Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

That Virginia is dominating the whole forum!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been busy dealing with a few problems here that have taken lots of time and energy. I'm glad to see people posting away!

Virginia isn't dominating. She's holding the fort, keeping the ship afloat, being part of the glue that holds this place together.

Cheers for Virginia!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Thank you, Virginia, for holding down the fort!

My girlfriend from high school days (and her brother) came for a visit today. It was nice to visit with her, even though I talk to her on the phone almost every week since her husband died 2 years ago. Somehow we never run out of things to talk about. DH made her favorite lasagne, garlic bread and a salad for lunch. We sat outside and enjoyed the colorful poppies and beautiful clouds blowing in the soft breeze. It was a nice day.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Hi Virginia: YOu are not dominating! I am grateful you are keeping the conversation going. I have had a guest for a few days, and I have also been unraveling a bit. Urologist appt today. I promise to catch up later today when I settle down.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

It's pasta day! But first, I'm going to finish this mug of coffee. I didn't get up until 11, and I had to force myself then. It's been that way for a while now, and I don't know what's changed.

It's Star Gate night, and I want to stay up and watch it. It's on until 3am. I'm lucky to make it until 11.

Everyone have a great day, and treat your phones like gold. They are priced about like it!
    Last edited by Howie; 05-21-2019 at 09:07 AM.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch and Sunshine, glad you ladies are having visitors and enjoying the catching up. When I posted that my name was about the only one showing up on every post. Howie responded, but I would not type anything because then I would have been showing up. Ann responded to the phone post and I wanted to say something back, but decided it was late at night and I would let her name be out there for awhile.

Nuthatch, I love to eat outside when the weather permits. It sounds like a lovely day among the poppies.

Sunshine, hope your Urologist gives you some good news. You deserve it for a change.

Howie, enjoy your pasta.

Sunshine, I had your chicken with pesto and cheese dish last night. I have another chicken breast that I don't want to freeze, and the pesto and cheese that was left over. So I am thinking I might fix it again tonight. I don't mind eating the same thing two nights in a row. I always try to eat chicken well before it is out of date.

Waiting for Laura today.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-21-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

Virginia, I will enjoy the pasta and fresh coleslaw about 5. They are both made, and will just simmer awhile. It's 84 outside, but that kitchen and the boiling water make it worse. I'll rest awhile, then get a bath, and then....dinner is served!

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Urologist sent the urine out for culture. In the meantime will start a nightly Macrodantin. When culture comes back, if its positive, will stop Macro and sub in the UTI antibx and when that is finished, back t nightly Macro.
    Then he said that I have two serious neurological disorders. First time a doc told me SPS is serious, rather than, “never heard of it”.
    He said that large numbers of neuro patients have neurogenic bladder, i.e. incorrect nerve signals to bladder and result in these partially empty bladders that expand (mine is huge), and can back up to kidneys causing serious problems.
    As such, he rec doing a urological urodynamic study. They fill the bladder from the urethra and also place tiny electrodes on the bladder wall or something like that, or maybe the urethra. They then can measure the nerve impulses going to the bladder.
    He said it waould be impossible that my opened stricture has closed that quickly and so he doesnt think that is the source of the problem anymore.
    If its neurogenic he said I would have to self cath.
    That was scary to hear. Very scary. I know others here have done that.
    He said it wouldn’t hurt to do it because you can relax the urethra so that the cath easily inserts since you are doing it to yourself. Seems like a great way to get a massive infection.
    What do you know?
    I have the test in 4 weeks.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't want to cover up your question, Sunshine, and I hope that those with experience in self-cathing will notice it. I've known a few people who did self-cathing for years and thought it solved quite a few problems for them but I have also heard that there can be a risk of infection.

If you receive MS Focus magazine, the latest issue contains a writeup (page 23) of one of Cherie's presentations--complete with a photo showing that it was very well attended. So well attended that it's hard to see Cherie up there in front of all of those people!

The same issue contains a full-page article by Cherie on Medicare for All (page 57).

Congratulations, Cherie! People who are willing and able to share good information are needed at all times but especially now, when there is so much misinformation on the Internet.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Urologist sent the urine out for culture. In the meantime will start a nightly Macrodantin. When culture comes back, if its positive, will stop Macro and sub in the UTI antibx and when that is finished, back t nightly Macro.
    Then he said that I have two serious neurological disorders. First time a doc told me SPS is serious, rather than, “never heard of it”.
    He said that large numbers of neuro patients have neurogenic bladder, i.e. incorrect nerve signals to bladder and result in these partially empty bladders that expand (mine is huge), and can back up to kidneys causing serious problems.
    As such, he rec doing a urological urodynamic study. They fill the bladder from the urethra and also place tiny electrodes on the bladder wall or something like that, or maybe the urethra. They then can measure the nerve impulses going to the bladder.
    He said it waould be impossible that my opened stricture has closed that quickly and so he doesnt think that is the source of the problem anymore.
    If its neurogenic he said I would have to self cath.
    That was scary to hear. Very scary. I know others here have done that.
    He said it wouldn’t hurt to do it because you can relax the urethra so that the cath easily inserts since you are doing it to yourself. Seems like a great way to get a massive infection.
    What do you know?
    I have the test in 4 weeks.
    I cathed for years with no infections resulting. It is a clean, not a sterile procedure. Wash your hands, open the catheter and insert and empty. Far fewer UTIs when the bladder is fully emptied. I did not have any sensation that I needed to void for months at a time. Fortunately that is no longer the case. I still have catheters if I need them . Because of my history of UTIs, I now have to obtain all urine cultures with a catheter so low colony growth of bacteria can be recognized as a UTI and not contamination.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast