Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT...huge storm headed right for us! Oh no!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I miss Vicky too!

Vicky had a Facebook page, I found out after she was gone. I've kept a link to it and would post it here but it's probably not a good idea since none of us was an official FB "friend" of hers. But I'm pretty sure it's OK to bring one of the photos she used on her FB page over here for others to see:

If anyone would like the link to her Facebook page, just let me know and I'll send it by PM. I'm sure her husband sent it to me intending for me to share it with others. Just not so sure whether I should post the link on this board--or whether the link would work.

If you look at her photos, you'll feel you know her a little better.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We are a couple hours south of ANN and are forecast for mostly rain and wind although temps Sunday night and Monday night are due to be in the single digits. High today of 34 and high tomorrow of 47 with the worst of the storm passing by.

This has been one of the busiest weeks I can remember in a long time with all of the detail work that needed to be tended to. Not travel or physical labor but lots of financial stuff to tend to in the moment and a good deal of writing on deadlines.

We put our home and two rental properties into an irrevocable trust yesterday to protect assets from nursing home care. I only hope we have at least 5 years there before either of us needs anything. The girls have been wonderful about their participation in and understanding of the process and both have said that , no matter what, they want to be sure we get what we need care-wise if the time comes for that and are not worried about saving assets for themselves.

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

We got 5-6 inches of dense snow followed by heavy rain this morning. Then it switched to sleet, the temperature dropped and everything froze in place. We did not get the high wind that was expected. Tonight is supposed to be five degrees. Tomorrow’s high is ten.

Peter shoveled and cleaned off our car before the freeze up. At 5 PM he chipped ice for an hour. I got him in with some hot tea. ;-). He’s off tomorrow for MLK and can clean things up again.

I hope Linda and John are OK. I had some goat cheese w fig spread today and thought of her fig trees in the greenhouse.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

We are still about 30 degrees, but will get down to about 15 tonight and a high of 30 tomorrow. Oh heck!
    Virginia

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Yeah, the same here Virginia. Bundle up!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

You too Howie. Let Sam sleep on top of you.
    Virginia

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

She always does, but when it's real cold, she gets in the bed right up against me. But that is fine, she keeps me warm too.

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grow some more fur, Sam. Winter is far from over.
    i don't trip--I do random gravity checks.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Cool

I might have to grow some more fur too before this cold spell passes.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got 5-6 inches of dense snow followed by heavy rain this morning. Then it switched to sleet, the temperature dropped and everything froze in place. We did not get the high wind that was expected. Tonight is supposed to be five degrees. Tomorrow’s high is ten.

Peter shoveled and cleaned off our car before the freeze up. At 5 PM he chipped ice for an hour. I got him in with some hot tea. ;-). He’s off tomorrow for MLK and can clean things up again.

I hope Linda and John are OK. I had some goat cheese w fig spread today and thought of her fig trees in the greenhouse.
    ANN
    Thanks for thinking about us. Like you, we had snow followed by freezing rain. I was out of Friday covering our vehicles with tarps and securing them with bungee cords. This works great...when I went out Saturday morning after the snow I unhook the bungee cords and as I pull the tarps off the snow slides of of them...no snow on the cars at all. It is harder than it sounds but easier than not doing it.

John went into the hospital Friday ...before this all started. He is still there and will be for the week. He has been extremely weak...they thought his pneumonia was back...now they are not sure what is in his lung. They call it pus, not liquid. Tomorrow they will somehow use a CatScan to insert a diode into the lung and get the pus in order to biopsy it as well as drain it.

I do not know the accuracy of what I just said about John but he is getting great attention with doctors communicating with each other working on the puzzle. He has been getting IV of antibiotics and fluids and sounds much stronger.

I have not been to the hospital to see him but he calls me every hour and we write back and forth through the ipads. Cell phones and iPads have made life a lot better.

Our farm is set apart and isolated so picture me as some early pioneer woman. I arranged for a neighbor to help me plow....and he drove to start plowing early Saturday morning. I almost cried as I am not experienced enough to plow everything myself. So I pulled tarps off cars...he plowed and I would move the cars as he did and then put them back. Long Saturday morning into afternoon.

Time for a hot drink. When I went to To get cream for my coffee the refrigerator was warm inside..59°. Thank goodness the freezer was working. So I unloaded the frig. Into big cooler bags and put them right outside the door on the porch. I am still waiting for repairman to call. I researched the problem...something called an evaporator fan could be culprit.

Anyway, the greenhouse are running....John is getting good care...and I am braced to keep going. But when this is all over I am going to....eat chocolate!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast