Thread: Kathleen's Night To Shine!

Distinguished Community Member

Default Kathleen's Night To Shine!

Kathleen attended the Tim Tebow Night To Shine Prom. It was an amazing night. Red Carpet, Dancing, dinner, Corsage, Limo Ride, pictures, and everyone is crowned King and Queen of the prom at the end of the night. Such a magical night Thanks to Tim Tebow. Here's some pictures....

IMG_20190208_1809203_rewind.jpgIMG_20190208_2013330_rewind.jpgIMG_20190208_1815206_rewind.jpgIMG_20190208_2044499_rewind.jpgIMG_20190208_2030144_rewind.jpg51706749_10157102272099828_5564565444083318784_o.jpg

Mary Grace
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Kathleen is pure joy! Her smile is as bright as the lights above her. She looks so pretty in her black gown. I see you, proud Mom, in the background watching Kathleen walk the red carpet.

What a wonderful event! I remember last year's prom and how happy Kathleen was to be there.

Thank you for sharing these photos!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Kathleen looks very pretty in her dress. It looks like everyone had a great time.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Kathleen certainly knows how to dance like a queen! I adore those pictures! I don't get why people rant against "Night To Shine" when it obviously gives young disabled women like Kathleen and and young disabled men such a wonderful feeling of being treated like royalty!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Thank you everyone! Kathleen LOVES a party of any kind. LOVES music of all kinds. Music has always been her therapy, it pushes her through difficult things and through pain. Her song request was Don't Stop Believing by Journey! Boy did she light up when they played that! Last year she was in a short leg cast so it did put a little damper on her dancing but this year she danced all night. Of course she developed an instant crush on the young fellow dancing with her.
    Funnylegs, I've never heard anything negative about this event. I'm sad to hear that there would BE anything negative. I see nothing wrong with creating an event to celebrate all abilities and to be treated like a king and queen for a night! If it were not for this event Kathleen would not have this opportunity every year.I've never seen so much joy in one room. All of the volunteers are fabulous and genuinely seem to enjoy the evening as well. From what I see about Tim Tebow he does this event totally from the heart and from believing that everyone no matter what their abilities is a gift from god.
    Mary Grace

9. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you everyone! Kathleen LOVES a party of any kind. LOVES music of all kinds. Music has always been her therapy, it pushes her through difficult things and through pain. Her song request was Don't Stop Believing by Journey! Boy did she light up when they played that! Last year she was in a short leg cast so it did put a little damper on her dancing but this year she danced all night. Of course she developed an instant crush on the young fellow dancing with her.
    Funnylegs, I've never heard anything negative about this event. I'm sad to hear that there would BE anything negative. I see nothing wrong with creating an event to celebrate all abilities and to be treated like a king and queen for a night! If it were not for this event Kathleen would not have this opportunity every year.I've never seen so much joy in one room. All of the volunteers are fabulous and genuinely seem to enjoy the evening as well. From what I see about Tim Tebow he does this event totally from the heart and from believing that everyone no matter what their abilities is a gift from god.
    Mary Grace
    You're very welcome! Glad she got to dance more! My thoughts exactly! I'v seen a few "disability rights" radicals on the internet say "Night To Shine" is patronizing, is a form of "Inspiration P#rn " and that it should end because disabled kids should be going to proms for able bodied students the same age. While I'm all for accessibility and inclusion for disabled students to be with able bodied students I see nothing wrong with giving disabled students who are unable to attend an inclusive prom for health reasons like hospital stays and sensory overload, or other reasons, a special night all to themselves where they can be with their disabled community who understands them, and I have only seen the disabled people at "Night To Shine" be treated with the utmost respect so I wish people like those radicals would stop being such awful killjoys. Music is very healing and all around wonderful!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Funnylegs, That's exactly it "killjoy". I don't like seeing "inspiration ****", and having participated in this event 2 years in a row it is not that at all. I know it's done with all good intentions and from the heart. Kathleen attended her senior prom with a date when she was in high school but this is something any individual at any age can attend. It's called a prom but it's just a joyful event celebrating all abilities.
    Mary Grace