Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meow! the old cat is back. Not home but in a rehab.facility about 30 miles from home. He woke me up one morning,got .me dressed.then realized I didn't know who I was.or where I was. I started digging in my ears.to thei point of.scratching their raw. They sent me home. TC watched me the rest of the day..but I started.having even more problems. Finally he took me back to the hospital and got me admitted. By that time I didn't know who or where I was, the date, time, counting accurately...didn't even know my name, couldn't write my name or anything else an d make it legible.3days later I woke up, saw a sign reflected, that had the name of the hospital, city....so at least I knew the name (and the location). Then the next trick was identifying TC, then trying to comprehend had happened to me! Shortly after that they moved me next door to this rehab placeSo now the massive bladder infection which triggered this has been resolved, as has the pneumonia been resolved. We're working on stabilizing blood sugar levels.. And of course the other stuff,,,reading, writing, doing simple math. And also dressing mysjf, too.
    e
    So I' m sorta back, getting better, each of these last 4 years taking its toll.....

Pp!l
    Wow! An infection caused you to get that disoriented?!!! Are you diabetic???! How scary! So glad you are okay!

Thanks again everybody for the prayers! My friend and his family seem to have weathered the storm well. Just please pray they don't get anymore weather complications or other nasty surprises.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 05-05-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

funnylegs4 ~

A UTI and dehydration definitely can cause serious altered mental states, particularly in Seniors.

https://aaseniorcare.com/sudden-alte...infection-uti/

Our dear friend John's mom has experienced this numerous times. Jim has experienced it to a somewhat lesser degree a few times recently.

It is quite frightening and alarming. Thankfully, Cat's husband, TC, recognized her symptoms, took her back to the hospital, and treatment was effective.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, with MS any infection can send a person into a downward spiral, with weakness, confusion, disorientation among the problems that might come on.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

WOW! This is a new one on me. Thanks agate and Rose! Moral of this story: DRINK WATER.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

So, I've got ms, all the problems u'll know a,bout, the bladder infection, the double pneumonia, scrambled brain.
    A young nurse got over confidant and decided she was able to move me with stand lift herself...And I fell from the lift, twisting my knee and ankld...this was of friday.. I tried to ignore it but it really hurt . Finally today, sunday, when it was quiet around8

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Wow, I'm glad I found this. Until the incident is resolved I can't sa more but this is documentation.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I have ended up in the hospital twice in re ent years as a direct result of dehydration. Both times paramedics realized zed I was not thinking clearly and started hydrating me in the ambulance. When I wake up in the middle of night and have muscle spasms in my legs, I drink water. Dehydration is crucial to understand.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Such good info on UTI and dehydration.
    The dehydration has me worried: NPO for me after midnight tonight for 7 am procedure. I will mention it at 5 am admission. They are allowing me “sips” to take my 12:30am doses, and 4am doses...should be ok. I will be sure to be well hydrated all day today and at my 9Pm dose.

Tomorrow is the Cystoscopy with Hydroextension with anesthesia. It doesnt worry me: what worry me is it can trigger SPS major issues. Prepared. And I prepared the staff.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Agate, it was good talking to you, even if it was by accident. I'm still learning to operate a cell phone.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

18. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a call from Howie this morning. Unfortunately I had to leave my phone open just then for the grocery order taker's call but I think Howie had a message on his phone saying someone at my number had called and not left a message. I suspect that the date for the call must have been wrong, and what he was looking at was a call from the time a while back when I tried to call him but got no answer--the time when his computer was out for such a long time? Anyway, it was nice to hear from you!

Howie,you're not the only one still learning the cellphone. I'll be very happy if I can feel it's OK to make calls on my smartphone without having it go into Airplane Mode when I never asked it to do that.

I'm weird that way. To my way of thinking, phones are for calls but they should be pretty good at doing calls since that's their function. Alarm clocks are for sounding alarms at certain times. Cameras are for taking pictures. And if I want to watch a movie or video, why should I want to watch it on such a teensy screen?

I know. I'm one of those old crones who just don't get it.

Another thing though. If I want to talk to someone or send them a message, that person and that message should get my undivided attention. I shouldn't be having to interrupt constantly because I'm in the middle of a store or waiting in a doctor's waiting room or riding on a bus and have to say, "Woops! Gotta go! That's my stop! or "Woops! Gotta go! They called my number!"

I like to listen to people carefully enough to understand them or read their messages carefully enough to make sure I've understood. I'd like to have time and peace of mind enough to think about what I say to them too. A conversation just can't be carried on with constant interruptions, IMO. At times it has to be but it leads to misunderstandings and all kinds of trouble.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast