Thread: For Donna: Nick's Update

Threaded View

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default For Donna: Nick's Update

((((((Donna, Jim, Nick & Natalie)))))) ~

I've copied and pasted your post from Jon's thread about Nick's hospitalization, so that you have a place to share updates.

We have been at the hospital (well, we ARE at the hospital) with Nick. He had a pain and fever crisis two nights ago and turns out that his bile duct was blocked with sludge causing an infection leading to sepsis. They called a code yesterday morning, but luckily they managed to stabilize him and in the evening scoped out the sludge allowing the infection to drain into his gut. His gall bladder is till infected though and they'll operate to remove it either tomorrow or Sunday. They removed the breathing tube this morning and stopped the sedation. He's not tolerating feeds yet, but hopefully that will come with a bit of rest and after the gall bladder is removed. Today we got a little smile. Step by step, a modus operandi that I learned from you. Oh, and we have a terrific Mama intensivist in the ICU who said she treats Nick 'like one of her own' - she's great. Sending love and so glad that Jon is better! I know Nick will be better soon too xoxo Donna
    My heart is one with yours.

Sepsis, calling a code, intubation, procedures, surgery ... I'm right there with you, holding your hand, praying with you, hugging you, loving you all.

How many antibiotics is Nick on now? Jon and Michael had so many at one time, and I had to check all of them for interactions with their seizure meds. If you want to email me a list of Nick's antibiotics and seizure meds, I will gladly research them for you. Or anything else that you need and haven't the energy to do.

A Mama Intensivist is wonderful. We give thanks for her compassion and care for Nick and for comforting and reassuring you and Jim.

Please let us know when Nick's surgery is scheduled so that we can focus our prayers that day and time.

I'll be lighting candles in Michael's room this evening for Nick and you, and I'll ask Michael to watch over you, although I know that he is already there beside you.

We surround you with love from around the globe Our prayers and positive, healing energy are flowing toward you.

The Unity Prayer

The Light of God surrounds us.
    The Love of God enfolds us.
    The Power of God protects us.
    The Presence of God watches over us.
    Wherever we are, God is!

WE LOVE YOU!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following user says "thanks"