Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Cat,, so sorry for your loss of Tuffy,, its never easy and hearts never heal completely,, they are family

and going to a nursing home,, that's a tough pill to swallow,,I hope when and if, you find a good one,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Well, as all of you can see I am still on line as of almost 3:30 today. Will see what happens next. I don't want anymore real loud screeches.

I had to reprogram a remote that came from the cable company today. I had one button - fast forward, which I use an awful lot, so as not to have to watch commercials and it would not work. I called them day before yesterday and they sent a new one by Fedex. I did not sleep last night and I think my brain is just having a hard time today. I read and reread the instructions. They are so simple. You need to turn your TV on manually and I kept doing it with my old remote. Oh well, worse things could happen. I wasted a lot of the day, but I do not feel like doing anything anyway.

I was dizzy this morning. I have noticed that I am having some dizziness, especially in the mornings. But this morning was worse. Hope it is just allergies and that it clears up.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cat, I am sorry you need to look for a nursing home. I hope you find one that is a good fit. I am sorry about your Tuffy. It’s a heartbreak to lose a cat.

Cherie, sorry to hear this about David. Glad you had a good program.

Sunshine, I hope this new medicine helps you.

Love you all. Missing Howie, Jeanie, Jendie.

ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-15-2019 at 05:52 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Thanks all. The program was good and there was a positive response to what Dave had to share. It 's just that he cannot seem to get it off the paper and into conversation and the placement of the mic is not helpful either. We have 4 weeks to work on it before the cruise in April where he will again be helping in the presentation. We are working on it.

Tomorrow morning we are heading across the bridge to talk to the same guy that sold me my new car. He has 4 2018 RAV4s left and that is the size vehicle Dave seems to need for both business and taking care of our rental properties. His 2013 Ford Escape just rolled over to 90, 000 miles and he feels this is the time to get an new car and sell the old one. On our trip to Long Island, he became enamored of the navigation system of my car which is also on the make and model he is wanting to buy. I'll keep you posted.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I have to believe Howie will be back and yacking in his usual format soon. Rooting for Jeanie as she rehabs from broken leg.
    I am in recovery mode from this weeks trip to Long Island for the MS Foundation. David was so busy with phone calls and trouble shooting on properties that I drove the 4 hours each way as he did business on the phone. It was good and what was needed and I am more than tired

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

we had ice and rain, take out the small town of Kalo,, we have a farm at the end of Kalo, so its a mess,, ice the size of a house in our hayfield,, fences down,,water up to the houses and basements, 4 ft water or more,, we live on top of the hill so only the other farm was involved,,,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This shouldn't be happening to you, Peg. Enough, enough! Stop the winter weather machines! Is there a button somebody isn't pressing?

If it isn't one thing, it's another, but gee whiz.😠
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Holy smokes Pegó that sounds horrible, is the Calvary coming? It sounds like a winter version of a hurricane, which I guess it truly isó but worse as its sooooo cold out....Surprised you still have internet.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Peg, what is it you guys are doing in your part of Iowa that rains down ice?? I saw some campaigning going on in Iowa. It must have been in a different part of the State. Sure glad the ice was not anywhere on your house. It's bad enough being in the hayfield.

Like Sunshine, I am surprised, but glad you have electricity and internet.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Peg, yikes!

(((Cat))) I'm so sorry for the loss of Tuffy. Also sorry that you are deciding it's time to think about a nursing home. Is there a social worker that the two of you can speak to, see if that is indeed the best option, or if there are other ideas that you might not have considered yet?

(((Jeanie)))

Howie - welcome back! How about the free computer stuff that agate sent you?

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast