Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Well, here's my opinion. Just posting the news of Rose, or Cat, gets everyone's attention and comments just being on this post.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Thank You

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jim and I thank you all so much for your condolences, love, prayers and support.

I am posting updates on Jonathan's thread in Child Neurology. Jim is very ill right now, requiring a great deal of care. We are working through everything as best we can.

We love you all and keep you in our prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Jim and I thank you all so much for your condolences, love, prayers and support.

I am posting updates on Jonathan's thread in Child Neurology. Jim is very ill right now, requiring a great deal of care. We are working through everything as best we can.

We love you all and keep you in our prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose, thanks so much for updating us again and please continue to do so in your thread if/when you feel up to it. I still can't even imagine what must be going through your mind after seeing Jon receive CPR etc. That would emotionally scar me on so many levels.

I posted the link to Jon's thread earlier in the conversation but if anybody needs it again here it is http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...is-Wings-Today Please feel free to leave your thoughts and messages for Rose there so it doesn't get buried on Chit Chat if that is what you are all worried about.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

5. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I got a lovely message from Rose. As usual she has a clear and loving reaction to the situation.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

7. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IVIG alll day tomorrow. See you Thursday....

9. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, hope it goes well and gives you a lift.

Well......guess who was a no-show today. She called just a little while before she was to come. I know Laura has problems with her daughter, but I don't want to be taken advantage of. Just because she thinks she can get away with something and use this on and on is not a good excuse. It is hard to know what to do. If I knew she was really needed at home it would be one thing, but I don't want her using this. If she doesn't want to keep coming that is fine, but just tell me.

I dusted down stairs today, and while the refrigerator is about empty of food I took the meat and vegetable drawers out and washed them and did the shelves and the side door.

I washed two loads of clothes and I have to put clean linens on my bed.

Right now I am resting my legs.
    Virginia

11. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Virginia,, I don't think you need to put up with this kind of treatment,, tell her, you give her 30 days,or there is other people who needs a job,,

We have baby kittys,, Maggie May the mama, its her first litter, she is really a good mama,,

We split wood today,, I ran the controller,, we got more to split tomorrow,,its ok,, I sit on my scooter,, next to the control,, Joe watches out for me,,:-)

Also planted some garden,,pulling onions, cabbages,, radishes,, that's just the beginning,, we always say, we are cutting back,, but haven't done it yet,,;lol

later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

13. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooh, kittens! You're sending one to Howie, aren't you, Peg, when they're old enough?

Virginia, I agree that you shouldn't have to put up with this "helper" who is helping only when and if she feels like it. If she has too many other responsibilities, she might need to face up to that. Maybe discuss her priorities with her and see if you can work out a schedule with her so that she won't keep leaving you in the lurch. It sounds as if this has been tried and it didn't work, and you may have to give her her notice as Peg suggested.

Good helpers are out there. There are some in this building who've been working for their clients for 15 years. I hope you can find one like that.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

15. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Peg, I always envy your garden. Every year I read about yours and Linda's and get so hungry. I love fresh vegetables.

Agate, I am going to have a talk with Laura and just tell her if she feels she cannot be dependable (except in an emergency) then I need to get someone else. This is too much for me. I understand about her daughter being her priority. She should be, however her daughter is reportedly doing well and is going to school.

Howie, where are you?
    Virginia

17. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Ooooh no!!! Sam is my last kitty. I have had cats all my life, and I loved them all. But I don't want a cat that will outlive me. That's not fair to the cat. I wouldn't "rest in peace" knowing someone else had to take care of a cat I had owned. So no thanks!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

19. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast