Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Visit with neuro went well. Brain MRI in June to look for new active lesions. He saw the cognitive deficits I was describing. Its pretty. Obvious.

Restarting chiropractor per neuro rec. Urogram showed extrusive disc pressing on nerve root. His physical exam confirms some loss of function from it. If sudden symptoms he described, he will then send me to the neurosurgeon. thinks we can avoid that.

Still no call back from Urologist about the Microgen result of Cystoscopy. I have called twice and left messages. Tomorrow is IVIGóbet he calls then. I try not to take calls. Last time I spasmed there after a stressful business call. We will see. I might call them, though, since I am out of Antibiotics Thursday morning.

Grim.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Sunshine,, as the saying goes,,"if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all",, things are escalating on you, and I applaud you for doing everything you can to keep it at bay,,{{{hugs from Iowa }}
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, hope tomorrow is a good day with good news re cystoscopy and an easy IVIG day. Nice that you are going back to Chiropractor if that will do even a little good. Hope he can get those legs moving.

Well, no Laura today. I will hope that she comes tomorrow.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cherie, hope Dave gets situated on Aricept and that it helps him. You two do a lot of running around. I wonder if that is part of the tiredness you are having now.

Maybe the cruise will pep you up. You seem to enjoy them most of the time. Be sure to bring us back all the new information.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

It was FINALLY payday! I went to the bank, then the store, and mailed off all my bills on the way out. I'm having coffee which did last me until this morning. But I have plenty now.

And I bought no beer, and won't from now on. I get nothing out of it. I want to go the other direction, and coffee helps that.

I bought pasta, but won't make it today. I will have to make slaw, and I have all the ingredients. And two Compleat's dinners to feed me until I feel up to making the pasta.

Everyone have a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Well....call from Laura finally. She is not coming this week and I am not feeling well, but will try to get some more things done like mopping and running the vacuum.
    Disappointed.
    Virginia

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Here's some good news. I just took my monthly bath. You can take those clothes line clips off your noses.

AND I just went to the store again. I forgot Sam's dry food, and it was all out, and I know she does eat it, so off I went.

And when I got back, I finally pulled that driver's side window SHUT. I came up with the idea a few weeks ago, and am just trying it, and it worked!

Better slow than never!
    Last edited by Howie; 04-03-2019 at 12:15 PM.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Howie, good for you. You have been rather smart yourself today. See you do get things done.

By the way, my driver's side headlight lens has moisture inside it. The young man who came over and polished my headlights looked one up on the internet. He does not know anything about mechanics but was just trying to get the best deal for me. He told me who to call to have it installed. The part was $90.00. I called the people he recommended and they advised me not to get the one he found on the internet. They said it might not fit. The told me they could get one and replace it for $390.00.

They of course were talking about replacing the whole light which they said it would need. However, obviously I don't want to pay that much when I was not counting on it at all. Howie, any thoughts about what I should do. Could it be just the lens or are they right that the whole thing would need replacing and if I get one somewhere else that it might not fit?
    Virginia

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

I would think if the headlights were left on for a while, it would evaporate the moisture. Leave the engine on, and the lights on hi-beam. Do it during the daytime, and no one would even notice.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IVIG went well. I take two consecutive Ativan for it to prevent spasms. Lease me woozy but completely pain free. hat a blessing to have zero, zero pain for hours at a time. Still am pain free at home, Too bad the dizzy is part of the equation. Was able to do stuf at homewithout the w;c and thus not overwhelmed by al the stuff I tackled.

I got a try a surf day with it.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast