Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Has A Fever. ER Bound

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Rose,

Sorry for my delayed response. I was busy with work yesterday and today. I’m so sorry Jim had to go to the ER(guessing the stress of Jon’s death contributed) but Thank God the tumor has NOT grown! That is such a blessing! Hold onto that! The Dr should not have come to work sick. Please get the registration taken care of as soon as you are able to since that can be a pain in the butt that you really don’t need, later.

About what you wrote in the other thread: When the time comes for Jon’s service you might be able to connect a laptop to an existing ethernet modem like I’v seen my editor do so Jim can stay in bed with a more reliable internet connection. I’m not sure.

A huge amount of prayers to you.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

My dear Rose,
    You absolutely did the right thing bringing Jim in to the hospital. I'm so glad that he is receiving IV fluids, having his abdomen drained and getting antibiotics. He'll feel a lot better after all these treatments plus platelets. Thank goodness the tumour has not grown!
    Here's the info on the antibiotic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cefepime.
    I simply cannot imagine how exhausted you must be.
    Sending much love and hoping that Jim comes home soon from the hospital feeling much, much better.
    xoxo Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Rose, keeping the prayers coming for you and Jim. Thank you for the update. I hope you got at least a little rest before heading back to the hospital.
    Mary Grace

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Next Step

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

As always, thank you all so much for your prayers and loving support.

I slept for 4 hours this morning. I felt more rested, although I am tired right down to the core of my being, naturally.

John picked me up at 2:30. I brought the rest of Jimís ďbriefsĒ for incontinence, his CD player and headphones in his satchel. That thing is so heavy, I was bent over more than usual. When I checked in at the lobby desk, the receptionist said, ďItís a long walk. Do you want a wheelchair?Ē I declined.

It is a VERY long walk just to get to the elevators for the Northwest Tower (new construction since our last time there with Jon in 2012). A security guard walked with me.

IN THE ROOM

When I got to Jimís room, it was empty! I rushed to the nursesí desk, and Jimís nurse told me that heíd been taken downstairs for the fluid draining. She said heíd be back in 20-30 minutes. I sat down on the ďbenchĒ in his room, and she walked in. I told her about Jon, and about Michael, and I began crying.

I told her how Jim and I met, and that he is the worldís most wonderful Dad. She caressed my arm as she sat beside me, with tears in her eyes. ďIím so afraid of losing Jim. I just lost our son. I canít bear losing Jim right now.Ē

She was wonderful and comforting. Then she returned to her other patients, as I stood in the doorway waiting to see my sweetheart coming back to his room.

REUNION

As soon as Jim saw me, he said to the attendant pushing his bed, ďThere she is! My beautiful wife, Rose, who Iíve been telling you about.Ē

I scurried to Jim, kissed him and took his hand. Jim said, ďRose, my little love, my honey, Iím so happy to see you.Ē

The procedure wasnít too painful, and the doctor did one of his biopsies, so he really liked him. The attendant asked us how long weíd been married. Then he said to me, ďHe canít stop talking about you! I can see how much in love you two are. Thatís wonderful.Ē

NUTRITION

Jim looks much better. His color has improved in his face. He is gaunt, because he hasnít been eating enough for 2 weeks. He did eat scrambled eggs and toast this morning. While I was with him, we both had a box of orange juice, and he had coffee and ate his favorite apple pie. He shared a bite with me first, so I could know why he enjoys it. Itís not too sweet, thankfully, but tasty.

Lunch was vegetable soup, which he didnít eat. Dinner arrived before I left. A plate of lovely fresh melons, strawberry and grapes (which he canít have), and a baked potato. He had (or thought he had) ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, but it wasnít there. So I tracked down the server, and she came to his room, checked the ticket and the sandwich wasnít on it. Jim said, ďthatís okay.Ē

I said ďno, itís not, you need the food, and you wanted that sandwich.Ē

The server said she would have one delivered in 15 minutes. Later, on the phone, Jim told me that it took 2 hours.

Just one example of how I can help Jim by being there with him.

I was present for Jim's vitals, and they are all outstanding. Temp is normal, BP 113/65, Respiration 18, SATS 97.

We talked about our beautiful boys and that we know they are watching over us. I held onto my tears, as Jim squeezed my hand.

Jim is so exhausted and needs to sleep, and John was coming after 5:00 to pick me up. I wanted Jim to rest, and my presence kept him awake and talking. If we could just rest and sleep together that would be different. But we are hungry to interact, communicate, share, talk about everything.

It was very difficult to leave him, but I promised him that I would be there to talk on the phone tonight, and will arrive in the morning tomorrow.

THE RIDE HOME

John invited me to join his wife and him for dinner. How sweet and wonderful is John? I declined, because Iím so tired, and I need to do laundry for my clothes to wear to the hospital. I have to wash everything after I leave there Ö germs.

John brought in the cases of water in front of our garage. And we talked about tomorrowís transportation. He has 2 new guests for golf tomorrow, so he said heíd pick me up at 6:30 a.m. and take me to the hospital, then bring me home at 1:00.

I laughed, ďJohn, 6:00 a.m. is my typical bedtime. I canít do that. Iíd have to be up at 5:00 to get ready. I need decaf first.Ē

So he called his daughter from the car on speaker phone. She has a class from 9-10 tomorrow, and then sheís free the rest of the day. She will transport me to/from the hospital.

I will speak to John tomorrow about the importance of getting the van registered, because Jim gave me some news tonight on the phone after Dr. K visited.

NEUPOGEN OR THE ALTERNATIVE

Dr. K told Jim flat out that if he doesnít take a course of a small dose of Neupogen, he will die.

ďWe have to get your white blood cells up, and this is the only way. I will give you 1/3 the usual dose, while youíre here in the hospital. It will take several days, and youíll be here for awhile. But, if we donít do this, you will die.Ē

Jim said, ďOkay, I trust you. I will do it, because I donít want to die. I canít do that to Rose. I just canít leave her now. She needs me. And I want to be with her.Ē

Jim said that he and Dr. K shook hands on it. I know that Dr. K wants to save Jim. He understands our situation. We have to trust him.

I canít describe how Iím feeling right now.

I told Jim that I do not want him to suffer for me. I havenít told this to Jim yet, but last night I thought that if Jim passes, he will be with Jon and Michael, and I will know that they are being cared for by their dad. Not that they need care, of course, but Iíve always felt better knowing that, when Iím not with them, Jim is. Itís the only way right now that I can accept losing Jim.

This is why Iím doing my laundry, so that I have fresh clothes for the hospital every day.

This is why Iím going to ask John to get our van smogged, so that I can have the independence to go to the hospital and not rely on him for a long period.

OUR GOOD NIGHT CHAT

Jim and I just concluded our good night chat, unless he wants to call me again. I wonít call him, because I want him to sleep when he can.

We talked again about the Neupogen, and I recounted callyflowerís experience, and this gave Jim hope. I reminded him that heíll get Claritin and whatever else needed for bone pain. I think the platelets transfusion today was to bolster him.

The fluid is drained from his abdomen. He was given Lasix, and heís peeing like a race horse. No more diarrhea. Heís stronger now, so I pray that he can tolerate the Neupogen.

Jim said, ďWhen this is all over, and Iím stronger, weíll go out and look for a new car and donate the van.Ē

It is impossible to have a more positive attitude than Jim has right now. I am in awe of him, as always.

We love you all and thank you so much for your love and prayers. We are stronger, because you are with us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thanks so much for another update Rose! Please keep updating us as you can! I'm so so glad Jim feels better. I googled the effects of Neupogen. I think Jim can handle it and I think Jim needs it. It may finally get the fluid in the other lung the heck out. Prayers the Neupogen is successful! Jon will help from above for this I'm sure. The van will really bless somebody.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

10. The following user says "thanks"

Rose, it was good to hear better news about Jim. He seems upbeat and positive. That was really nice to hear. He is probably a little more satisfied being in the hospital this time because he knows you will be there every day.

However, I do hope you stay at home long enough to get some rest yourself. It is so important for you to rest when you can. Hospitals can be tiring under the best of circumstances, as you well know, and unfortunately your circumstances are not that good right now.

Bless John and prayers for all of you.
    Virginia

Blog Entries

Hi Rose,
    How are you doing today? I hope Jim is able to get some sleep in the hospital - he is exhausted and needs his sleep, as you say. You need rest too. I'm glad that the menu for Jim is better than the last time when he couldn't eat anything!

I pray that this treatment gives Jim a new lease on life and helps him feel much better. Love and prayers on this Good Friday,
    Donna xox
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

13. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Discharge Nightmare

Jim was discharged from the hospital today. He was going to be sent home with home health nursing to administer antibiotic via his port. I havenít prepared Jonís bed and room for him, and I didnít think Jim was able to walk or maneuver, and I knew that I donít have the strength to turn him or hold him up.

So, we were given the option of a skilled nursing facility, and the discharge nurse recommended 3 different places, but told us that they had a private room at the best rated facility. We chose that one, and an ambulance arrived to take him there.

What a shock when we did get there. Itís clean and looks nice, but the ďnursingĒ staff are horrible. They are friendly, and they all speak at the top of their voices, because they think all old people are hard of hearing. Jim isnít.

The worst thing finally convinced me that Jim must come home, and Iím going to bring him home tomorrow morning.

His ďnurseĒ put in an IV for his antibiotic. She didnít wash her hands first, and she didnít wear gloves.

I said, ďYouíre not wearing gloves!Ē

She answered, ďIím not touching it.Ē

In all of my years of watching hospital nurses and Nancy place IVs or any kind of invasive device, they wear gloves. Many times, they wear sterile gloves.

Jim is at high risk for infection. This is just absolutely unacceptable.

I called Dr. K, but he hasnít replied yet.

Jim is not getting a saline drip, and I fear heíll get dehydrated again. Heís had Lasix in the hospital and he was peeing every 20 minutes. That has slowed down, since he got to the ďfacility.Ē

I was told heíd get a saline drip, at home or in this place, but he isnít. So, if heís not getting that, then he has no need to be there. With the exception of an IV antibiotic every 12 hours for 7 days.

When Jim needed to pee this afternoon, he got up and walked to the bathroom in his room. I didnít know that he was able to do that, because heíd been incapacitated in the hospital.

Heís stronger now that the Neupogen brought his WBC up to 2.7. The on call doctor told me that the WBC would continue to climb now. No more Neupogen is needed. I hope this is true.

His platelets are still at 30, so that is unchanged. His hospital nurse told me that they donít usually do platelet transfusions unless they go below 15.

Johnís wife came to pick me up at 4:30, because John asked her to be there then. She waited out in the parking lot for an hour and half, getting some work done in her car. I couldnít leave her there indefinitely, so I told Jim that I would come home and begin the process of getting him out of the facility.

When I called him, he said, ďThey arenít going to give me the antibiotic tonight, because I removed the IV. I donít want to take a chance on an infection from the antibiotic the way they are so careless.Ē

Weíre not even sure that he needs this antibiotic, when Dr. K said the last time Jim was in that the didnít think he needed it, because he thinks the ďpneumoniaĒ is old and showing up on the scans and xrays. But they keep shoving these antibiotics in him, all of which have the risk of watery, bloody bowels. With all of these antibiotics, heís now at greater risk of getting a super bug, which will resist antibiotics.

Itís likely I wonít hear from Dr. K tonight. So, weíll have to wait until Monday morning, and then heíll get an earful from me.

I was trying to sort out ways to get Jim home tomorrow morning. John, Nancy, or an ambulance. I said to Jim tonight, ďIf you could get in and out of the van, I can get you.Ē

Jim said, ďI can get in and out of the van now. I will use the side door and sit in Jonís seat.Ē The side has several steps and is easier to manage.

I paid the DMV today, and Monday, John will get the van smogged. Iím so furious right now that if I get pulled over for driving with expired registration, I will likely explode. Iíve been driving around with expired tags since November, and no one has noticed. For 20 minutes on the road to/from the facility, I strongly doubt Iíll be pulled over.

One way or the other, Jim is busting out of that joint in the morning.

He will come home to his futon nest, and I will spend the weekend cleaning and disinfecting Jonís room, so Jim can move in there.

Jim already has the beginning of a bed sore on his right butt cheek. In the hospital, before Jim left, his nurse changed a drainage pad (itís not draining, itís just bright red) to protect Jim. In inspecting Jimís body at the facility, the nurse ripped off and didnít replace that pad. I said, ďHe needs that to protect him from bed sores!Ē

She also started to rip off the bandaid over the site, where the doctor inserted the needle yesterday, to drain his gut. Jim was wincing. I said, ďIf you have to see it, then do you have adhesive remover for this bandage?Ē

ďOh. Yes, okay.Ē An aide brought her adhesive remover. Cruel, inconsiderate, incompetent.

She also didnít replace that bandage.

His dinner: mashed potato, rice, peas, upside down pineapple cake, a salad he canít eat. Because, you know, heís a vegetarian, and no one knows how to create a protein filled meal for vegetarians. Jim ate it, because he is very hungry.

His bed is a joke. He has no bed rails. They say that the law prevents them from using bed rails, because it is restraining the patient. Yeah, from falling out of the stupid bed! Jim uses the rails in the hospital (itís okay there and not considered a restraint but a needed safety feature) to help turn himself on his side.

I had to ask for O2. I had to ask for an alternating pressure overlay. Instead, he got some kind of gel/bubble mattress topper. I told him tonight to get out of the bed and let them put it on his mattress. I am very worried about his bed sore getting worse. This is why I have to get Jonís bed sorted out tomorrow.

But I guarantee you that Jim is better off on his futon mattress than on this piece of crap they call a bed.

Jim and I are both super stressed and angry, which is very harmful for both of us. We havenít even had a moment to truly grieve for Jon, and it is one week today since he passed.

Iím bringing Jim home tomorrow, and I dare anyone to try to stop me. I DARE YOU!

How many innocent elderly folks, who have no one like me to supervise their care, are being mistreated in this facility and donít know that their care is inadequate?

And if this facility is ďtop rated,Ē imagine what the other choices are like?

I forgot to mention that Jim was kicked out of the hospital, because they couldnít justify his care to Medicare.

I guess Medicare would prefer that Jim dies a horrible death from infection and neglect.

They donít even think itís necessary to check Jimís SATS every hour or so.

Iím certain that you all feel our anger and our fears reading this.

Just remember: this is how you are treated when youíre elderly, fragile, and deathly ill. You are discarded and made to believe that the subpar care youíre receiving is superior.

I wish that I was in the desert or on top of a mountain right now, so I could let out a primal scream.

I will call Dr. K on Monday. In the meantime, Jim is coming home tomorrow, and weíre going to be together for Easter.

You may recall that I recently stated that I would move mountains for Jim. Now, I am. If I have to carry him on my bent back from there to home, I will.

First, I need to get plenty of sleep tonight to have the energy and strength to deal with tomorrow. Thatís why I didnít spring Jim tonight. I have to think about me sometimes. And this is one of those times.

Thank you all so much for your love, prayers, and constant support. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones. We give thanks for the blessing you are in our lives.

Love & Light,

Rose

After I finished this, Jim called and insisted on coming home. I called the ambulance company, and they're going to pick him up. I spoke the the supervisor at the facility. She said she'd call the doctor. Jim will have to sign an AMA form. I'll call the ambulance, they'll bring him home.

AMA. Ha! The docs were sending him home initially, but I was led to believe that his care would be more than I could manage. I told the facility supervisor, "I can certainly do a much better job than you are."

More excitement ahead this evening and less sleep.

I can't leave him there. I'm grateful we have a good ambulance company.
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Rose, part of this is anger at the way Jim is being treated and part of it is pent of grief. Just listen to me "the Psychologist". Actually, I was told that anger was often times a part of grief in a grief seminar I attended. If so, just keep getting it out. We are still here and still listening.

I hope Jim does well at home and that both of you know a lot of peace. I assume Nancy will be coming. Sure hope so.
    Virginia

17. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Jim was discharged from the hospital today. He was going to be sent home with home health nursing to administer antibiotic via his port. I haven’t prepared Jon’s bed and room for him, and I didn’t think Jim was able to walk or maneuver, and I knew that I don’t have the strength to turn him or hold him up.

So, we were given the option of a skilled nursing facility, and the discharge nurse recommended 3 different places, but told us that they had a private room at the best rated facility. We chose that one, and an ambulance arrived to take him there.

What a shock when we did get there. It’s clean and looks nice, but the “nursing” staff are horrible. They are friendly, and they all speak at the top of their voices, because they think all old people are hard of hearing. Jim isn’t.

The worst thing finally convinced me that Jim must come home, and I’m going to bring him home tomorrow morning.

His “nurse” put in an IV for his antibiotic. She didn’t wash her hands first, and she didn’t wear gloves.

I said, “You’re not wearing gloves!”

She answered, “I’m not touching it.”

In all of my years of watching hospital nurses and Nancy place IVs or any kind of invasive device, they wear gloves. Many times, they wear sterile gloves.

Jim is at high risk for infection. This is just absolutely unacceptable.

I called Dr. K, but he hasn’t replied yet.

Jim is not getting a saline drip, and I fear he’ll get dehydrated again. He’s had Lasix in the hospital and he was peeing every 20 minutes. That has slowed down, since he got to the “facility.”

I was told he’d get a saline drip, at home or in this place, but he isn’t. So, if he’s not getting that, then he has no need to be there. With the exception of an IV antibiotic every 12 hours for 7 days.

When Jim needed to pee this afternoon, he got up and walked to the bathroom in his room. I didn’t know that he was able to do that, because he’d been incapacitated in the hospital.

He’s stronger now that the Neupogen brought his WBC up to 2.7. The on call doctor told me that the WBC would continue to climb now. No more Neupogen is needed. I hope this is true.

His platelets are still at 30, so that is unchanged. His hospital nurse told me that they don’t usually do platelet transfusions unless they go below 15.

John’s wife came to pick me up at 4:30, because John asked her to be there then. She waited out in the parking lot for an hour and half, getting some work done in her car. I couldn’t leave her there indefinitely, so I told Jim that I would come home and begin the process of getting him out of the facility.

When I called him, he said, “They aren’t going to give me the antibiotic tonight, because I removed the IV. I don’t want to take a chance on an infection from the antibiotic the way they are so careless.”

We’re not even sure that he needs this antibiotic, when Dr. K said the last time Jim was in that the didn’t think he needed it, because he thinks the “pneumonia” is old and showing up on the scans and xrays. But they keep shoving these antibiotics in him, all of which have the risk of watery, bloody bowels. With all of these antibiotics, he’s now at greater risk of getting a super bug, which will resist antibiotics.

It’s likely I won’t hear from Dr. K tonight. So, we’ll have to wait until Monday morning, and then he’ll get an earful from me.

I was trying to sort out ways to get Jim home tomorrow morning. John, Nancy, or an ambulance. I said to Jim tonight, “If you could get in and out of the van, I can get you.”

Jim said, “I can get in and out of the van now. I will use the side door and sit in Jon’s seat.” The side has several steps and is easier to manage.

I paid the DMV today, and Monday, John will get the van smogged. I’m so furious right now that if I get pulled over for driving with expired registration, I will likely explode. I’ve been driving around with expired tags since November, and no one has noticed. For 20 minutes on the road to/from the facility, I strongly doubt I’ll be pulled over.

One way or the other, Jim is busting out of that joint in the morning.

He will come home to his futon nest, and I will spend the weekend cleaning and disinfecting Jon’s room, so Jim can move in there.

Jim already has the beginning of a bed sore on his right butt cheek. In the hospital, before Jim left, his nurse changed a drainage pad (it’s not draining, it’s just bright red) to protect Jim. In inspecting Jim’s body at the facility, the nurse ripped off and didn’t replace that pad. I said, “He needs that to protect him from bed sores!”

She also started to rip off the bandaid over the site, where the doctor inserted the needle yesterday, to drain his gut. Jim was wincing. I said, “If you have to see it, then do you have adhesive remover for this bandage?”

“Oh. Yes, okay.” An aide brought her adhesive remover. Cruel, inconsiderate, incompetent.

She also didn’t replace that bandage.

His dinner: mashed potato, rice, peas, upside down pineapple cake, a salad he can’t eat. Because, you know, he’s a vegetarian, and no one knows how to create a protein filled meal for vegetarians. Jim ate it, because he is very hungry.

His bed is a joke. He has no bed rails. They say that the law prevents them from using bed rails, because it is restraining the patient. Yeah, from falling out of the stupid bed! Jim uses the rails in the hospital (it’s okay there and not considered a restraint but a needed safety feature) to help turn himself on his side.

I had to ask for O2. I had to ask for an alternating pressure overlay. Instead, he got some kind of gel/bubble mattress topper. I told him tonight to get out of the bed and let them put it on his mattress. I am very worried about his bed sore getting worse. This is why I have to get Jon’s bed sorted out tomorrow.

But I guarantee you that Jim is better off on his futon mattress than on this piece of crap they call a bed.

Jim and I are both super stressed and angry, which is very harmful for both of us. We haven’t even had a moment to truly grieve for Jon, and it is one week today since he passed.

I’m bringing Jim home tomorrow, and I dare anyone to try to stop me. I DARE YOU!

How many innocent elderly folks, who have no one like me to supervise their care, are being mistreated in this facility and don’t know that their care is inadequate?

And if this facility is “top rated,” imagine what the other choices are like?

I forgot to mention that Jim was kicked out of the hospital, because they couldn’t justify his care to Medicare.

I guess Medicare would prefer that Jim dies a horrible death from infection and neglect.

They don’t even think it’s necessary to check Jim’s SATS every hour or so.

I’m certain that you all feel our anger and our fears reading this.

Just remember: this is how you are treated when you’re elderly, fragile, and deathly ill. You are discarded and made to believe that the subpar care you’re receiving is superior.

I wish that I was in the desert or on top of a mountain right now, so I could let out a primal scream.

I will call Dr. K on Monday. In the meantime, Jim is coming home tomorrow, and we’re going to be together for Easter.

You may recall that I recently stated that I would move mountains for Jim. Now, I am. If I have to carry him on my bent back from there to home, I will.

First, I need to get plenty of sleep tonight to have the energy and strength to deal with tomorrow. That’s why I didn’t spring Jim tonight. I have to think about me sometimes. And this is one of those times.

Thank you all so much for your love, prayers, and constant support. We love you and pray for you and your loved ones. We give thanks for the blessing you are in our lives.

Love & Light,

Rose

After I finished this, Jim called and insisted on coming home. I called the ambulance company, and they're going to pick him up. I spoke the the supervisor at the facility. She said she'd call the doctor. Jim will have to sign an AMA form. I'll call the ambulance, they'll bring him home.

AMA. Ha! The docs were sending him home initially, but I was led to believe that his care would be more than I could manage. I told the facility supervisor, "I can certainly do a much better job than you are."

More excitement ahead this evening and less sleep.

I can't leave him there. I'm grateful we have a good ambulance company.
    WOW! Rose, this was horrifying to read! Just disgusting behavior by these so called "professionals". I'm fuming here! Good on you for your righteous fury! You have most likely saved Jim's precious life! So glad no members of my family ever went to a nursing home after reading this. As I said in an earlier post, I'm NOT glad Jon died but I'm glad Jon will never have to endure a place such as what Jim just endured. Perhaps Jon left his earthly body, when he did to give his beloved father his room to rescue him from utter nursing home hell. I'm so sorry all of this has happened and I pray for you and I pray on my knees for the poor patients in this "facility".
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 04-19-2019 at 09:42 PM.

19. The following user says "thanks"

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast