Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728 LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, sorry for that very bad night. I hope the Tizanidine helps. I like it better than baclofen but it makes me too sleepy to stay awake at more than 2 mg.

Good luck at IVIG infusion.

Also sorry that you have night cramps, Agate.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, sorry this started happening again. I had spasms over the course of several days back a couple of weeks ago. They were some of the worse that I have had in many years. Every time it happened I thought of you. I thought this is what Sunshine goes through on a very frequent basis. It scared me because I didn't know if mine would get better or not. Some were on the bottom of my foot and others on my legs. I hope the new regime works for you. I hate to think that you might have to go back on more Baclofen since the side effects are so bad.

Agate, sorry I misread that. I couldn't imagine you being glad to see summer. I am already dreading it.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't imagine you being glad to see summer. I am already dreading it.
    Me too. I love the cold, but during the Summer, I give the AC a real workout. I have to do any running around very early in the morning. I hate the Summer!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Today was infusion 7 of 20 for David in the Clinical trial. It was also a day of repeat cognitive testing and me answering an hour and a half of questions about David's function, psychological state, mental and physical abilities and ...oh yes..."How much stress does this add to you or how much does this impact your stress levels?" OK. It could be a lot worse and may be one day but I am grateful that we are where we are rather than where we might be.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Virginia, I can't really give you any input on support hose other than I know they are very difficult to put on. I have very bad lymphedema so I use compression leg wraps, foot/ankle wraps and toe caps (compression gloves for your toes) every day and have for years.
    You can see them here: https://www.brightlifedirect.com/col...vendor=CircAid
    Toe Caps: https://www.brightlifedirect.com/col...vendor=CircAid

I do not wear them at night, but sleep with my feet elevated. My feet and toes are wrinkled in the morning when I wake up, but immediately swell up as soon as I get up. The wraps keep the swelling down enough so that I don't get open wounds anymore. The wraps I use are made by CircAid and are very expensive and unsightly, but necessary in my case. (yes, the prices you see are for just one!)

I encourage you to browse the website. They carry many brands and types of compression garments, some quite fashionable! They also carry the accessories you may need to help with putting on compression hose and diabetic socks too.
    https://www.brightlifedirect.com

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thanks Nuthatch, I am going to go on the website and see if they carry the ones I am using for less than $90.00 per pair. I knew you knew a lot about it and that you used some kind of wraps, but I figured you had worn the knee highs maybe at sometime in the past. Thought I would never get mine on this morning. Hope you are doing well.

Cherie, had wondered how Dave was doing. He will soon be to the half way point, and it always sounds like he is doing pretty good when you mention him. I hope he has calmed down over this some. I also hope redoing all your finances has helped him.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I found the knee highs I am wearing. Not much cheaper. They are $39.14 for one on sale, so it would be two times that to get a pair. Oh well!
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nuthatch, I just reread your post and noticed that you mention diabetic socks. I've had trouble finding any that I like but this place has quite a variety and the prices aren't bad for most of them. By now I've learned that diabetic socks are costly. I'll pay for them without a complaint though because they're ever so much more comfortable than the ordinary kneehighs I was wearing.

Thank you for providing this information.

A while back I was getting diabetic shoes through a "pedorthist" at a local pharmacy. She was very good and sold me my first pair of diabetic socks. These had silver threads worked into the knit--real silver, which was supposed to be helpful in some way.

Yes, they were quite comfortable. But as time went on, the silver threads started to work their way out.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Virginia - I'm not positive, but I think the price is for one pair of socks, not a single sock. I've never heard of single socks being sold separately. You could call and ask. The wraps are sold singly because many people have lymphedema in just one limb. The wraps come with a liner sock, a compression gauge for determining the proper tightness to apply (they close with velcro), plus a cover sock (which I don't use).

I remember my lymphedema nurse telling me that the wraps should not hurt.

Agate - Hope you can get what you need at this site. My lymphedema nurse recommended the site for the variety and the best prices.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Nuthatch, thanks so much. I just set up my profile and gave them an order. They said that they come by the pair and that every box has two in it. This means that the people I bought from locally over charged me. They originally quoted me $48.99 per pair and when I went to pick them up they said that was for one and since I needed two for a pair it would be $90.00. I am going to call them tomorrow.

I hope this works out and if it does I will be ordering from these people. I also bought a pair of donning gloves, so hope that helps get them on.

I appreciate you giving me the information. When the local people told me that they had mistakenly quoted me one instead of a pair I really questioned it because it didn't make a lot of sense to me for compression knee highs, but if I was going to get them I had no choice.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728 LastLast