No announcement yet.

February 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you find some answers tomorrow, ANN!

Hoping for the best for your brother too, Peg!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Swam 20 minutes today, 603 yds. Resting...

ANN, Good luck. Hoping for answers.

Peg, so sorry to hear about your brother.

Comment

Today I swam 603 yards in 20 minutes. Then, was on my feet ALOT today at the house. Nice change for sure.

Comment

I did a load of laundry then empty-the -dishwasher-yoga.

ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I walked in the parking lot long enough to check on how the snow was doing. There hasn't been much of it yet but it's going through spells of melting and refreezing that make life more adventurous than some people like.

There may not be a grocery delivery on Thursday through the service I've been using. I've been trying to find out what Instacart does if roads are icy but their reply was a canned response that didn't deal with the question I had asked at all.

I might need to use Instacart if the grocery order can't get here on Thursday. The service is set up so that if driving is too risky on your delivery day, you've missed your grocery delivery for that week. Better luck on the following Thursday--except that one year it was icy on 3 consecutive Thursdays.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Well, Agate I guess you are adventurous since you went for a walk in the parking lot.

I expect Instacart leaves it up to the individual store that you might order from and who they have to deliver to you.

By the way it is in the 70s here yesterday and today. Suppose to be close to 80 tomorrow. A little too much global warming for me at this time of year.
              Virginia

Comment

Virginia, you can open the windows tomorrow!

ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Instacart delivers every day of the week. Their shoppers are independent contractors, who work zones, and are not connected to the stores where they shop. I don't know what the protocol is for icy roads or inclement weather. (Don't have to worry about that in California.) But, I would guess that Instacart would notify you via the app or online or text that the road conditions were too dangerous for deliveries.

You can always communicate with your assigned shopper and ask how the roads are and whether the person feels safe on the road.

Love & Light,

Rose
                  Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Ann, maybe tomorrow!
                    Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
                      ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Instacart delivers every day of the week. Their shoppers are independent contractors, who work zones, and are not connected to the stores where they shop. I don't know what the protocol is for icy roads or inclement weather. (Don't have to worry about that in California.) But, I would guess that Instacart would notify you via the app or online or text that the road conditions were too dangerous for deliveries.

You can always communicate with your assigned shopper and ask how the roads are and whether the person feels safe on the road.

Love & Light,

Rose
                      Thank you, Rose! I wish Instacart could have answered my question so clearly and concisely but what I got from them didn't seem to address my question. They did ask me later what I thought of their reply, and I let them know that I didn't think it was adequate.

I'd love to see Instacart work well, and it has worked well so far for me.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I have wondered for a long time how much of my physical mobility limitations resulted from MS deterioration, or instead from lack of use caused by restricted mobility, but not directed related to it.

I think I've discovered over the past few months of increased forced conscious activity that a lot was from simple disuse and not directly from nerve damage.

Yes, I still have physical problems, I still start limping, sometimes right away.

But, I've noticed now that I am no longer conscious of difficulties walking immediately when I'm out , and I can carry heavier groceries without it bothering me, and can walk a lot farther around the store without paying attention to a nearing limit that I have to be aware of as it looms.

I am definitely physically stronger now and it's paying off in terms of how far I can comfortably walk and how strong I am. I also have seen my leg pain markedly reduced.

What a benefit to see the results and know I'm on the right track and have greater potential, and that some of my limits WERE from disuse and not MS directly, and how great to have reversed that!

It's true, very important to exercise in MS!
                        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Suze-Q, I am so glad you are getting such good results from your efforts. Yes, it does seem that you have reversed a lot of your limitations, and I am really happy for you. I hope you just keep on.
                          Virginia

Comment

Thanks, Virginia.

I think it helped starting off really slow by just taking the long way around my house to boil the water for my tea, then slowly increasing the distance, then adding other exercises in, too. Nothing major, just increasing the distance as I adjusted. A lot of muscle soreness as I pushed further, but I will slow it down to be gentler on this aging body. Definitely the pain in my legs is much less the more I move, must have been largely from inactivity.

It helped too doing it in frequent increments and not all at once too. Yet still, it's built up my endurance for longer grocery store wanderings by building my strength.

Feels good! I feel comfortable that by spring, I will be able to go the the pool for water exercises, that I'll be strong enough. That was my goal.

Today was the first time in a long time that as I was heading out the door to pick up groceries, including a lot of heavy and unwieldy toilet paper, I stopped to mentally check: "do I need my AFO to do a quick grocery run?", and the answer was no, and I was okay without it.

Comment

Yesterday I swam 20 minutes, about 603 yards.

I do think my SPS is continuing to spiral down. I can feel it. It’s creeping up my legs a bit. And less time walking, more time lying down and wheeling R2D2.

Anxiety starting to creep into my life. 12 surf buddies coming for lunch today. The are brining everything. Good crew for sure! Hope I can tolerate the visit and enjoy it.

Comment

Step counts:

2/4/19 - 1,204 steps
                                2/5/19 - 1,285 "
                                2/6/19 - 1,404 "
                                2/7/19 - 901 "
                                2/8/19 - 1,357 "
                                2/9/19 - 1,192 "
                                2/10/19 -1,171 "

Comment

Working...
                                X