Page 1 of 32 1234561131 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT May Chit Chat

Hi,, thoughts and prayers for Jeanie and CatDancer,, Jeanie hang in there,, Cat,, healing hugs ,{{hugs }},,

when is it ever going to warm up,, in the 50;s,,, no sun,, high winds,, we have our garden "started",, we bought more plants today,,and deck plants, instead of flowers,, we are doing tropical plants,, if I can get a picture up,, I'll let you see,, told Joe,, all that's missing is a pool,, lol,, he didn't agree with me,,

not much else,, we did move cattle around,,so we have 5 up here at the homeplace,, the rest are in different pastures,, still waiting to put corn in, fields are worked,,our grandson Thain , turns 12,, good grief ! he is getting old !! hahahaha !he is as tall as me now,, as his sister Eleanore, who is 13 going on 20,,lol

take care,,later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Great post Peg!
    Check into “endless pool”— you can put it in a garage, a barn etc., easy to heat all winter long...ITs small, and has a constant current at the flick of a switch, so you swim against the current.

IVIG all day today....

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Good luck to all!
    Sunshine...Peg needs you! (Symbolically)
    Sunshine...I thought about that pool more than once.

My farm too is getting a slow start...
    Last edited by Lazarus; 05-01-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

You farmers do get up early, don't you? I'm just getting up! I tried to make coffee from the grounds left in the coffee pot. It's weak, but it's hot, so that's my coffee today.

Doctor visit tomorrow afternoon. Just a checkup, and to get refills on my scripts.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My plants are getting off to a slow start--not a farm, just a few indoor and outdoor plants--but I'm actually getting around to repotting a few of them, something I should have done over a year ago.

I'll be making a trip to the lab in a couple of days for routine fasting blood work (HbA1C). I'm bringing along the neuro's order for a check on the vitamin D level too.

In a couple of weeks I'll be going to the optician with a glasses rx from last October from the eye doctor. I'm slow at getting around to these things but it's time for new glasses now.

That's what's new around here. Hoping for more news about Jeanie and Catdancer and wishing they could be here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

7. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Peg, thanks for starting us off again with a really good post. The grandchildren are fast becoming grown ups. It has been fun for you watching them and fun for us to hear how old they are getting....well, that part is only partially fun because it means we are also aging.

Sunshine, hope the IVIG helps a lot this time around.

Suze-Q, I think the hose people were trying to take advantage, but did not get around to calling today. Just kind of a bad day. My regular housekeeper (Laura) just showed up yesterday. She says she is coming two days next week in order to get inside shutters and windows done. We'll see how that works out. I hope she does.

Cherie, so sorry David is having more problems and it means you are also. I hope he does improve.

Agate, sounds like you have some things lined up to keep you busy this month. Hope it all goes well.

Howie, just two more days and then you can have lots of coffee.

Missing Jeanie and Cat - like everyone is.
    Virginia

9. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Virginia, I won't have coffee tomorrow, but what's odd is I won't get the headache like most people do. I guess you have to have a brain for that.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

11. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Is anyone here ever taking Ambien or Sonata or Lunesta? There are a couple of other insomnia remedies listed too--the FDA is putting a warning label on them because they have caused (rare) incidents of dangerous behavior like sleepwalking or sleep-driving. (Sleep-driving? That's scary.)

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...ption-insomnia

13. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Listen up, dog people! I know there are dog people here. I don't mean dog people, of course. I mean people who know about dogs.

About a week ago starting at about 10:30 PM I started hearing a low howling going on nonstop. It wasn't so loud it kept me awake but while I was awake and hearing it, it was a bothersome sound because it was so repetitious and mournful.

Could this be a coyote? Do dogs ever howl like that? If that's a dog, it sounds more like a wolf. Or a very very unhappy dog maybe. I haven't heard a wolf except in movies and so I don't really know that it sounds like a wolf. Just guessing that no dog could make this sound but I don't know dogs very well.

15. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

its either or,, if you hear a yapping after the howling,, its a coyote,, other wise its a dog,, and yes coyotes have been known to venture into town,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

17. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 32 1234561131 ... LastLast