Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2019: Keep on moving

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default March 2019: Keep on moving

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I walked six blocks today and am standing (still) making vegetable soup.

Did you get in the pool today, Sunshine?

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hope you got to swim today, Sunshine!

I ironed a few things (no starch), took a nap, and tackled the vacuuming. Somehow that is easier if I move all of the things I need to move out of the way first instead of moving them as I go along.

The trick with something like vacuuming, for me, is to keep my back from going out. It's developed a weird pain that comes on suddenly if I happen to be in some positions. When my back goes out, I have to rest until the pain goes away. I avoided any big problems with my back while vacuuming this time and feel very happy about being able to get it done without needing to deal with my back.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Yes indeed. My friend pulled off the cover and I swam almost 20 minutes: got out a few minutes early so as to not miss my MMJ dose. It felt good to be back in the pool. Its been such a hot winter, that swimming is not a chore, as its not freezing when you get out.

Hoping to swim today as well.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

DH took off the cover today for me, and I swam 20 minutes 603 yards, with no spasms. It felt good. Its getting so hard to walk now. ...

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I think you are doing great with keeping up with your swimming and other activities.

Ann, you are amazing! Walking six blocks and then cooking!!

Agate, you are certainly doing your share with the vacuum cleaner and ironing. My ironing is still waiting on me.

Yesterday was one of the worse weather days I have seen in a long time. It was raining cats and dogs almost all day, just a very cold drenching rain. Guess who had an appointment and errands? I left home and went to pharmacy where I have to walk in to get my prescriptions, then I went to get nails done, then I went to bank and I had to go in because I needed to take care of some business, then I went to grocery store.

I don't know when I have been so cold. I didn't wear any gloves because of getting my nails done. My legs were stiff and walking was very difficult. My fingers were so cold they hurt really bad. When I got home I had to keep them in hot water for a long time. Not a good day, other than the fact that I stopped by P.O. and mailed my Federal and State taxes off.

I had been getting all my stuff together to do taxes for several weeks. Finally, I couldn't stand the look of my desk anymore so I started early Thursday morning and accept for a lunch break and a dinner break I worked at my desk and got taxes finalized and ready to go. I still have a desk full of stuff to take care of.
    Last edited by Virginia; 03-02-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Good job, Virginia!

A lot of moving around, and a lot off your plate now, too!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Virginia, congratulations on your day, especially getting the taxes mailed.

I went with Peter to MIL’s. We went to CVS, Brueger’s Bagels for sandwiches and soup, Trader Joe’s and a Stop and Shop with a branch of our bank in it.

I have finished putting everything away and am on the couch w a heating pad on my back, Virginia. Peter took his mother to Wholefoods and home.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Ann, hope you don't have back problems! I know the heating pad certainly felt good to my back when it was hurting - that is when I got up the nerve to use it.

You are doing quite a lot of walking for the past couple of days. I am glad you are able to do this.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I’m like Rose, I use the heating pad almost every day in the winter months.

ANN

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast