No announcement yet.

February 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call my DH at work and he starts a timer. If he doesn’t hear from me in 45 minutes he knows to send out the Calvary. I also keep my phone by the pool where I can reach it, if I can get to that end of the pool.

Swimming rescues my mental health. And its the only exercise I can tolerate. SPS typically has exercise as a trigger for a spasm.

It would be scary if it happens. ..

Comment

I swam 20 minutes , 603 yards. Spent th rest of the day getting ready for IVIG tomorrow, cooking supper, shopping at grocery store at 7am before the crowd, preparing history and list for GI visit and Urologist visit at end of week.

Its daunting...

Comment

Sunshine, yes it is daunting, but at least you are still in the pool. Good for you for taking safe guards. Was glad to read this.
        Virginia

Comment

We all should have known you're no dummy, Sunshine! It's good to know you have a system set up--just in case.

My recent step counts:

2/11/19 - 1171 steps
          2/12/19 - 1222 "
          2/13/19 - 1123 "
          2/14/19 - 1195 "
          2/15/19 - 1210 "
          2/16/19 - 1200 "
          2/17/19 - 849 "

I put a lamp together yesterday--a bit of extra exertion involved there, and the other day I actually cleaned the refrigerator door. Next I'll do the main part of the refrigerator and move on to the freezer--those are jobs for two other days, probably.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Go Agate Go - You are doing great!
            Virginia

Comment

Yesterday I swam 15 minutes and next to my phone and Ativan. My legs were bad and I swam too late.

Today DH pulled off covers, and pulled back in, and I swam early 20 minutes 603 yards. Much better. Still struggling with legs...

Comment

Yesterday I racked up more steps than usual--2,320--without even trying because there was quite a backup in the laundry room, with lots of people using the machines, and I had to keep going back to see if a machine was available.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Good job, everyone!

I read that the 10,000 step hypothetical goal for many is equal to about 5 miles/day. So, my 2,000+ steps is = about 1+ mile/day.

I upped my steps this past week, too:

M: 2,000
                  T: 2,100
                  W: 2,750
                  T: 3,200
                  F: 2,450
                  Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Congratulations, SuzE-Q! There should be a fitness award for you!🥇

Comment

Glad to see Sunshine is getting back into form.

Agate your steps were really great. Were you overly tired that day?

Suze-Q you are doing so good. Keep going.

I went this afternoon (in heavy rain) to pharmacy. I then went about 5 this evening to sister-in-law's surprise retirement party. We had 14 there, and she was really surprised. Anyway, I stood some there talking to everyone. I left at 8P.M. and went to grocery store to shop. I was in there until 9:15, then I came home and it took until close to 10P.M. to get the groceries in the house, unloaded and put away. So I had a little activity today. I had been sitting almost all week, since I have been not feeling well with a UTI, and I am still on antibiotics, so it was kind of a lost week.
                      Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                        Glad to see Sunshine is getting back into form.

Agate your steps were really great. Were you overly tired that day?

Suze-Q you are doing so good. Keep going.

I went this afternoon (in heavy rain) to pharmacy. I then went about 5 this evening to sister-in-law's surprise retirement party. We had 14 there, and she was really surprised. Anyway, I stood some there talking to everyone. I left at 8P.M. and went to grocery store to shop. I was in there until 9:15, then I came home and it took until close to 10P.M. to get the groceries in the house, unloaded and put away. So I had a little activity today. I had been sitting almost all week, since I have been not feeling well with a UTI, and I am still on antibiotics, so it was kind of a lost week.
                        Some weeks are like that, and some days too. Today was a lost day for me, pretty much, and maybe I was overly tired after yesterday, with more steps than usual, because I had a bad night last night. Today I decided I had to take it easy and so I did almost nothing. This evening I did walk around the building, and that was about the sum total of my physical exertion today other than making the bed and washing the dishes.

Hope your UTI will clear up soon, Virginia. Sometimes it takes a while for the antibiotic to kick in.

Comment

Does anyone have any information about this MS physical therapy program? It seems to be done entirely virtually. I was wondering how the therapist could tell how a person is doing without seeing that person and doing some hands-on treatment?

Also, it sounds as if there's no insurance coverage for this type of PT. You'd pay for it entirely out of pocket?

I'm not promoting this Website in any way--just asking for more information.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

You all are doing amazing with your moving!
                            I took Ativan this morning for second cataract. I felt so good, that DH took me to a nearby beach on the wa home. It ha about 20 steps. I was able to do those side stepping, then got onto the sand, rolled up my jeans and got m feet wet. IT was glorious to be there. Then, back to the car: its was so easy. I love Ativan.

At home, I ran from the living room to the bedroom, just because I could. No pain, no spasticity. YET. I know wits comingback. But, I will def talk to neuro about this...

Comment

Even that bit of running probably helps to keep those muscles toned.

Comment

So great Sunshine!

I vacuumed the downstairs and washed another load of clothes today.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X