Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

I hope the new stockings help you, Virginia.

My mother is better today. She saw the nurse and PT yesterday. She stayed up late to watch the Adam Lambert and Queen special on ABC. Go Mom!

Today I saw my gyn. It was a routine appointment but I told her about what was going on w eating and my weight and asked that she look at me w a surgeon’s eye. She looked at the myriad of tests I have had and said that the really scary things had been ruled out. My abdominal exam was normal - no masses. No enlarged liver. Yeah. She suggested some products that marathoners use on race day to get calories and energy without much bulk. She reminded me to eat carbs.

After a few hours at home, I was back out to see an opthalmologist RE: that big something in my right eye. It turns out that it is old scaring, usually from trauma. I haven’t had any trauma but he said it could even be birth trauma. I will have a follow up picture of my eye taken in July but they are over 99 % sure that it is not a melanoma.

It’s been a long, good day. Thursday is a CT scan for follow-up of a tiny renal aneurysm that was found when I was in the hospital. I see the vascular surgeon an hour after that. I hope to be done with doctors for awhile.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I know certain meds can cause weight gain. I started a certain AD, and noticed a sudden weight gain. I stopped taking it, then told my doctor why, and that we needed to try another.

Right now, my weight is very stable. I don't want to gain, or lose. Look how well this thong fits!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Howie,
    I have been on Effexor on several occasions in the past and lost weight each time on it. It helped the depression better than the other meds I had been on but the Doc took me off it due to the extreme weight loss. Maybe ask about that med? I don't know. I know Prozac and Zoloft have both contributed to weight gain in me. Glad I am not needing an AD right now.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Cherie!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope the new stockings help you, Virginia.

My mother is better today. She saw the nurse and PT yesterday. She stayed up late to watch the Adam Lambert and Queen special on ABC. Go Mom!

Today I saw my gyn. It was a routine appointment but I told her about what was going on w eating and my weight and asked that she look at me w a surgeon’s eye. She looked at the myriad of tests I have had and said that the really scary things had been ruled out. My abdominal exam was normal - no masses. No enlarged liver. Yeah. She suggested some products that marathoners use on race day to get calories and energy without much bulk. She reminded me to eat carbs.

After a few hours at home, I was back out to see an opthalmologist RE: that big something in my right eye. It turns out that it is old scaring, usually from trauma. I haven’t had any trauma but he said it could even be birth trauma. I will have a follow up picture of my eye taken in July but they are over 99 % sure that it is not a melanoma.

It’s been a long, good day. Thursday is a CT scan for follow-up of a tiny renal aneurysm that was found when I was in the hospital. I see the vascular surgeon an hour after that. I hope to be done with doctors for awhile.

ANN
    Oh my goodness....don’t you wish we could all fly away and have a vacation where, even for a day, we are all well?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Yes, Linda, yes.

A vacation with llamas. :-)
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

….And we would take Jeanie and Cat with us!!!!
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

So so tired tonight. Discouraged with change of personality of D. Hoping for a better day tomorrow and in the new month.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

I'm very sorry that DH is experiencing personality issues, Cherie. Were they included in his latest study evaluation?

ANN, glad mom is doing well. I'm sorry gyno had no brilliant ideas for what might be ailing you. This must be how so many PwMS must feel prediagnosis when test results don't elucidate anything, yet they feel so sick and know something has gone seriously haywire.

Virginia, I sincerely hope those people weren't taking advantage of you and they express sincere apologies and will take back those compression socks. So glad nuthatch and Cherie weighed in, I've learned a lot from the discussion - thank you to all!

Virginia, did you find a replacement housecleaner?

Howie, are you like me and thinking going back to a desktop isn't that bad an idea? I can't say I'm happy with using my laptop, it just doesn't feel comfortable to me. I think I might try attaching a keyboard and external mouse to my laptop, see if that brings me more comfort.

I don't know what it is about the improvement in the weather, but I've lost my vigor for my exercise regime and barely hit 1,000 steps/day and not much else. It isn't hot out, so the weather change shouldn't be affecting me, I don't know what it is.

I need to hit the exercise thread to find my cheerleaders to spur me on again.

Sunshine, I have been taking more baclofen. No wonder you are trying to wean off your dose, if I take even 10 mg, I'm asleep for 3 hours. I'm really hoping you can find that balance for yourself. I will be watching you in my mind's eye enjoy your freedom while surfing in the days ahead!

Lazarus, you are always an inspiration to me!

Sending healing thoughts to both Jeanie and Cat, they are such an integral part of BT!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728