Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Callyflower

Distinguished Community Member

So glad you're healing well. I' sure your competitive side is helping you along LOL. I have bunions but they're not yet painful. Just annoying when it comes to getting shoes. Kathleen does also hers stem from her weak ankles and very flat feet it changes the whole shape of her foot. As you said it also has changed the whole shape of her leg. Her knee bows inward. She also hyperextends her knee so I'm always worried about the overall health of her joints. Prayers for continued healing at an "olympian" rate!
    Mary Grace

2. The following user says "thanks"

So sorry Kathleen has issues as well. I have a teeny tiny one on the right as well, but it isn't bothersome.

I was on prednisone for the better part of 20 years and it masked a lot of issues. Once I weaned from that in July of '17 and began my more intense exercise program the pain began and within a few months the foot began to look and feel really bad. When I found myself avoiding activities such as hiking or choosing vacations that would require walking, I knew it was time to do something.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((callyflower)))))) ~

So glad that you had a better day yesterday, and I'm hoping the same is true for today. Good meds on board and CBD oil ~ sounds like you're well covered.

Dumpster diving, eh? What do people do with the things they find? Use them? Sell them? Repair them?

Love that photo of Brillo and Ziggy standing at attention! "At your service, M'Lady!"

I would say that you're a very successful competitive healer after all you've been through. May it always continue to be so.

Healing prayers and positive energy flowing your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Cally, good wishes for a quick recovery.

Can you tell me about the thinner cat? Very interesting looking. Almost like a cartoon drawing.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by callyflower; 02-04-2019 at 11:28 AM.

8. The following user says "thanks"

I love talking about my cats! Both Ziggy and Brillo are American Wirehairs. My neighbor breeds them and they are quite expensive, but I got them as gifts as Ziggy has a defect on his tail and Brillo had finished her time on the cat show circuit.

Wirehairs have a small gene pool, as getting kittens born with the wired hair is difficult. Ziggy has some bad genetic defects and has allergies and probably some connective tissue issues. He loses almost all of his hair every winter and regrow about a half coat in August. He has some nephews that do the same thing. Brillo, who is a full sister to him, also has thinner than normal hair, but is healthier in general than her brother.

My kitties are precious. They have very comical personalities and have good manners and don't scratch or bite. As long as they are warm and full, they are good to go.

IMG_20181211_1407449.jpg
    Last edited by callyflower; 02-04-2019 at 11:31 AM.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Thank you, Cally. Very interesting. I never heard of that breed.
    I am mother to two rescued domestic shorthairs and one rescued Siamese mix.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

I also have Felix, a bicolor domestic short hair. He was a rescue from 14 years ago, and was a former feral. He's a real special boy. IMG_20181016_1707046.jpg

13. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your cats are lovely, callyflower!

You mentioned watching dumpster diving on videos. That must be interesting. I had a friend who was doing that for years.

He couldn't understand why people were discarding so much perfectly good stuff--he felt it was incredibly wasteful--and so he retrieved some items and piled them up in his apartment until the Salvation Army could come and pick them up.

Hope your recovery goes well.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

15. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((callyflower)))))) ~

How is your foot today? I hope that the incision is healing and that your new surgical shoe is working well for you.

I'm sure that your husband, daughter, and Brillo, Ziggy and Felix are taking extra good care of you.

Prayers for a full recovery and no pain.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 02-11-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

17. The following user says "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast