Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have a Piggly Wiggly right down the road, but I've never been there.
    Not a judgment, just a simple inquiry...why haven't you gone there? I liked our piggly wiggly....then it went out of business here when a different bigger grocery moved in....

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

So much to catch up on here :)
    Piggly Wiggly is featured in one of my favorite Movies: Win a date with Tad Hamilton: you will love that movie:) Try it!

THis morning I had an ankle spasm fo about 10, which I was able to stop by sitting on th side of bed (not standing, I learned that lesson: twice), and putting pressure on it by the floor. Was a surprise. I am major dosed at 9pm and 1:30am with musclerelaxers. So far ok today, just the usual dizzy nausea, weak feelings.

Ready for IVIG on Wednesday. It typically washes about abut 10 days into the 14 day cycle. So, here we are...

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Cat, I've been going to Food Lion for 18 years or so. I know where everything is, and have only recently started making a shopping list. If I went to a new store, I would have to learn where everything is.

The Piggly Wiggly is right next door to my bank, yet I've never been tempted to try it out. Plus they would have to have the electric shopping carts. I can't walk but a short distance.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't most stores of any size have those electric carts you can ride around in now?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Howie,, I know what you mean about moving to a new store...I know where everthing is in the store where I shop, too. A new grocery store opened up across the road. I have gone there a couple of times, got lost, and now only go back to the meat department -- they do their own butchering, and have "exotic" meats, like lamb, and goat, in their freezer. Otherwise we stick with our old favorite.. As I said, I was just curiou…

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cat, we are creatures of habit!

Agate, I have heard the carts are used in most if not all grocery stores now. But I will never know, I only know about where I go.
    Last edited by Howie; 02-02-2019 at 02:48 PM.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Thumbs up

I just placed ANOTHER order online. Now I have not only my cat paw socks coming, but a pair of headphones. Other than shopping for groceries at Food Lion which I do from an electric cart, everything else is bought online.

It's ideal for handicapped people. It's all done on the computer where I live anyway. It wasn't too long ago, handicapped people had to impose on family or friends to get what they needed.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Andy & Torre came at 10 and we all went to the fair. I go mainly to eat. I had a steak sandwich, then some fried conch fritters. Hardly any conch in them and not as good as in the Bahamas. We went through all the exhibits and then to the main stage where a battle of the tribute bands will run from 2 PM until midnight.

I had a corn dog and went through the exhibit of the Highwaymen's art. I left them at the fair and came home by 4 PM. I donned my pj's and will nap. I brought home a candied apple and some boiled peanuts.

Last weekend was rained out so today's crowds were huge. When I left cars were lined up for miles trying to get in. I did find two nice hair bows to wear over my pony tail. Andy got some more Honeybee cream. The on band I saw mostly yelled. Andy said they sounded just like the record. Not a record I ever heard.

I put a sympathy card in the mailbox yesterday and it is still there when I came home at 4. We have terrible service and often they come after dark. I do not go out in the dark for it. Jeanie :)

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't most stores of any size have those electric carts you can ride around in now?
    Just what I was going to say!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Howie & Cat,

I know what you mean, two stores I frequent changed where they put everything on their shelves and aisles, and I felt completely discombobulated. I really didn't feel like searching every row trying to find what I was looking for. One store, I'm really not happy that some items are now at the other end of the store. I just don't feel like going all the way down there just for one item. I'm not like Virginia who is a pro!

And I don't go to another grocery store because it's way too big and they put the "2 for $___" deals in such small print that I've missed it, and ended up inadvertently buying only one at regular price because I wasn't looking closely at the fine print on the tiny signs.

Although, I WILL peek into new stores just to get a feel for them and a sense of the prices and layout, just in case I might want to include it or switch. I do like deals and good customer service, good layout, etc.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast