Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

I get what you say , Sunshine,,I am guilty of reading and then not posting,,,, I care,

Oceans,, I always loved South Padre Island,, was down there with mom and dad, and my sister Nancy,, {the seagulls,,she was feeding them, I warned her , but they pooped on her head,, she freaked out,, and ran into the water to wash off,, I just laughed,,lol }
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I have been to Cape Cod - no black sand when I went.

Well, I think I know what was wrong when I got so violently sick Monday night. One of my sister-in-laws that I had dinner with Sunday night did the same thing and her sickness hit Monday night also. She was ordering and going by weight watcher points. She kept looking at everything in a salad and kept saying this is free, this is free, this is free. So anyway I thought why not just order the salad she is ordering since it has almost no weight watcher points. I had decided on something else and changed my order to match hers.

My brother that she is married to was not there that night. He called me this morning and I told him I had been really sick this week, but was getting a little better. He said did you and Terry by any chance have the same thing Sunday night and I said yes. He said that is what it was. We probably got e-coli from the lettuce. I told him she is one strong lady because she is fine now. She ate every bite on her plate and I don't think I ate even half of mine. If I had I am convinced I would be dead. Actually, she is very strong, not large, just strong and healthy. He said it was the first time she had thrown up in 28 years. I reminded him that it was my first time in 26 years when he and my other brother went one Sunday night to pick up some medicine the Doctor phoned in for me.

So, I guess it takes about 24 hours for something like this to hit. She and I were on the same time frame.

Family is having a big get together for a birthday tonight, but it will have to be without me.

Peg, pigeons are really bad about doing what you were talking about happened to your sister. Our capital square (where the Capital Building is located) use to have lots of pigeons and I loved the square, but hated walking through it for that very reason.

Sunshine, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Agate, Ann, Howie, Nuthatch - Hi to all of you.
    Virginia

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Well, after looking online, and even calling my sister, I have decided the black sand beach must have been a dream. It was pretty though!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I have spent a lot of time looking at the Atlantic. I grew up near Boston. As an adult I have spent a lot of time in P’town taking lots of boat rides to watch the whales and going out fishing on smaller boats.i love sitting on a beach and just listening.

It was sunny and 76 today. The rain will be here for most of the coming week but today was and still is exquisite.

Listening to an audiobook titled “ The Woman in the Window”. The author’s name is Finn. I think it will become a movie. I am enjoying the story. It seems like it is sort of like a Hitchcock movie but I could be totally wrong.

Well, I have to go prepare some foods to bring to a friend tomorrow. We are having an opera day! She subscribes to the Metropolitan Opera and we get to watch on her smart television. Neat!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Believe it or not, I'm logged on all the time too. That little "keep me logged in" box is checked and I check to read new posts at least once a day. I'm usually on later than most of you, due to the time difference, plus I tend to stay up late at night and often go to bed about the time of some of you early risers are getting up. I often don't post because I don't have much to say, have too much to say, or don't think anyone would be interested. I also don't want to sound like I'm whining, even when I need to!

I'm sure most of us joined this forum to learn about MS, treatments, how to cope and what to expect the future might bring with MS. I didn't expect that, over the years, the members would become a type of "family", but that's indeed the feeling now.
    I enjoy reading the little tidbits you all share about your lives and try to do the same. Having been here for so many years, most of us have seen the core group get smaller and have felt a deep loss when we lose a member.
    And yes, the affectionately called mother hens worry about other members, especially when there absent.

Hope you're back to your normal by now, Virginia. Hang in there, Sunshine, praying for better days for you. Jeanie and Cat in my thoughts and prayers. Ann & Mom too. Haven't seen Rose lately, she okay?
    Oh my, lots of worries!

Howie, there are black sand beaches in Hawaii I hear. I was looking at some pics my son sent and see tiny bits of black sand in San Diego! Check out that wet sand!

AW, now for the last of the yummy potato soup! Thank you, Virginia!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Nuthatch, I looked online, and got to see black sand beaches in the world, but they were nowhere I had ever been. But I do remember seeing black sand as a kid. Maybe it was an oil spill!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

As a kid I remember getting tar stuck on my feet when we went to the beach. Oil seeps up from the ocean floor and washes up on the beach. You tried to avoid it, but . . . Dad used to get it off with a rag dipped in gasoline. We're lucky we're still alive and didn't go up in a ball of flames!
    Wonder if Dawn dishwashing soap works? Isn't that what they use on birds when there is an oil spill?

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Must have been unpleasant to put it mildly, nuthatch.

There are beaches with black sand as a result of volcanic activity but in other parts of the world:

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...and-and-hawaii

Maybe Howie was looking at one of those beaches where oil had seeped up.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Virginia - 12 to 72 hours from consuming, according to this in todays news! Kroger, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's mentioned. Target and Wallmart too. Aren't these places you shop? We all do!!! Seems we're seeing more and more of salmonella and e-coli contaminations these days!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pr...eak/ar-BBVTsoE

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that too, nuthatch, and have heard that the inspection regulations have been loosened up.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast