least her husband knows about this board.

There are people who would prefer for their family not to know they're on an MS board. Or they hardly ever mention it to their family. But I think that Jeanie knows Peg well enough for her to make the call.

Please don't worry--I don't give out anyone's information to anyone, as a general rule. I even had my doubts about this but went ahead because this has been such bad news that I'm sure many here would like to send condolences.

If Jeanie gets an address, I'll pass it along to anyone who sends me a PM.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast