Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Thread: April 2019

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I could likely get by with 1 per day, maybe 4 days a week, plus the need for spasm control, and IVIG (2).
    Yes, but there's a risk with 4x/week that you will develop a physical dependence on it, and you'll begin to suffer withdrawal effects on the other days that you aren't taking it. It only has a half life of around 12 hours. The withdrawal effects are brutal which is why tapering off is so difficult. That's why ativan is so addictive, because of its short half life when your body begins going through withdrawal.

Have you tried the longer acting Xanax, valium, or clonazepam to see if they are beneficial to reducing your spasms and SPS symptoms, but with a longer half life and therefore less chance of dependence?

It may not work for you as they didn't help with my tremors or spasticity which were my reasons for starting it. But, it's worth trying because they have much longer half lives.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, I wonder if the lady in the article you posted who has SPS, would possibly talk to you about what she has done for hers. It may not be something you can or want to do, but on the other hand you might learn about something that your Doctor has not thought of. You said you were going to e-mail her. I wish you would do it in such a way that it would it elicit a response from her. I would like for you to hear from her.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Hi Virginia, I did email her.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 20 minutes, 666 yards. When I swim, I try to focus on the feel of the water and the visual display around me. It enhances meditation and reduces pain.

However, Today, I found my mind wander to cat and to Rose and Jim. ... I really do think that everyone is connected to everyone in a spiritual fashion. Much like all of the trees are connected through some type of vast underground communication between chemicals released by the roots. After all, how else can they have created symphonies of connectedness in the forests ...
    Last edited by Sunshine; 04-15-2019 at 08:30 AM.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I also have read evidence of how the trees are interconnected, you are on the right track, Sunshine.

Being present and mindful in whatever we are doing is important, especially when the mind has a tendency to wander, and we are predisposed to worry and dwelling if given a chance.

Better to occupy the mind and put out positive thoughts of gratitude or peaceful energy than spread negativity and dark shadows into the environment and throughout our own psyche.

Glad you are finding peace through swimming, Sunshine, helping your mind AND body!

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I should get back to meditation, even if I do it alone.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yes, Virginia! I do it alone all of the time. Try to do it more often, and I bet you will then do it at least once a day.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't tried meditation but would think it would be easier done alone? Less distraction?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Agate, when you have a small group like I was in and a very pleasant setting to sit in I find it easier with them. I know that someone else is going to take care of the gongs going off. The lights are just dim enough and it was very pleasant. I just had to sit in a room with the right temperature and very, very low lighting and try to keep my mind on not wondering.
    Virginia

I swam 693 yards today in 20.5 minutes. I have been on the rollator all day, Rarely having to do R2D2 today. This is an endurance race: I am in mild vertigo all of the day, its not unsafe type of vertigo, just unpleasant. But I persist nonetheless (as Sen McConnell said about Sen Warren 2 years ago)...

19. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast