• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s great, Agate.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I appreciate your cheering me on. It's very quiet here. Virginia, for instance, hasn't been around in a couple of days. I hope she's OK.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Speak of the devil! I had just posted the above remark about Virginia, and then I noticed that she is logged in here.

Hi, Virginia!😀
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, your step count is so great it just beckoned to me, so here I am. You did great, really picked it up.
          Virginia

Comment

I lifted weights today. Bought a rollator today to let me walk more safely at home!

Comment

How do you like the rollator, Sunshine? I'm very glad I got mine.It's been holding up well, and serving its purpose.

I do have to keep reminding myself not to lean into it.

Comment

I walked 6 blocks last Friday to get my hair done and back home. That evening we went to see a local group, A Far Cry, perform Bach’s Goldberg Varietions at Jordan Hall. My butt was hurting from the hard seat so we eventually left but I was able to watch the rest of the program via live stream from their home page! Technology is helpful. :-)

This week I was just moderately active, mostly indoors as we had snow and ice. I did do laundry again yesterday and walked to my hair appointment today.

ANN
                Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-15-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Today I went to paint store to get a color swatch, then to FedEx to send something back. Then I went to Hardware store for a couple of cleaning items that I use from there, then to a Hallmark store where I bought a gift and card for my youngest brother's wife who is retiring the end of this month. I chose to get her a candle, and some bath salts and I will tell her in the card to learn how to relax. Then I went to grocery store, then to pharmacy at K-Mart. By this time I had to go to ladies room, so I had to walk to back of store and then back to pick up prescription and to front door. After that it was time to come home, so I stopped and got some food for tonight.

I took 3 bags of trash out back and one load of recycling.
                  Last edited by Virginia; 02-15-2019, 04:40 PM.
                  Virginia

Comment

Excellent, Virginia! You are going to be tired tomorrow!

ANN

Comment

Ann, you are so right. I plan to do nothing, but maybe read. I always do more than I can and pay later. I still did not get everything done.

You walking six blocks is very impressive.
                      Virginia

Comment

I like the rollator , Its made by DRIVE.
                        I am calling it C3PO , since I call the W/C R2D2 :)

TOday was the first day after cataract surgery one eye that I was allowed back in the pool. It felt good especially since it was 80F outside and the pool was 84. I was pretty stiffened during and after, but felt courageous and great.

I swam my 20 minutes, 603 yards. No spasms.

I realize I could die in the pool, but this disease is a living death anyway...and, I am not reckless.

Comment

I realize I could die in the pool, but this disease is a living death anyway...and, I am not reckless.
                          You're talking about your at-home pool? Do you mean that you could die there because there'd be no one around (lifeguard, other swimmers) to come to your aid in an emergency?

I'm trying to stifle my inner hen here but can't help wondering. If you started to have a problem while in the pool, would you be able to summon help?

Comment

Great going Sunshine, so glad you are back in the pool.
                            Virginia

Comment

my rollator is from DRIVE too,, Sunshine,,; we worry,about everyone here,, and you probally say don't worry,, to late,, just pace yourself,, { I know you know the drill},,
                              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

I have a DRIVE rollator too and so far have had no problems with it whatsoever. I've had it a couple of years now. Easy to assemble, easy to fold up, not too heavy and it doesn't take up too much space.

Comment

Working...
                                X