More emojis/emoticons found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More emojis/emoticons found

Maybe everyone else has known about this for ages but I just discovered it. If I right click while I'm in this message window, at the very top of the drop-down menu it says "Emoji Win+ period," and if I press the Windows key along with the period key, I get a whole flock of emoticons--animals, for instance:🐴🐕🐈🐪🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

👀😆🧡 LOL thanks Agate, I don't even have to right click I just hit the windows and period keys

Comment

Whenever I try to type an emoji it appears here as a black dot...I must have a setting wrong but I never could figure it out. It is only here..���� see? They look correct but when I press the button they will not look like these cute faces I entered
      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Linda, that's a puzzle. I wonder why that is happening. I click on the image (in the collection that is displayed) and it shows up immediately.

��

One of the moderators might have an answer on this.
        I went back and edited this post and my flower image disappeared, though. I hadn't done anything that would have deleted it. I'll try to get it back.

Edited to add: It's back. So these emojis are going to play hard to get.❔

Edited again to add: Well, it isn't back. When I entered that second one (the question mark image), the flower image disappeared. I tried a different flower image, but it's not there either. I see what you mean, Linda.
        Last edited by agate; 01-05-2019, 07:49 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Agate, come and get your flock of chickens, they're eating Sam's food!!!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry about that, Howie and Sam. These things happen. Those little chicks didn't appreciate having Sam pounce on them anyway.

🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐤🐤🐤

Comment

((((((agate)))))) ~

Obviously, I'm as dense as concrete, because I can't figure out where this drop down menu with emojis is. Could/would you provide me with additional clues? Thank you!

Love & Light,

Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Rose, it isn't a feature that is unique to BrainTalk. It should work for you on just about any message board but maybe you need to have Windows 10. I just know that I've had this computer for a couple of years now and was wondering where people were getting their emoticons sometimes. Then I found this yesterday, and I have no idea if it's been there all along and I just didn't notice, or if it appeared recently.

There are two ways of getting to it. You can right-click on the message window or you can press the Windows key while pressing the period key. Either way, you should see a menu popping up on the screen. It's slightly to the right when I see it and has a number of options (Paste, Undo, etc.). At the top of the list it says Emoji and gives the keystrokes as Win + period.

I hope that helps. I can't think why you can't see it. Maybe someone with more technical expertise will come along.

Maybe I was mistaken in calling it a dropdown menu too. The correct term might be a popup menu?
                Last edited by agate; 01-05-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I tried Apple emojis but they did not work. ;-(

ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I'm afraid it's a Windows 10 thing. Sorry! You might be able to find something similar for Apple though.

Comment

((((((agate)))))) ~

Thank you for the explanation.

I know why I can't find it. I have a Mac, and I don't have Windows.

I misunderstood and thought the emjois were ont the BrainTalk site.

Love & Light,

Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

((((((ANN)))))) ~

Have you tried holding the Control, Command and Space Bar to bring up "characters"? That's how I posted these hearts:

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Let's see if that works ...

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

I had Windows 10 for a few days, and fortunately was able to get back to 8.1 where I'll stay as long as it's around, and as long as this laptop lasts.

I use the emoji available here. I don't use them anywhere else. What a wet noodle I am.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Rose,

I am using my iPhone. This keyboard doesn’t get that technical.

ANN
                            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

grrrr, emoticon malfunction, so I just removed the original post.
                              Last edited by jendie; 01-05-2019, 07:46 PM. Reason: emoticon malfunction, so I erased the whole post
                              s
                              Jendie
                              I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

Comment

Working...
                              X