February 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

Today I swam 20 minutes, 603 yards. With nausea, dizziness, etc. It made it no worse, so....

Comment

Today I went to bank (just drive through), then to Costco where I had to walk, then to Harris Teeter, more walking, then to Fresh Market, more walking, then to K-Mart, more walking, then I stopped and got a hamburger to bring home (went in to get it), then I remembered that there were some things I just had to have from Walgreens so I went there, more walking. I came home and it took 3 trips to get everything in the house, more walking down the sidewalk.

I also took out the trash after I ate. I am tired, but glad it is done.

Walking was hard today. I was wobbly and off from where I have been.
      Virginia

Comment

Virginia, that's a LOT of walking!
        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Virginia, you showed real ambition for sure. Be careful, don’t push it to the point of falling :) Great job though...

Swam 20min today, 613 yards. Still dizzy and nauseaous, before, during and after. PCP appt Tuesday for that.

Comment

I wake up with sore muscles, so I know I'm doing some good, I've given myself permission to do less every other day, or take a day off if I want.

Walking:

Monday: 1,700
            Tuesday: 1,650
            Wednesday: 1,750
            Thursday: 2,100
            Friday: 2,250

Also doing all the other stuff. Agate, too unstable when walking backwards, so I stopped that...not worth a possible fall.

Good work, Sunshine & Virginia!
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Wonderful Sunshine. I was concerned when you had nausea.

SuzeQ, that is a tremendous amount of steps you are taking, plus everything else you do. Great!

Today, I paid for yesterday. I was so tired this morning I didn't really want to get up. I read all day.
              Virginia

Comment

Today I shopped at a big, crowded Whole Foods and a Trader Joe’s. At Trader Joe’s, we had to park 2 blocks away from the store. Super Bowl Fever is intense here. Worse than the shopping before a nor’easter. Lots of walking. Also stairs here and at MIL’s.

Sunshine, I hope the dizziness and nausea stops. Any chance it’s from your meds?
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

You guys are just killing it :) NIce work Suze.
                  ANN: do you have a handicap placard, or were those spots full? This is the reason I go to grocery store at 7 am opening time, to get a close handicap spot and motorized cart (and to avoid flu)

Virginia, its okay to pay for it. Its an indicator that you should try to throttle back about 10% each day until you find the sweet spot of activity.

Comment

Sunshine, I no longer drive due to myoclonus. We don’t have a placard but everything was full anyway.

It was good to walk two blocks.

ANN

Comment

My stepcount average for January was only 755, down from 1,122 in December.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, that is fine, you were busy making hats for people who are cold. You are doing good.

Ann, two blocks and then walking in the store and walking back the two blocks is really a lot - not to mention the second store and the stairs at your place. I suspect that those stairs are helping to keep your legs strong.
                        Virginia

Comment

Being active feels good but burns calories I don’t have thus I lost another pound. 5’7 and 130 pounds today.

Ultrasound tomorrow morning.

ANN
                          Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-03-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hi,, checking in,,Ann,, good luck tomorrow, on your ultra sound,, Sunshine , maybe a touch of the flu ? good grief it gets around,,

worried about my brother in AZ, he has cancer of the bladder, and now going in for a bone marrow test, Thursday,, all I can think of is leukemia,,,,hope I am wrong

I am still doing my excercises,, haven't changed anything, but ready to increase my reps,,

later,,
                            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Peg, you are a wonder. You just keep doing and doing. I do hope you are wrong about your brother's diagnosis. I am hoping for the very best for him. I know it is scary.

Ann, you are skinny. I hope you soon get some answers that will help you.
                              Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X