Thread: I copied a post from Richard cohenís ms blog."......notice he too is now on rituxan

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default I copied a post from Richard cohenís ms blog."......notice he too is now on rituxan

Hope again
    What is out there that should give us hope? MS long has been an illness without hope. We may be members of the same club as those living with most neurological conditions. And what about those fighting other diseases? About 33 million of us have at least one chronic condition. We are not alone in our pain and frustration. Hope can be a commodity in short supply everywhere.

Letís stick with MS. Iím about to have an infusion of Rituximab. I should say, another infusion of Rituximab. Iím told that may slow the progression of the disease process. And it may not. What the hell. I do it. Why wouldnít I? We take what we can get, and our options are limited. The notion that the drug or any other builds hope to me is magical thinking.

A friend sent me a small rock with the word HOPE carved into it. It was a thoughtful gift. I stared at it for a few minutes. It was noteworthy that she sent a rock. That is exactly what we have to become. Stone is durable and strong. That rock was not a message that something great is coming. No suggestion that the Calvary is on the way. I think the meaning is simple.

Be strong. Tough. I am my own hope. Over the years, I have become a survivor. Havenít all of us? I have no illusions of anyone discovering a cure in time to change my life. Even a drug to stop MS in its tracks seems distant. My life is what it is. Our children probably will fare better, should they have to travel the same road.

I simply hope to keep going. I hope I can live gracefully with lifeís harsh challenges. I want to keep riding the wave, treacherous though it is. For us, lifeís victories are small. I understand that. I want to continue the fight and stay upright, literally and metaphorically, as I move forward. I transfer the idea of hope away from myself and to my grown children. They are whom I care about most. I will take care of myself.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's really thoughtful --and may be just what is needed here, now that the MS forum's boundaries are more fluid and people from other forums dealing with other neurological disorders are happening in to see what we have to say and adding their own thoughts--and we're venturing onto other forums now and then as well. As he says,

We may be members of the same club as those living with most neurological conditions. And what about those fighting other diseases? About 33 million of us have at least one chronic condition. We are not alone in our pain and frustration.

And he talks about riding a wave. Our Sunshine could write a book about that!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Richard Cohen is a good writer. I have enjoyed what he has had to say about is MS journey through the years.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Thanks, Linda!

He is making a very honest appraisal of the situation.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"