Thread: Reminder about MS Foundation computer program

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Reminder about MS Foundation computer program

I got a replacement for my failing Win XP computer through this program a couple of years ago--a desktop PC new and free to me after I filled out an application and got a doctor's signature on a form. I'm wondering if this could help Howie with his computer issue? I'm fairly sure he'd be eligible. And there's a choice of a laptop or desktop.

https://msfocus.org/Get-Help/MSF-Pro...mputer-Program

I haven't talked to him since the one time I called. Has anyone heard from him?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I wish I knew how to call him, but are we even sure he wants to be called anymore? Having not heard anything from him I just don't know. Agate, what do you think would be the right thing to do about calling his Sister to make sure he is alright? Is it possible he is just taking a break?

It concerns me because he had always said this board was his only social contact, and of course his Friday night calls with his brother.
    Virginia

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know either, Virginia. I'm pretty sure he has my phone number and the numbers for a couple of other people here.

I had hopes that he'd be here by now. It's possible that something has come along that is occupying his time--maybe some new friends, maybe a health problem that he doesn't want to discuss here? I'm concerned that if I call again, it would be an intrusion--but there are others here who might feel more comfortable about calling.

He nay have hit some kind of a snag in the computer repair process. I believe he was depending on a nephew to take it to a shop and return it.

Maybe I could write him a note, and then he wouldn't be put on the spot. He could reply or not.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, if you could do that I for one would certainly appreciate it. That would not be an intrusion. He gave me his phone number, but it was many years ago and I feel sure it has changed. Also, he gave it to me in connection with some exercise equipment he had and not necessarily as a contact number.
    Virginia

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"