January 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

I've lost several pounds in recent months, going from 120-121 to 116, and with every pound lost I'm moving around more easily. I have the notion that I do best if my weight is at the low end of the normal weight range for my height. I'm hoping to get back to 108, which is where I was for quite a number of years. I'm glad that the normal range is wide--94 to 119.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Today i hit the 1/2 mile mark in 28 minutes. And, this down on a day where i decreased Tizanidine by 2 mg before the swim. So far, so good.

Comment

Agate, congratulations to you. Did you cut out certain foods or cut down on portions?

Sunshine, that is a marvelous thing to do on January 1, 2019.
        Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
          Agate, congratulations to you. Did you cut out certain foods or cut down on portions?

Sunshine, that is a marvelous thing to do on January 1, 2019.
          I've been trying to drop a few pounds for years. It's a matter of eating less--fewer crackers or nuts, less peanut butter, and making sure that the day's calorie intake doesn't usually go over 1200-1300.

Sounds simple but somehow I wasn't motivated enough to get with the program.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Fewer crackers? Less peanut butter? But that was my only meal today!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations Sunshine and Agate. Well done.

Howie, no pasta or coleslaw?

I walked around a big grocery store (Wegmans) today. I am sick of grocery stores but MIL needed a few things and it is good, safe exercise.

ANB
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Ann, I have one Compleat's and one more serving of coleslaw, and that will be my meal tomorrow. Then it's....PAYDAY!!!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations to us!!!

Today I swam 15 minutes, a quarter mile, Had to swim late due to eye doc exam, around 11:30, and had to get out when the shins started to stretch. Earlier is better for sure.

Still doing poorly, but no longer nausea. The swallowing issue is a bummer, the weakness, etc etc. Just one healthy day, heck one hour, would be a godsend!

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                    Ann, I have one Compleat's and one more serving of coleslaw, and that will be my meal tomorrow. Then it's....PAYDAY!!!
                    Isn't tomorrow payday? You could buy something tomorrow before the day is over, seems to me....

--All right, I'm going. Sam, would you put that broom away. You don't need to shoo all the chickens out of the yard just now.

Comment

I posted that at 7:30 pm YESTERDAY!
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Lots of egg on my face here. I get all addled if I have to get used to anything new (the smartphone) and tend to do everything wrong.

That's my excuse anyway. Hope it will fly.

Comment

Today I swim a half mile in 27 minutes. The pool was 84° which felt wonderful. I am so lucky.

Comment

Yesterday I fed the birds (and squirrels) and then took a walk and extended it by two blocks from what I had planned to a total of 8 blocks. These are not NYC standard blocks. They are considerably smaller.

Today I walked to and from my hair appointment. That’s approximately six blocks round trip.

I am happy I am able to do this.
                            ANN
                            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Congratulations, ANN!

Blocks are really variable, I've noticed. Tacoma and Portland both seem to have really short blocks compared to Chicago's.

Comment

Working...
                              X