Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Has A Fever. ER Bound

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Jim Has A Fever. ER Bound

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Just taking this moment to sit and collect myself and think of all of the things I need to pull together for an ER trip for Jim. His fever is 103, normal yesterday, before blood draw.

He is begging me not to take him, but he's beginning to blather, and I'm very worried about him, so we're going.

I have to calm down, breathe, and gather my thoughts. This is unbelievable. My mind and heart are racing.

Why is this happening now?!

Thank you for your prayers. I'll update when I can.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

The hospital is exactly where he needs to be to identify the cause of his fever and help treat it and bring it down.

Prayers for you and Jim!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I’ve said a prayer, Rose.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Dear Rose,

Sending prayers up for the both of you.

Marcie

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Rose, I'm sorry to hear this. Sending powerful healing prayers your way.
    Mary Grace

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sending prayers and healing light your way.

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jim was admitted to the Cancer Unit at 4:30 a.m. We spent 6 hours in the ER. He had: chest x ray, CAT scan (no dye), mega saline drip (2 bags at once) via his port, blood work, blood cultures.

He had to get up for a BM in ER toilet. I wasn't happy about that. BUT no pee. He is dehydrated.

I told the very young ER doc that I knew he was dehydrated, but he's still not drinking enough water. Doc asked Jim to open his mouth and looked at me and said, "Yep."

Results so far: still shows some pneumonia at bottom of lobe; tumor size/shape unchanged (Thank You God!); nothing else remarkable. He's on cefeprine (I have to look it up) antibiotic.

As soon as he got settled in the Cancer unit bed, he fell asleep. He is so weak and fatigued. An aide brought me a warm blanket and pillow. I tried to recline on the bench in his room for that purpose (family members resting while visiting). I couldn't get comfortable, though it was better than the 2 chairs I tried to put together in ER. WORST CHAIRS ON PLANET!

Shift change in ER brought new doc, wearing mask and coughing. I said, "Please don't come in here. He has low WBC." He said he had to come in because he's the doctor, pointing out that he was wearing a mask. UGH!

Cancer unit nurse asked me all of his intake questions. Her very strong accent and my exhaustion left me a bit testy and I explained about Jon. She was so sorry, of course.

Texted John to come pick me up. I'm going to bed for a few hours, and John will take me back this afternoon and pick me up. I was going to drive, but since our registration is expired (no smog check yet), John didn't want me to chance it.

Thank you all for your prayers and love. It means the world to us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

So sorry to hear Jim is having such a rough time. Praying for some answers, peace, comfort and rest for you. You continue to be in my prayers.
    grandmother of Tyler (24): Ohtahara Syndrome/SCN2a gene mutation, cortically visually impaired, quadriplegic, severely developmentally delayed, no speech, severe intractable seizures, frontal and temporal lobe atrophy, progressive scoliosis/kyphosis, chronic kidney stones & UTI's, gastroparesis, 100% tube fed, autonomic dysreflexia, but what a precious gift from God. "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."

16. The following user says "thanks"

Rose,

I’m sorry to hear this news. Pray has been said.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following user says "thanks"

Rose, thank you for updating us on what is happening. I do hope you get some rest and sleep. You and Jim are in my prayers daily.
    Virginia

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast