Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I only eat one meal a day. Right now, and for a while to come, I'm eating the pasta I made the other day. And I'll have coleslaw which I always have. I bought vanilla wafers for dessert. And I drink soy milk.

I know it's not much, but you don't need many calories if you don't burn many.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only eat one meal a day. Right now, and for a while to come, I'm eating the pasta I made the other day. And I'll have coleslaw which I always have. I bought vanilla wafers for dessert. And I drink soy milk.

I know it's not much, but you don't need many calories if you don't burn many.
    I found that out too. If I eat more than 1300 calories a day, I'll put on weight. Someone in my category typically needs 1,600:

https://health.gov/dietaryguidelines...es/appendix-2/
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I can taste that acorn squash. The thing I’d miss on your diet is a hot drink in the morning - usually coffee - and a hot drink in the evening - usually tea.

Hi Howie!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, I'm a big coffee drinker. And I always use the French Vanilla creamer. I usually have 2 mugs. A mug is actually 2 cups. It gets me moving each day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi Everyone,

I came on a couple of times yesterday and didn't find anyone at all, so I just got huffy and left. Actually, I went over to Rose's and read her post. I did my exercises yesterday and the day before, but only one time. I am supposed to do them two times, but it takes me between 40 and 45 minutes and I just don't think I need to devote that much time twice a day. Well, actually I do need to, but I don't want to.

Today I had a lazy start and did not get out of the house until 4P.M. I went to Harris Teeter and bought most of my groceries. I spent over an hour there. Then I went to Fresh Market and got my yogurt since Harris Teeter has not been carrying the kind I like lately. Then I went to Panera where I got my usual pick two a cup of soup and half a sandwich.

As for food:
    Breakfast has been for a long time - one boiled egg, about 5 oz of diet cranberry juice
    Lunch - 8 oz of low fat or fat free yogurt, one piece of dove dark chocolate
    Afternoon snack - a banana or honey covered almonds or occasionally an avocado
    Dinner - varies a lot. Sometime I make vegetable beef soup which I eat a couple of days. Sometime I make beef stew which I eat a couple of days. This week I am going to have chicken made with Sunshine's recipe of pesto, tomatoes and cheese. I sometime have a Marie Calendar frozen dinner such as Roasted Turkey with stuffing or Turkey with sweet potatoes or even her chicken pot pies.
    Desert is always a Yasso frozen chocolate yogurt bar

Snack - A piece of gouda cheese with Strawberry preserves or peach preserves. If still hungry another handful of almonds.

This week I am doing something different. I bought cereal for the first time in a very long time. I also bought skim milk. So I will have cheerios with milk in the mornings.

I sometime eat peanut butter and crackers for night snack.

Actually, my diet is a little more varied than this because right now I can't remember what all I cook, but I know that sometime I fix things in the crock pot such as pork loin or potato soup. I started to make chicken soup this week, but decided that since I have to go out Monday I will wait. Also, I often fix salads with lettuce, tomato, red onion and then when I put it on my plate I add shredded cheese, Kalamata olives and the dressing.

Agate, you have a diet soda for breakfast!! I couldn't do that. I drink almost no soft drinks, mostly just water. However, I did leave one thing out, I have a cup of hot herbal tea when I have my night snack of cheese with preserves.
    Virginia

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Everyone,

I came on a couple of times yesterday and didn't find anyone at all, so I just got huffy and left. Actually, I went over to Rose's and read her post. I did my exercises yesterday and the day before, but only one time. I am supposed to do them two times, but it takes me between 40 and 45 minutes and I just don't think I need to devote that much time twice a day. Well, actually I do need to, but I don't want to.

Today I had a lazy start and did not get out of the house until 4P.M. I went to Harris Teeter and bought most of my groceries. I spent over an hour there. Then I went to Fresh Market and got my yogurt since Harris Teeter has not been carrying the kind I like lately. Then I went to Panera where I got my usual pick two a cup of soup and half a sandwich.

As for food:
    Breakfast has been for a long time - one boiled egg, about 5 oz of diet cranberry juice
    Lunch - 8 oz of low fat or fat free yogurt, one piece of dove dark chocolate
    Afternoon snack - a banana or honey covered almonds or occasionally an avocado
    Dinner - varies a lot. Sometime I make vegetable beef soup which I eat a couple of days. Sometime I make beef stew which I eat a couple of days. This week I am going to have chicken made with Sunshine's recipe of pesto, tomatoes and cheese. I sometime have a Marie Calendar frozen dinner such as Roasted Turkey with stuffing or Turkey with sweet potatoes or even her chicken pot pies.
    Desert is always a Yasso frozen chocolate yogurt bar

Snack - A piece of gouda cheese with Strawberry preserves or peach preserves. If still hungry another handful of almonds.

This week I am doing something different. I bought cereal for the first time in a very long time. I also bought skim milk. So I will have cheerios with milk in the mornings.

I sometime eat peanut butter and crackers for night snack.

Actually, my diet is a little more varied than this because right now I can't remember what all I cook, but I know that sometime I fix things in the crock pot such as pork loin or potato soup. I started to make chicken soup this week, but decided that since I have to go out Monday I will wait. Also, I often fix salads with lettuce, tomato, red onion and then when I put it on my plate I add shredded cheese, Kalamata olives and the dressing.

Agate, you have a diet soda for breakfast!! I couldn't do that. I drink almost no soft drinks, mostly just water. However, I did leave one thing out, I have a cup of hot herbal tea when I have my night snack of cheese with preserves.
    I'm thinking of dropping in at mealtime, Virginia. I'd really get some good food.

The diet soda is something I sip on all day until about 9 PM. Maybe it's doing for me what coffee does for others--the caffeine seems to help me to be less groggy. I can't do hot liquids at all--no soup, tea, or coffee because I'm too apt to spill them and get burned, though I did remember that I sometimes have a thick soup for dinner (McDougall's split pea or lentil soup usually). Not so easy to spill a thick soup.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Suze-Q and Nuthatch sometime come on during the week-end. I wonder where they are. Also, I don't think we have seen Cat around lately,

By the way, did any of you realize Peg said SNOW and more of it to come. She also had rain. What is she doing wrong in Iowa? We are in the 70s. Springtime is definitely in this part of the country.

It is bedtime, but I just finished opening my mail, so I think I will take a break and drink some tea before going to bed.
    Virginia

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

So sorry about your husband's aunt, Peg, and it's too bad it's such a long trip for her memorial service. At least it isn't likely to be snowing anywhere, not even in Iowa, in June.

nuthatch, Tula's natural curls are just beautiful. They look like the kind of curls that will be with her forever and not turn into straight hair as she gets a bit older, the way some kids' curls do. My son started out with straight hair but it got very curly by the time he was about 10. You just never know what hair is going to do.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

I'm here. Just don't have much to say of interest most of the time.
    Went to see the doctor today, the one I had been seeing before he left the "group" two years ago, when he started his own practice. I had become very dissatisfied with the "group" doctor.
    I had been to see the nurse practitioner a week ago for the results of the ultrasound. He said the lump appears to be a lipoma (a fatty tumor) and nothing to worry about.

I went to get reestablished with my "old" doctor whom I loved, and also to get his opinion. He is open on Saturdays and Sundays for now, since he is in LA Mon. thru Wed. with his new wife until she relocates up here. I jokingly asked him when he is going to start doing home visits and to my surprise he said he was soon! We talked about how needed they were for a segment of society. He is sending me to a surgeon to be looked at and to decide what to do about the lump, if anything. So it's still a wait and see thing.
    In the meantime, MS, lymphedema, being totally wheelchair bound and all the symptoms that come with those issues are my constant companions. On a good note, the pressure sore is nearly gone and doesn't hurt anymore.

Poppies are starting to bloom in the front yard but aren't nearly as robust as they were two years ago. I'm sure that's because hubby laid weed fabric beneath the wood chips last year in an effort to keep the weeds from taking over. The poppy seedlings can't get through the fabric to Mother Earth! But those poppies are determined . . . there is a tiny little plant with a flower on it growing between the pavers on the driveway and several more poppy plants popping up in the small cracks between pavers!

agate, you're right about never knowing what hair is going to do! I went from curly as a tot, to strait as a child, to wavy/curly as a teen, to really curly as a young mother. Of course I hated curly hair as a teen. Straight was the "cool thing" at that time and I remember using big rollers and straighteners, even an iron, to rid myself of the dreaded curls. All it took was a little moisture in the air and I was back to square one.
    So who knows what is going to happen with Tula's curls, but we love them now! Everyone comments on those curls!

Hungry for Virginia's potato soup even though it's not cold and rainy. Peg needs potato soup! We put bacon into it . . . yum!

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

nuthatch, that's good news about the lipoma and probably correct that you don't need to do anything in particular about it just now.

Would the poppies be those lovely orange California poppies? In WA state I sometimes saw vast expanses of them, and they were quite beautiful.

Last edited by agate; 04-07-2019 at 09:01 AM.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast