Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

For some reason, I got logged out of BT...hm... Back in now.

I will be meeting with VNA soon to see what services, if any, I need at this time that they deliver to people. Will report in once the appt time is established.

Today will take Ativan, a powerful SPS muscle relaxant, and will go out for a nice lunch, and maybe to a store to shop for linens that are hard to get on line since you canít feel the sheets and towels on line...DH will take me with R2D2.

Struggling with SPS and extrusion of L5 disc.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Just waiting for the filtration cycle to end on the pool so I can do my exercise, get dressed and be off to church. I noted the comment that there were people on but not posting. I never log out but I think it's been three days since I have been here so perhaps there aren't as many folks as it may seem. Still no call on urine culture but as of the 24 hour read on it there was no growth.

Have to go to Macy's after Church to get jackets for the Boys before the Cruise. Heather got a couple at Marshalls but Kristof's sleeves are way too short. She got a 40 R and he should be in a 38L. She got Gregory a 38R and he should be in a 36R. Macy's has them for what she paid but I have coupons that will take about $20/jacket so it's worth a trip to the store.

Reading the Harry Potter series for the first time ever. In the last couple of weeks I've read the first 4 books and started the 5th last night. Grandkids have been kind enough to loan them to me. Good life lessons taught amidst an implausible fantasy background.

Agate, I read through your menu and could never follow it. Too much gluten, dairy and salt but it seems like a simple way to get your basic nutrition. We had two friends over for dinner last night and I did a tenderloin roast of pork, baby potatoes, fresh beets and asparagus broiled with fresh minced garlic.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Good morning all! Here I am calling CVS.....AGAIN. I get a text message from them that they have 3 prescriptions ready for pickup. That's great, but it should be FOUR.

So I called them, and they said there was one that hadn't been filled, and they would have it ready in an hour. I told them I would just pick it up tomorrow.

The person that sends the text needs to get things straight so the customer doesn't have to do it. I seem to have trouble with CVS more and more lately.

Well, that's my rant for today. I feel better now.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I went to CVS after they sent a text message, and it was four like it was supposed to be, and the same copay I've been paying. So maybe Humana didn't enter the picture.

But I'm glad everything went well, and I can now relax and enjoy the day.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am here,, checking in,, we had 2 inches of snow this week,, and a inch of rain,, plus next week, they are talking more snow and rain ,, farmers are going to be late for field work,,

We went and bought groceries, and found out 3 of Joes sisters and hubbys are driving to Oregon, in June for a celebration of Aunt Marys life,,,she died in Dec.,{Joes 98 yr old aunt}, in June they will go, I would love to go "if" we flew, but not driving that long,,

later,, don't let the bed bugs bite,,
    Hello,
    John just plowed two of our fields. I love the look. We are late planting peas as it has been cold and windy here in western Massachusetts. I bet the crop is already doomed as I expect we will go from this cold to incredible heat.

We did not save any of our potatoes for seed. It was such a disastrously wet year last time that we wanted to start with clean seed potatoes. We are cutting down on how much we plant. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and even great organic sections in the local grocery stores have eaten into our sales. Maybe someday soon, too soon, our food will all be grown in high rise buildings under lights...like I have seen in Programs about Japan.

I am glad I will end with the century that still had farms and tractors and dirt and neighbors that helped each other tinker with things.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Nuthatch, good to see you and know that you are now back seeing a Doctor that you like and it sounds like you can trust. So interesting that he said he was going to start making house calls. Been a long time since I have heard that. By the way, you have as much interesting stuff, and sometimes more, than the rest of us do. But we just like to keep in touch with everyone. You've got flowers and I've got nothing but green pollen all over my house, my deck and my car.

Sunshine, let us know when you find out about what kind and how much help you might be getting. I do hope you had a good day today after taking the Ativan. I hope the lunch was real good and that you and hubby enjoyed the outing.

Cherie, your dinner sounds scrumptious as usual. I fix tinder loin sometime and would do more of it, but I have to throw so much away. Right now I wish I had some of the potato soup that Nuthatch was talking about. The next couple of weeks will probably be just cool enough to have it, although I like soup all year. Wish I had thought of the ingredients when I went to the store. Hope you had a nice afternoon of shopping for the boys.

Howie, you are going to get CVS straightened out yet. I think you have to learn to deal with all of them.

Linda, I always enjoyed the food more from our farmer's market than from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. However, I no longer can get to the farmer's market and walk around out there so I can't go. I don't always find everything as fresh at Whole Foods as I think it should be. I buy some things from the organic section of the grocery store, but since learning that much of the e-coli got started from organic foods that are trucked in, I am just not as interested. At least this is what a man that is very high up in the agriculture dept at N.C. State College told me. He said when organic food first started out it was real good, but then some of the people that were farming it were no longer using the right stuff to fertilize, etc. By the time it got to the stores he said it was not always that good. I think the farmer's market is still good and wish I could go there again.

I went to eat with family tonight. We went to a restaurant that we have not been to in a very long time. The name of it is Piper's and I like to go there, but I ordered something today that I will not get again. I got Southwestern Chicken Salad. It was a whole platter of greens with black beans, corn, a little tomato and a dressing that was so hot I could not eat it. I ate just a little bit and then ate two of one of my sister-in-law's nachos to fill up. Another sister-in-law got what I did and ate every bite on the platter. I will have my cheese and preserves and hot tea in a little while.

Dizziness was back this morning, so I am unable to do exercises today. I still think it might be pollen related or at least positional, so I am going to wait another week or so before returning to the Doctor. I had stopped the Flonase for a couple of days, but will return to it this evening.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I sure wish we could get more news from Jeanie. I miss her and I am getting concerned. Seems like a long time since she last e-mailed Agate.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, I don't know whether Jeanie can read the posts here. I hope she will contact me again soon.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

DH goes to the local farmers market almost every Saturday morning. He gets blueberries there, among other things, regularly. They are so flavorful compared to the blueberries we get at Trader Joes's or the other markets. Fresher too. He recently bought a blueberry plant and planted it in the back yard. I'm not sure it will do well here, we'll see. Any tips, Laz?

Weather clouded up here again, so I guess it's soup weather after all. Soup is cooking in the crock pot . . . smells so good! Maybe the soup cooking in the crockpot is responsible for the weather change???

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Echoing concern for and about Jeanie.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast