Blog Entries

Default Callyflower

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 6.44.39 PM.jpg

((((((Callyflower))))))

Thinking of you and sending healing prayers
    for a pain-free and rapid recovery.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you, Rose!

Surgery went well and I am recovering with the help of my "kitty nursing team" who couldn't be happier to share bed rest with me.

It's so sweet for you to take time to check on me!

Hugs!

C

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I had the "unveiling" today. I am also a new convert to the Orgain shakes. I need extra protein for bone healing. I love the vanilla blended with frozen banana or mango.IMG_20190130_1019335.jpg
    Last edited by callyflower; 01-30-2019 at 07:49 PM.

6. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((callyflower)))))) ~

OWIE!!!

I'm so grateful that surgery went well and that you have your kitty nursing team. Comfort and warmth around you.

Are you taking antibiotics, or cleaning the wound with anything? Are those stitches?

I wish I could help you. Hey, just get on a plane and fly to California. We'll set up another bed downstairs. I have all of the wound care supplies imaginable. I'm running a clinic/step down unit right now. Just got a new steamer and will be ordering lots of organic veggies tomorrow. I'll make that tortilla soup finally, and we have Jon's nurse's avocados.

Jon's nurse is here every 2 days now. I'm sure she'd be happy to check out your wound.

We're open 24 hours. We never close. Round the clock care!

Seriously, how happy are we that you are drinking Orgain?! Finally, we helped you!

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Sending lots of healing energy and prayers your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Somehow I can't get this posted right. Must be the pain meds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by callyflower; 01-31-2019 at 07:51 PM.

9. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi Rose, Thanks for the offer of help. I am kind of like an old cow though (I grew up on a small ranch) and would just as soon hide out in the brush and recover alone. That said, my PT husband and public health major daughter are taking good care of me. All I really have to do is lie on my arse, elevate my leg, use my squeeze machine, ice behind my leg and eat healthy food. Orgain for the win! They are just so palatable and don't have outrageous amounts of sugar.

Today I have had a down day. I feel the doc was premature in putting me in the boot, and my swelling is worse, the boot hurts, and I just feel down. I sent the doc an email for advice.

Yes, those are sutures. No, I am not on antibiotics but have a stash here if I feel they are warranted. Four bones were cut and the ends fused with plates and screws to correct the bunion and stabilize my hypermobile foot. Amazingly, I still have good range of motion.

The cats just changed shifts. Brillo, my 1e year old female takes the night shift and Ziggy, her 11 year old brother, has days. They are American wirehair cats and just adorable little creatures.

11. The following user says "thanks"

cauliflower, What was your surgery for? That's quite a lot of stitches! I hope the pain is managed well because it looks quite painful. So glad you have those beautiful cat taking care of you! They can be sooo comforting. My son and my daughter both just got new kittens, they were brother and sisters from the same litter. We've had lots of fun with them. I never thought I'd be babysitting their kittens. LOL Sending healing prayers your way.
    Mary Grace

13. The following user says "thanks"

I had a lapidus bunionectomy. There are minimally invasive bunion surgeries around but my foot has problems further up and would render a regular surgery ineffective. The change in my gait was also causing knee pain so hopefully having good alignment will fix that too.

I have one more week on no weight bearing and then will ease into walking again. Right now I am using a scooter and a rollator to move around when I need.

15. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((callyflower)))))) ~

How is your foot today? What did your doctor advise about the boot?

I hope your spirits are up this evening, and the swelling is down.

I had no idea of the extensiveness of this surgery. Wow! That's a lot you've had done there. Now that you've had plates and screws placed in your foot, you're on your way to becoming a Bionic Woman!

I pray that you're not in pain, but if you are, that you have something to help quell it. How are you sleeping? Are you able to turn and lay comfortably?

Brillo and Ziggy are lovely, and I'm sure they are very worried about you and want to be near you. They know that something is different, because you're in bed. And I'm sure that they are more than happy to be your "watch cats." Pet therapy is healing.

I'm just so happy that you like Orgain! It was created by a physician, who is a cancer survivor. It has so much goodness in it, and it's all organic. Jim is trying to keep up with one shake/day, but he's off his feed today after a long night of coughing.

Do you have books, movies, music, any form of entertainment, while you're recovering? We call this "diversion."

I'm happy that your husband and daughter are taking good care of you, which I knew would be the case. You're in good hands.

Sending lots of healing prayers and positive energy your way. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Love & Light,

Rose

Today was a better day. Last night I covered my incisions and re-wrapped my foot, iced behind my knee, used my squeeze machine and slept elevated. This morning I put on the boot to see how long I could tolerate it. I lasted ALL day with a dose of meds midway through the day. My surgeon also called to check on me. So now I will just keep going until the sutures are removed and I can begin to put weight on my foot.

I have good meds on board and I also use hemp-based CBD oil. Pain is not too bad.

As for entertainment, I read, email, and watch YouTube videos on the TV. My daughter and I have recently begun watching "dumpster diving" videos on YouTube. Folks go through dumpsters and find all sorts of stuff. It's amazing to see how much is wasted by both corporations and individuals.

Sunday a friend and I may try the gym. My surgeon cleared me for upper body and core exercise. I mainly want to go for socialization. It will have to be a quick trip, though, to prevent too much swelling.

All in all this has been easier than anticipated. I have been referring to myself as a "competitive healer." I always try to do better than what is expected.

Thanks for checking on me!

C
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by callyflower; 02-01-2019 at 08:11 PM.

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast