Thread: Hello old friends! Update on us (Megsmom)

Default Hello old friends! Update on us (Megsmom)

Hello to all my old neuro buddies. I finally found my login for here, and thought I'd update a little on us. I guess, I will just start with Scott. Scott retired from the Secretary of State Police in August. He is now a bus driver for our local school district. It is perfect, a few hours in the morning and a few in the afternoon. Our custom sign business has really taken off. He is making 3 more signs as I type. Joshua was working as a police Sgt in our city, but recently was hired on at the Secretary of State. He and his wife, Megan have blessed us with a beautiful granddaughter who is now 2 1/2 yrs old. We are also expecting our second little blessing in June. We are over the moon excited!!! They live only about 2 miles from us, and we are blessed and fortunate to have our granddaughter pretty much everyday! Jacob is a sophomore in high school. Has his license now. He is in full swing with winter weight lifting, gearing up for football season in the fall. I am in the process of starting a book.
    I love to write, it is my vice so to speak. I am hoping, to start rough draft chapters very soon. I have a couple book ideas, I just have to decide which one I want to go forward with first. I keep very busy with the councilman gig. It has been a learning experience, and I truly do love it! I will for sure run again, when my term is up. I think in the spring we are going to house hunt. We are wanting to downsize a bit. It will be hard to leave all the memories, but we will carry them with us. It is still so hard to believe that our angel Meggie is truly gone. Some days it seems like yesterday, others it seems forever. The longer time marches on, the harder it is in some ways. It's all so real now. Life goes on, I know that, however, the longer you walk this journey without your child, your fear of others forgetting them increases. So, I make sure that doesn't happen. She was such a bright light. I will try and get here at least once a week to update and catch up with old friends. My goal tonight is to read through posts and see who is still here, and get to know the new members. Love to you all. It is nice to be back home amongst old friends. If I knew how to upload a picture, I would post a recent family pic from Christmas!
    Tracy

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Tracy)))))) ~

How wonderful to see you here! I'm so happy that you are rejoining us!

How to upload a photo:

Here are the icons above the area where you write your post:

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 6.12.38 PM.jpg

The 3rd icon from the far right is the one to used to upload photos off of your computer.

I'm so happy that things are going well for you, Scott, Joshua, Jacob and your family. I think it's wonderful that you want to continue to serve on the council. A great way to give back to your community.

How well I understand your grief journey for Meggie. The early years are the most difficult, because reality does set in, and we have to adjust and adapt and not just learn to live with our grief, but to be at peace with our grief. And, I do know what you mean about the memories of our children fading among our circle. For that reason, for 15 1/2 years, I sign cards and gifts with Michael's name, as Angel Michael. And our friends/loved ones respond using "Angel Michael."

It's common for people to get on with their lives and forget about our grief, or a crisis we may be experiencing. I am surprised at some friends of ours, who used to be at the forefront in our lives and are now in the background. With Jim's cancer journey, we thought that it would be the reverse. But some folks are all excited at the beginning, and then they get busy, and communication fades.

Writing a book is a huge challenge (just ask Donna)! I have 4 books, which have been "under construction" for decades. One of them is a guide for grieving parents, taken from a column I wrote for 3 years on a parental grief support website. Most of it is there, requiring extensive editing, but I don't have the time to devote to pulling it together.

Writing isn't a vice for me. It's a natural instinct, which I've had most of my life. And it's therapy, which I would imagine it is for you too. It often helps me to put things in perspective and to look at life from different angles.

I support you all the way and hope that you find just the right focus to get that first book up and running.

I'm looking forward to your posts, and I'm so happy you're with us again!

We love you, and you and your family are always in our prayers ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Tracy!
    I'm so happy to see you here, too (well, I'm happy to see you anywhere LOL!). I didn't know Scott was driving the school bus - what a great occupation for him! I bet he's got lots of funny stories to tell you every day. My girlfriend here in Ottawa is another bereaved Mom of a complex child and she started driving for Uber. Wow, she has so many stories - many of them very touching and some funny. Tracy, I would love to know more about your book and of course I would be honoured to be an early reader. I send you and Rose lots of love!
    Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Welcome back Tracy!

Marcie

6. The following user says "thanks"