Thread: Plasmapharesis etc and MS

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default Plasmapharesis etc and MS

Nice to see that Multiple Sclerosis,Stiff Person Syndrome (and other autoimmune disorders) are mentioned as one of the targets of this therapy—- it means, at least to me, that researchers are keeping it in mind—-

BTW—-never ignore info coming from business pages. This is how I learned , 14 years ago , that one of the injectible treatments for MS was given to patients like me (who kept it in their own fridges to self inject weekly)—that there were batches of the drug that were faulty—the pharma company told FDA it wouldn’t harm anyone. Of course, it harmed my heart and lungs. .. this is also how I learned that FDA depends upon the honesty of the pharmas in many instances, such as mine...it was an interesting, to say the least, go around between me, the pharma RN, the Pharma corporattion, an FDA representative, Mayo Clinic, tracking down what had happened.

http://www.thebusinessinvestment.com...ing-2018-2028/

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice to see that Multiple Sclerosis,Stiff Person Syndrome (and other autoimmune disorders) are mentioned as one of the targets of this therapy—- it means, at least to me, that researchers are keeping it in mind—-

BTW—-never ignore info coming from business pages. This is how I learned , 14 years ago , that one of the injectible treatments for MS was given to patients like me (who kept it in their own fridges to self inject weekly)—that there were batches of the drug that were faulty—the pharma company told FDA it wouldn’t harm anyone. Of course, it harmed my heart and lungs. .. this is also how I learned that FDA depends upon the honesty of the pharmas in many instances, such as mine...it was an interesting, to say the least, go around between me, the pharma RN, the Pharma corporattion, an FDA representative, Mayo Clinic, tracking down what had happened.

http://www.thebusinessinvestment.com...ing-2018-2028/
    My iPad could not open the page. Plasmaphresis was something my neuro and I considered years ago, I remember.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I couldn't get to the link either.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"