Page 1 of 28 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT April Chit Chat

hello,, we are still in recovery mode, at the farm,, we just keep adding to the list, of spring work,,

got the new computer and in 2 days, we already have a problem,, so the old one is hooked up till our son gets here this weekend, to fix things,,

Sunshine,, I sure hate to hear you are struggling,, hope things turn around for you,,Cat, how you doing ?,, Everyone else,, {{{healing hugs }}}

Weather finally decided to act like the season,, warm, but not to,, 50s & 60s,,drying time,,is what we need,,

later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Good morning all! A new month is here, and in 2 more days, a new payday. I have been so poor this month, and next month isn't looking much better.

I haven't had a beer this month, can't afford one, so that's not where my money went. I wish it were that simple. Oh well, at least I ate each day, so that's something. As you all know, there are people in this world who are starving.

Well, on a more positive note, spring is in the air. I haven't turned the heat on at night for a week. Time for bathing suits and convertibles.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi to all--

Peg, I hope your computer problem can be solved easily. Thank you for starting off a new month!

Slogging along here, going to the dentist this week but at least it's probably just routine, and the weather is getting more springlike. I hope everyone else is enjoying spring by now too.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, thanks for always getting us started on a new month. I do hope you and Farmer Joe get dried out very soon. Your son must be very good with computers. Probably it is something he can take care of very quickly.

Howie, just make sure you get plenty of food and save enough money for food for the month. Other things can go even if you don't want them to, but food is a must. Also, I know that you will see to it that Sam has lots of food, especially cheese.

Agate, sorry you have to go to the Dentist this week. I am glad it is routine, but even that it is not pleasant. Glad your weather is getting better.

Weather here is pretty and spring like also, however we are beginning to have lots of the green stuff that falls from the trees.

Sunshine, maybe the warmer weather will help loosen your tight legs a little. Would be wonderful if that was all it took.

I am off to mail a card to Jeanie and run by the bank. See you all later.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Virginia, Sam eats better than I do. I have sliced turkey for her for the remainder of the time before payday. Sam always comes first!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, I’ve amused my entire family with your gif of the cat flying up into the UFO. Thanks!

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 04-01-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

When I went out today to mail my card and go to the bank I decided to also get gas in the car. There is a little sandwich shop near by, so I went in and did something I haven't done in many years. I had a grilled pimento cheese sandwich (they make their own pimento cheese and it is really good). I also had a sprite. I wanted a caffeine free coke but they didn't have any so I had a sprite. I haven't had a coke of any kind in years. That is much more than I usually have for lunch. I normally always have just yogurt and a small piece of candy. It was nice to do something different for a change. The weather was very spring like, but cool. It was good to be out.

The only problem was that I have had dizziness and feelings that it was going to go into vertigo. I am fine behind the wheel of the car.

It was a nice day.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Today I see the neuro. LEts see what he thinks. Tomorrow is 8 hours of IVIG. ... Waiting for urology test to come back.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, hope the appointment today goes well with some good input into what you have been going through. I know you always dread IVIG days, but just maybe it will perk you up and help for a little while. I certainly hope so.

As pretty as it was here yesterday, is how ugly it is today - cold and raining.

The headlights on my car had started to look bad and a nice young man came yesterday at 5 o'clock and polished them. I met him on Nextdoor Neighbor e-mail. Someone recommended him and I called him. One of the headlights has moisture behind the cover. He took me out to see it. He e-mailed me with a shop that he trust to do good and fair priced work on cars. He also looked up the headlights on the internet and found the cheapest that were available and e-mailed me that. He has gone over and above what I would have expected. He felt he could find them at a better price for me than if I had to take the car into the dealer. It has been awhile since I have had anyone go above and beyond what they need to just to be of help. Impressive.

I am waiting for Laura. She is half hour late so far, hope she doesn't cancel.
    Virginia

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Spent all day yesterday at the Memory and Aging Clinic with David while he was getting his infusion and we both did followup questionnaires. Then I met with the Nurse who coordinates services for people in the Clinical Trials and she had the Neurologist's PA meet with us and suggest that David see Geriatric Psychiatrist to help with coping mechanisms for his hypervigilance and irritability. He was not open to that but when she suggested Aricept, he jumped on it. Found out today that we have to go back (an hour drive each way) for a separate round of cognitive testing for it to be approved while he is in the trial. They are already closed for the day so will have to follow-up on that tomorrow.

So tired lately. Not sure why. I see my nephrologist tomorrow (he works with me to manage BP) so will see how the labs that were done today look and if there might be any clues there. Cruise is in a week and a half and I wish I had more energy going into it that this. Cold and breezy here today with temps in the upper 30s.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 28 12345611 ... LastLast