Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Do you have to squeak so loud, you woke Sam up!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hens cluck but don't squeak. Sorry I disturbed Sam's nap. Naps are important.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cat, I know Jeanie is still in rehab, but what I meant is that Andy would probably be going by her house a lot to take care of things such as mail, the yard and any bills that come in, etc. So I just thought that while he was there maybe he could come on here and kind of keep us informed.

Ann, great u-tube video. So glad to hear you are doing better with diet and eating. I know not perfect, but so much better. Glad you are enjoying your trip to your Mom's. It is nice that you got to go to your favorite store the Tractor Store. We have an Aldi's here, but I have not been in there.
    Virginia

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

I have had to fight, beg, plead, write letters to and call elected officials/legislators, organize parents of special needs kids to do the same, served on boards for persons with developmental disabilities, published Op Eds and letters to editors in major newspapers, appeared on regional TV news casts, testified before administrative law judges, threatened law suits, actively participated in advocating for the ADA, IDEA, the Olmstead Law, etc. for nearly 50 years.

The System has tried to force me to place my children in an out of home facility, denied them medical care, supplies, even sustenance (as in, Jon's formula for G tube feeding), and access to a multitude of opportunities available to able-bodied people. We have experienced blatant discrimination in such places as Disneyland, Universal Ampitheater, The Mirage in Las Vegas, The Excalibur in Las Vegas, local restaurants, concert venues, theaters, and other public places.

Every time I fought for my sons, I fought for their peers, and every other disenfranchised person in our society.

This is the only way that change can occur. We must speak up for ourselves and for those, who have no voice.

We cannot and should not tolerate discrimination of any kind.

Failure to provide access to those who need it is a violation of the ADA. It's illegal.

It also devalues anyone, who isn't able bodied. It's makes that person "less than."

That attitude then pervades our System, and we find it more difficult to obtain the services we need, because we are considered "less than" by society and all of the corporations, who could easily afford adhering to Federal Law.

This is my explanation of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," and why I am passionate about advocating.

We have rights. Let no one trample on them.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cat, I know Jeanie is still in rehab, but what I meant is that Andy would probably be going by her house a lot to take care of things such as mail, the yard and any bills that come in, etc. So I just thought that while he was there maybe he could come on here and kind of keep us informed.

Ann, great u-tube video. So glad to hear you are doing better with diet and eating. I know not perfect, but so much better. Glad you are enjoying your trip to your Mom's. It is nice that you got to go to your favorite store the Tractor Store. We have an Aldi's here, but I have not been in there.
    Virginia, I'm sure we'd all be glad to have more news of Jeanie. Maybe she'll see your suggestion and make it possible for Andy to post here. I believe she is sometimes able to read some threads. With an iPad she should be able to see the whole board and post but there are iPads, and then there are iPads. The one she's using may present some difficulties for her.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617