Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Trump has done away with a lot of our protections. Deregulation. Grrrrrr!

I bet black sand beaches are hot. Some remind me of asphalt!

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, doing better today. I really think it was e-coli from some lettuce I ate. Since my sister-in-law got sick within the same timeframe I did and we ate the same thing it makes sense. All that perfectly good food that I threw out of my refrigerator ughh. I threw it out Thursday and did not find out until today that she also got sick Monday night. That is not what I was going to have, but I copied her because she kept telling what all was in the Salad and that it is all free points on weight watchers, so I just said I might well have free points as well.

I watched a movie tonight called On The Basis of Sex. Ruth Bader Gingsberg. She was really something and still is.

Nuthatch, since you asked I guess it is alright to tell you and I expect Rose would want us to. She lost her son in the wee hours of I believe Friday morning. Maybe if you would like you could go over to Child Neurology and leave her a note. It is very, very sad.

I had potato soup last night, tonight and will probably have it tomorrow night. I like it and nothing else is appealing at the moment, so it taste good.
    Virginia

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuthatch, doing better today. I really think it was e-coli from some lettuce I ate. Since my sister-in-law got sick within the same timeframe I did and we ate the same thing it makes sense. All that perfectly good food that I threw out of my refrigerator ughh. I threw it out Thursday and did not find out until today that she also got sick Monday night. That is not what I was going to have, but I copied her because she kept telling what all was in the Salad and that it is all free points on weight watchers, so I just said I might well have free points as well.

I watched a movie tonight called On The Basis of Sex. Ruth Bader Gingsberg. She was really something and still is.

Nuthatch, since you asked I guess it is alright to tell you and I expect Rose would want us to. She lost her son in the wee hours of I believe Friday morning. Maybe if you would like you could go over to Child Neurology and leave her a note. It is very, very sad.

I had potato soup last night, tonight and will probably have it tomorrow night. I like it and nothing else is appealing at the moment, so it taste good.
    Sorry about the e-coli! And yes Rose is heartbroken right now so I also left her a note.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Don't tell Sam, but I gave her the last slice of turkey this morning, so I HAD to go and get her some more. I need to make a dump run, but not today. I'm in for the day, and now Sam is a happy cat!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Don't tell Sam, but I gave her the last slice of turkey this morning, so I HAD to go and get her some more. I need to make a dump run, but not today. I'm in for the day, and now Sam is a happy cat!
    I'm really glad you've taken care of what's important, Howie.😸
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Wow, I just looked at the weather, and I'm under a tornado watch until 8:00.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Virginia - so sorry you've been dealing with a food borne illness. Did either of you notify the restaurant? Important for them to be aware in order for them to review where they purchased the produce from or review staff and hygiene practices. How awful for you. I've had food poisoning too and it's a beast.

Take good care to rest and feed yourself very healthy foods to help you recover.

I too hope Cat is okay.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those who missed it, very sad news. Rose (Earth Mother 2 Angels) has lost her son Jonathan. You can see her thread in the Child Neurology forum, "Jonathan Received His Wings Today."

Rose, our hearts go out to you in sympathy.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    For those who missed it, very sad news. Rose (Earth Mother 2 Angels) has lost her son Jonathan. You can see her thread in the Child Neurology forum, "Jonathan Received His Wings Today."

Rose, our hearts go out to you in sympathy.
    Yes the link to Rose's newest thread about Jon sadly passing is here http://braintalkcommunities.org/show...is-Wings-Today Hope Rose doesn't mind me sharing it. Feel free to drop her a comforting line.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Oh, I am sorry to.see about Rose!

I see I've been missed.

On April 3 husband woke me up to find that I didn't wake up! After 3 days in the hospital finally. did. Something common in late stage where all systems shut down from toes.to brain. So I'm left with weak toes, legs, legs, arms, neck. And brain: loss of cognitive skills. Hard to remember thinngs. Loss of basic skills. Could not remember the alphabet, struggle to.count passed second. It takes a long time to remember what to say and how to to say it.I mix up words, leetters.so after several more days in the the hospital I'm in a rehab center being rehabilitated. I don't know how long I'll be here for a long time. I'll type something, it'll look fine , I'll look me till look again and find some more. Really challenging. It takes a long time for even the short message. Poor tc is really freaked out. Heart rhythm is disturbed, speech , hearing, speech all disturbed. Goods is I'm still here. Bad news is I'm pretty missed up....p

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast