Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Back in the day when I was a young nurse (70s) they did a lot of stretching of urethral strictures and most had to have a foley in for a couple of days due the the swelling caused by the procedure. Can you get a leg bag (straps around your thigh)? It minimizes the pull on the tubing and you can wear slacks which will help further reduce the pulling by holding the tubing close to the body. I am not familiar with Uribel. Is it anything like Uristat? A local anesthetic for the urinary tract?

2. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

She gave me the leg bag too as an option if the other one gets unstuck from my leg. But its half the size, so I would be changing the urine out frequently. the whole thing sketches me out.

Showering is iffy since you cant get the adhesive wet or it doesnt function anymore. Hoping by Friday wont need this anymore.
    thanks for the reply..

Uribel is similar to Uristat I believe.and to Urised. It has an antibiotic and anti inflammatory components in it like belladonna.

Did take the hydrocodone and it helped and didnt make me drowsy.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 05-08-2019 at 02:57 PM.

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Oh, you have had a time of it! I hope the discomfort passes quickly
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Wonders never cease - Laura came two days in a row. She was here yesterday for usual stuff and today to wash downstairs inside shutters and windows.

I know less than nothing about a car other than to put the key in the ignition and start it up and drive it. I did have a young man come to my house yesterday and detail it. He was so industrious and meticulous and I was just very impressed. He is graduating from college in December and will be a R.N. He hopes someday to go another 4 years and become a Physicians Assistant. Anyway, he found the battery terminal was corroded and recommended I get it cleaned and have the battery checked to make sure it was well charged.

I was talking to my youngest brother last night and he asked how old the battery was and I told him I didn't know. He said is it older than 4 years and I said Oh yes I know it is. He told me to go get it changed right away. The battery has always started the car the first time I turn the key, no grinding even on very, very cold days or very, very hot days. He says that doesn't matter that it could leave me. If I drive it to a store and get back in the car it might not start on a hot day. He reminded me that I could not afford to be left on a 100 degree day. He said it would not matter so much to him, but for me it would. Anyway, I went to the car and found the papers on the battery and I bought it August, 2012. That means it would be 7 years old in August. So glad he told me. I will try to get one put in within the next two or three days. So for all you ladies who live alone and take care of a car heed his warning.

I was very impressed with the young man who detailed my car. He was only going to charge me $100.00. I told him he needed to go up on his pricing and I gave him $150.00. So he is coming back and change a headlight for me when it comes in. He looked up where I could order one and then he will come back and put it in. Mine has condensation inside it, so needs to be changed.

We are expecting high winds and storms Saturday and Sunday this week-end.
    Virginia

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Rest up, Sunshine. Hoping you'll see improvement once the catheter is out and you're back to your old self again.

Did you have any spasms during the procedure that they noticed?
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Good advice, Virginia, I better go have a look at when I replaced mine last, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 4 years ago.

Very glad you met a nice neighborhood car detailer. I'd love to find a computer tech person like that to have on call.

Glad your housecleaner was working hard for you!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Virginia,, very solid advice,,he sounds like a very nice guy, for helping you out,, and your brother too,,

Sunshine,, I have a stoma bag,, {bladder taken out 2 yrs ago },, I hope for the best with this,,, and remember right now,, you might not think so,, but it could be worse,,hang in there,,

busy week end,, 2 graduations,, and a birthday party for our grandson Thain,, who turns 12,,, we did get the garden planted, and corn planted, last week end,,so far so good,,

later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I got out this morning to help David with some yard work. Raked off much of what is left of our perennial garden but had to quit before getting all the leaves off. Dave has run two utility trailers full of leaves and branches to a friend's farm to dump for compost. Now he is off cutting the lawn at one of our rentals where our tenant is now on Hospice and cannot manage the lawn anymore. After nearly 2 weeks of cold and rain, the last two days have had sunshine and temps in the 50s and 60s. Have started repotting some of the houseplants that have become rootbound. Also pruning some and putting the cuttings in water to root and start new plants. Especially successful with my Grandmother's Angel Wing Begonias and Christmas Cactus. Also successful with Geraniums that have gotten very stalky over the winter as they have reached for sunlight.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Gee Cherie, you have been BUSY! That's great!

I went to the store, and got 2 batteries for the remote that runs the AC. They are the watch batteries, the size and shape of a nickel. I put one in, and nothing. I tried the second one, and nothing.

The old battery says 3 volt, and these did too. I don't know what's wrong, but I have them ready to return to the store, kept the receipt, but I'm not going today.

I did go to CVS and got one med, and told them last night on the phone, to move it's refill date, to the same as my other meds so I can get all my refills at the same time. She said okay, but we'll see next month.

Tonight is Outer Limits night, so that's the plan, for as long as I can stay awake.

Have a great day all!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The number of the battery has to be right too but you knew that? Sometimes there are other numbers that will work as well as the number on the battery you're trying to match but that information is usually in tiny print somewhere on the packaging.

I can't do much just now because work is being done in my apartment and the maintenance person is coming and going with masking tape and dropcloths, all because of a couple of places in the walls that they thought needed patching. This has been going on all week and is likely to resume later this month because the job won't get done today.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast