Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: OT May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I'm really starting to worry about Peg. She is a regular poster on Facebook, and there were none when I just went there. I sure hope she is okay.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Oh man, not good...
    Calling agate: come in agate, any way to ask her if she is ok? Two weeks is a long time...

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

I have a phone number for her but hesitate to call. Others who know her better might feel more comfortable about calling but even if she's just busy with a couple of family birthdays, how welcome would a call from someone on an MS message board be if she's been too busy and maybe tired to post there?

It's one thing to let her know we care. It's another to intrude on her life when who knows what she's coping with?

If there are people here who know her well enough to feel OK about calling, please do so. I will send her a PM though.

In general, I tend not to call people. You never know what you may be interrupting. A note or e-mail gives the person a chance to reply when it's convenient.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I think with Jeanie and Catís trauma, my mind became concerned for Peg quicker. She DOES have a large family, lots of responsibilities, recent storm damage. Hoping she is involved in life stuff like that...

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I hope that is all it is Sunshine, but I am worried now. Doesn't anyone have an e-mail address that they could contact her that way, or even her address that maybe they could drop a short note to just asking her if all is alright?

Cherie, hope you have a wonderful trip to Seattle and bring back the knowledge that a cure for MS is just a month away. Your weather in R.I. is just the opposite of mine in N.C. Here it is in high 90s.

We are having our memorial day today along with a birthday for my niece. One of my brothers is coming to get me in about 15 minutes.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I have an e-mail address for her and will contact her. She did mention two graduations and a grandson's birthday coming up but she's not usually away for this long.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I am home from the Memorial Day party which was very nice, very traditional. My youngest Nephew brought a young lady from New York city, and he made it clear to his Mom before hand that she was just a friend. She lives in New York, but came South with him, I guess for a few days or a week. I liked her, though I do think it is more friendship than anything else.

My walking was very bad this evening. I don't know if it is due to weather or what is going on.

Agate, thanks for saying you would e-mail Peg. I hope that there have not been any tornados in her area. That is one thing that has concerned me.

We really need to hear from Nuthatch soon and if we do not I am going to try and see if I can check that out.

Would be nice if Cat could get back on again soon.

We have had so many ailing members and members not doing well for awhile and I think it kind of freaks us all out when we don't hear.
    Virginia

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Checking in, I'm fine, just not much to say. Thanks for asking though.

16. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Chili is simmering in the crock pot for this afternoon's cookout. David has gotten the two largest and heaviest A/C units into the windows. I am packed and ready for Seattle and boarding passes are printed. Have to be at the airport by 7:30-7:45 in the morning. With time change I won't even be out of meetings till 11:30PM this time tomorrow night. I am ready!

I am signed up for a course on Integrative Medicine in MS. This program looks at the melding of traditional Western Medicine with lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, smoking cessation, etc) and incorporation of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
    I also have a session on cannabis for the medical practitioner, one on dialogues in progressive MS care, another on sleep disorders in MS. Then I am doing a full day on cognitive and mood disorders in MS and management of them. The crew from the MS Foundation has already been there for two days sightseeing. I can't afford the luxury of even one extra day for that with the hotel costing $249/night plus tax. My scholarship has me only spending about $300 out of pocket for hotel, transportation, registration, continuing education courses and food. Airfare alone would have been $1200 round trip but I had enough skymiles for the trip and only had to pay the $60 in taxes. They waived the $400 registration fee when they gave me the scholarship which covers three of the 4 nights in the hotel. Most meals are provided.

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Wow Cherieó thats quite a schedule of learning and teaching. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Re the expenses:OUCH! Ouch!

I doubt you will have time, but here is a new type of store which sells unpackaged food: looks interesting for those of us who fret about the environment and what we can do:
    https://www.zerowasteemporium.com/groceries

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast