No announcement yet.

February 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agate, I am skeptical of an on-line PT for hire that can’t see and correct your form or evaluate strength and endurance. I think if someone needed to go that route they could watch professionals on YouTube. Best to have your own PT.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I have not done much for exercise this week. I did walk around Wholefoods last night and get in and out of the tub tonight. I also had to wipe water of the floor two days in a row after the cat (Tuxedo Jack, I think) knocked the vase of tulips over twice! That surely counts.

ANN

Comment

Did you give Tuxedo Jack a good talking to? He shouldn't do things like that.

Yes, that definitely counts and the walking around in Wholefoods surely does.
        Virginia

Comment

Tomorrow I get to swim again.

Comment

Saw my neuro today and asked for 5 weeks of PT. I have been so restricted from moving with this miserable winter that I am rigidand lazy about doing what I should.

The PT place is right around the corner. Barely a 5 minutes drive. I thought I needed the push to get moving and out of the house. My neuro thought it was a great idea.

I also asked if she thought Valium would help at night when I am getting the thing I call the HUG. These painful hugs last 2-3 hours and resemble the pain people describe as heart attack pain. So when I am having a really bad time with one I will take a 5 mg Valium.

It was a good neuro meeting."....I left feeling positive.
            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Step count for me:

2/18 - 1257 steps
              2/19 - 1256 "
              2/20 - 860 "
              2/21 - pedometer not functioning
              2/22 - 2320 steps
              2/23 - 1313 "
              2/24 - pedometer not functioning
              2/25 - 1442 steps
              2/26 - 1261 "
              2/27 - 1200 "
              2/28 - 1221 "
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

You are doing very well, Agate, and you are keeping at it. That’s the trick.

Glad you had a good visit with your neuro, Linda, and good luck with the PT. You know I’m a fan.

ANN

Comment

Linda, it does sound like a good visit with your Neuro. So glad you had that time.

Agate, you are still doing so good. You kind of remind me of the "energizer bunny". You just keep going and going.
                  Virginia

Comment

Working...
                  X