Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You people there must really love snow! We had hail here today, with some golfball sized hail, but at least no snow to speak of.

I was out at the audiologist's and that was the first time I've been anywhere in a vehicle in over 3 months. I hibernate in winter.

One hearing aid is dead and had to be sent for repair--so I go back in a month to pick it up. I hadn't been hearing well for a long time, thought my hearing was getting worse. A hearing evaluation was done today, and it is getting worse but only slightly. The big problem was the dead aid.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, I had rather it be the hearing aid than your hearing.

We are as usual cold and rainy. I have never seen so much rain as we have had here this winter.

I am hibernating this week. I have used my heating pad 4 times this week, but I have to confess I did not stop with 20 minute intervals. I went on for 30 min and once for about 40 min. It feels so good to my back.

I think I know why Sunshine thought maybe she didn't like the antibiotic I am on. It makes you feel bad and have a slight stomach problem and some weakness. At least that is the reaction I am getting.

Peg, take care of yourself in all that snow.

Agate, I miss Howie too. I am sure you didn't scare him off with your new phone. I hope he gets his computer fixed soon.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I'm around just too busy to spend much time in social media etc.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I'm here. Finally over my flu/cold/whatever it was, and back to relative "normal". We've had lots of snow here, too- - 14 inches, followed by 6 inches, followed by 4 inches yesterday, and a snow/rain mix on Saturday...…. Is it spring, yet?????

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

March 20 officially but I've seen more robins than you can shake a stick at.

Not sure why anyone would want to shake a stick at robins...but they're out there. The sun is shining here, with no sign of the amazing hail we had yesterday.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cat, you have had a lot of snow this year. I hate the snow/rain mix when it turns to ice. Glad you are back to your "normal".
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Winter often lasts nearly 6 months for you people in the Midwest as I recall. That's a lot of winter and doesn't leave much spring.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I an so afraid we are going from Winter to Summer and I don't want that. I want some Spring weather. It is not hot now, but we have had some extremely warm days when it got up to 80 or a little above. I don't like that this time of year. The 60s and low 70s for this time of year would be alright, but no higher, and actually I wouldn't mind if those days waited to come in March and April instead of February.

I do not like all the rain we have had. It has been much to much. It is hard to find a time when I can walk out on the deck to empty the trash because it is so wet.
    The yard, front and back are standing in water.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

More dreary rain today. I am just reading. It is forecast to rain through Sunday. Sunday is to be warmer but still rainy. I wish we could ship some water to some dry areas of the country.

Tomorrow I am planning to go to a retirement party for my sister-in-law. I think it is going to be just family, all hers and all my brothers. It will be the first time I have been out since I went to Doctor Monday. Not looking forward to it because of all the rain.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I went to pharmacy to pick up medicine. It was raining so hard and cold. I am going to the retirement get together this evening, but wish I did not feel the need to go. One of my brothers was sick earlier in the week and now his wife must have caught something from him because she is not going. My nephew was telling me that almost everyone was sick including his sister who is going to be there. I will just try to stay away from everyone and wash my hands often.

After that I have to try and go to the grocery store. I didn't want to go when I was out earlier. The rain was so hard and I would have had all those groceries to bring in, so if I have to get wet I would rather it be after the retirement thing. She is having other retirement parties later, people at work, people at church, organizations she belongs to, so maybe this will not have to last too long.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast