Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT March Chit Chat

Hello,, March is coming in like a lion, below zero temps, snow, high winds,,where is spring ? lol

ventured into town to get a perm this morning,,roads are a total mess ,, drifts every where,,

we are hosting a card party Saturday night,, its been canceled,, the last 2 Saturdays, so we shall see if this one is canceled,,menu is vegetable venison soup, pumpkin bars, and they bring whatever,,,, its just family,,

better go,,later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

overcast and 38 degrees here on the southern RI coastline. We still have white ground cover from The overnight light snowfall of two days ago.

I have my programs written for Lexington, KY on the 5th and Melville, NY on the 12th of this month. Next Rituxan infusions were set up this morning for the 7th and the 21st. I truly feel like I am "down a quart" with MS symptoms beginning to be more noticeable , especially fatigue and balance. My neuro says he hears that more and more from people but the "B Cell Therapies" like Rituxan, Ocrevus and Lemtrada are showing a consistent slowing of progression in older patients and a lessening of activity in those newly diagnosed.

Still have all of the figures to organize for David's business for taxes on the 22nd but other than that component, I am ready for the accountant. In general, life is good!

Be well everyone.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, I'll be hoping that the weather will stay good enough for the card party. There was something called spring that I've heard about but I'm no longer sure what it is.樂

The service I use for grocery shopping and delivery works only on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The groceries got delivered yesterday though the Wednesday people were out of luck because of the snow. Often in the past Thursdays have been bad-weather days but this time the Wednesday people got hit. They're out of luck till next Wednesday, and they can hope that the weather will be OK then.

The woman who delivers told me she'd seen bunches of crocuses popping up.

That sounds like spring to me, and then there are all the robins I've been seeing.

Cherie, it's not so long until the 7th--does getting the Rituxan infusion mean that you'll probably feel better pretty quickly after it, or does it take a while to take effect?
    Last edited by agate; 03-01-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It takes a few weeks and is very gradual till one day I realize I have more clarity and energy.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

We all are having some big issues, medically or otherwise, right?

Laz, re your MS “hug”, which are muscle spasms of course, you were Rxd Valium. (See your post in Feb Keep Moving thread— I didn’t respond there so that the Feb thread would fade out, it being March now)

Anyway, My neuro Rxd Ativan aka Lorazepam, also a benzodiazepine and it works in 50 minutes. I also have a rectal gel of Valium which works in 10 minutes for the times I cannot do the oral Ativan. Its for severe muscle spasms from SPS, but its the same difference as for MS I would guess....

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Also, wish I could do Rituxan as it sometimes also helps SPS when IVIG stops working. ...but the immunologist nixed it since it fools around with the B cells and my CVID would contraindicated it, according to the immunologist. Same with Ocrevus, which is the same as Rituxan, pretty much.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all are having some big issues, medically or otherwise, right?

Laz, re your MS “hug”, which are muscle spasms of course, you were Rxd Valium. (See your post in Feb Keep Moving thread— I didn’t respond there so that the Feb thread would fade out, it being March now)

Anyway, My neuro Rxd Ativan aka Lorazepam, also a benzodiazepine and it works in 50 minutes. I also have a rectal gel of Valium which works in 10 minutes for the times I cannot do the oral Ativan. Its for severe muscle spasms from SPS, but its the same difference as for MS I would guess....
    Thanks for the great information. I actually asked for the Valium as I am familiar with its use for muscle spasms and know how my body responds. So I figured that if it works for severe farm muscle spasms it would help this hug thing! When I have a prescription for 10 pills it will take me several years to use them all. I don’t seem to get addicted to anything.

Some people’s bodies do react with cravings for certain drugs. I am lucky that way. When the spasm stops I do not desire more pills. I wonder how many people who take drugs that have a risk of addiction actually get addicted. That would be interesting. I mean what percentage of people who use opioids or cocaine or something like that become unable to stop using? And what percentage don’t ? Just babbling...
    Last edited by Lazarus; 03-02-2019 at 03:52 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I have used both valium and Ativan for spasms and find valium to be much more effective and faster working than ativan. That said, there is a growing list of evidence showing that long term use of benzodiazepines in persons over the age of 60 seems to be a leading factor in cognitive decline. That is one of the main reasons that I have worked so hard for the past few years to lower my dosage of these meds. They work well and provide relief but at 66 with word retrieval issues and some gaps here and there in short term memory, I see the writing on the wall. As with everything, use with caution.

Linda,
    I think addiction sometimes has as much to do with personality as it does with use. I took A LOT of codeine to deal with Migraines while I was in my 20s and 30s and never became addicted. In fact, the only time I was tempted to take it is when something else had not worked and I was building into a disabling headache. After my cervical fusion, I was on 4x the regular dose of oxycontin for over a month and did not become addicted. It has been things like neurontin (gabapentin) or antidepressants or benzodiazepines that that seem to grab me and not want to let go and weaning off is HARD but doable.

Snowing here..heavy and wet and sitting right at the freezing mark. About 2" of new snow already this morning. It is not looking like a big or impactful storm.
    Last edited by Cherie; 03-02-2019 at 06:47 AM.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, still trying to party in weather like you are having. I hope this week it is not called off.

Agate, I did not realize that you were having so much snow that the groceries could not be delivered. I knew you were a while ago, but I thought that it was pretty much over with for you.

Sunshine, that is the same reason they will not let me have Ocrevus, because of the fact that it depletes B cells. I wish I could take that or Rituxan.

Cherie, maybe that is what is wrong with my cognitive ability lately. I have been on benzodiazepines for years. I have really been struggling. I keep loosing things and it is driving me nuts. I have misplaced my drug insurance card and I had it laying on my desk for several days during the time I was working at the desk. I thought I could put my hands right on it, but can not find it anywhere. I have called to have another one sent to me.

I am having trouble getting my Rebif renewed. I have funding left for several more months, but the Doctor's office did not respond to them when they called to get this year's prior authorization. So now it is in appeals and I have to try and get the Doctor to take care of it. I can't talk to him, so I am not sure how this is going to work, but it is making me very nervous. I always get nervous when things are not going right with Rebif.

I was out in very rainy and cold weather yesterday and feel that I may be coming down with a cold. I do not have anything to take other than tylenol.

I hope I do not get sick again. It seems I have been sick so much lately, which is one of the reasons my desk was in such a mess. I had not felt like taking care of very much.
    Virginia

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

it was called off once again,artic air moved in,,and will be here for a few days,,wind chill,, 25 below,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast