Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Jeanie!

Glad you're treating yourself to a personal gift, Howie!

Sunshine, so sorry about the spasms, I wonder if your IVIG schedule could be changed so you're getting it more frequently if it's wearing off early. Laz went every 3 weeks for hers, I think.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I think Harris Teeter came to Raleigh in the 70s. At that time it was thought to be a much nicer grocery store than any we had. However, now that is no longer true. In the early Spring, according to a sign in the window, we are getting a Piggly Wiggly just a few blocks from me. We had a Kroger there, but all the Kroger stores closed around here. Glad another grocery store is going in that close by. I hope I like it.

Ann, your brother and his wife have gotten wise and are moving to a great state in a wonderful location.. The only problem is that when it snows that part of NC usually gets the heaviest part of the snow. I hope they really enjoy it. Ashville is nice and I think they will enjoy being close by where there is a lot going on.

Sunshine, hope the IVIG turns the tide for you, and that you start to feel better.

Jeanie, I have a Nephew who owns one of the very large eating places and takes it to different fairs. He was at the one you mentioned this past week. I am glad they had a good day there yesterday.

Agate, I am not sure but I think smart phones cost $350.00 to $600.00. I have one that is no longer hooked up. It was only about $100.00 to $125.00 and was no good. I hated that phone and as soon as my year was up I changed back to my flip phone. If I get one again I will be more careful. AARP has phones that are much cheaper. I have seen them advertised. You can text, take pictures and get aps for them, but I am not sure how good they are.

We had warm weather here today, but I didn't get out. I was wiped out from yesterday and just read all day.
    Virginia

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Virginia, I think Kroger has priced themselves out of existence. People are price conscious these days, me included.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia, my brother was raised in Pennsylvania and his wife is from Illinois. My adult nephew, my sister’s son who is moving with them, is also from Illinois. They should be prepared for snow but they have been in Florida so long you have to wonder. They thought 68 was too cold to open the windows when they were here.

Jeanie, I’m glad that you had a good day.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Ann, 68 is too cold to open the windows. I would freeze.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Random thoughts on above posts:

I had to call corporate headquarters for Fresh Market re the lack of motor carts. They sent carts to my local branch, it took about 4 months to make it happen. Try it!

IVIG Schedule: IVIG is such a lifestyle killer: it takes up 8 hours as I have to infuse slowly. And, it is building up scar tissue in vein: Trying to avoid getting a port. If it gets worse, I will have to look at the situation again.

Suze: Publix did a complete overhaul last year. It was so discombobulated, that I complained to the mgr about having to go up and down each aisle in the cart to find things. They gave me a printed summary of each aisle, where to find things. IT helped. But it sure doesn’t make sense. I hated it. Still do, but finally, getting some idea of where everything is...

Corporate dictates what each store can and cannot do. The local stores had no control over layout. Or about what to order. ITs all dictated at corporate level.

e.g. I like Stonyfield plain fat free yogurt. Its organic, creamy, no “fruit” or candy in it. And fat free. They now only sell whole milk yogurt and low fat yogurt. They throw out the whole milk yogurt cuz no one who is conscious of organic products wants whole milk anything.

But every month I have to special order the fat free variety, and have to pick up about 8 tubs of it to whittle away at. At least they do order it, but sometimes they get it wrong....they have no control locally at what they can carry ...

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I also eat Stonyfield plain fat free yogurt every day for lunch. I usually can find mine at Fresh Market. Until recently I was able to get it at Harris Teeter, but they no longer have it. Also, Whole Foods usually has it, but I have not checked there recently. I just stop at Fresh Market which is close to Harris Teeter. If they stop carrying it and Whole Foods stops also, I will have to find someone who will order it for me. I really like it. Why do stores discontinue things that sell well?
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I am going to brother's for Super Bowl this evening. That means I have to go wash hair and do all that stuff to myself. Going to younger brother's house and middle brother is going to come and get me. I wanted to say "no" let me drive on my own, but he said he would leave and bring me home anytime I wanted to come. He is in an ill mood the past couple of weeks and I didn't argue with him.LOL

It may be his thyroid - it was where it needed to be, but then at one Doctor's the numbers were up which meant his thyroid was low. He took a printout to his GP and I guess he got confused because he lowered his medication instead of upping it. He had to go back to first Doctor for something and they found his thyroid was Waay low. He then went to an endocrinologist who upped it, but only slightly, not even where it had been when it was first found to be low. So he and his wife decided they could do it on their own and at least get it back to where it had originally been. When I found out what they were doing I called him and read the article that Nuthatch had posted. He is a heart patient and they should not be playing around with his Synthroid. I think he went back to what the endocrinologist had prescribed and will get it re-checked in another 4 weeks and go from there.

Right now, I am not arguing with him! He never gets made with my younger brother, but my younger brother called and said he was mad with him and his son the golfer. The golfer is not playing good golf. He hurt his back and has been out a long time. He hired Tiger Woods' trainer and is paying him to come to the tournaments and work on his back. We don't know if it will work or not. Anyway, my middle brother got mad because my nephew is paying an awful lot of money to the man who is working on his back. My younger brother told him that he was not playing bad golf on purpose. But my younger brother was not mad. He just called me and wanted to know what was wrong with him.

So that's family life right now.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I read all the posts but right now I can't think straight. My Fair day did me in. I went to bed at 5 Pm and my friend called at 6:30 and woke me up. I have been in and out of bed all night and all day. I am so tired.

I had to go out to the van and put the charger on the scooter and get my mail and newspaper. I am headed back to bed. Andy & Torre stayed at the Fair until 8 PM. He is sleeping today too. I am not going to stay up to watch the Superbowl either. Jeanie :)

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunshine, I also eat Stonyfield plain fat free yogurt every day for lunch. I usually can find mine at Fresh Market. Until recently I was able to get it at Harris Teeter, but they no longer have it. Also, Whole Foods usually has it, but I have not checked there recently. I just stop at Fresh Market which is close to Harris Teeter. If they stop carrying it and Whole Foods stops also, I will have to find someone who will order it for me. I really like it. Why do stores discontinue things that sell well?
    I don’t know but its very annoying.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast