Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2019: Keep on Moving Thread

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I posted that at 7:30 pm YESTERDAY!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lots of egg on my face here. I get all addled if I have to get used to anything new (the smartphone) and tend to do everything wrong.

That's my excuse anyway. Hope it will fly.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Today I swim a half mile in 27 minutes. The pool was 84 which felt wonderful. I am so lucky.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yesterday I fed the birds (and squirrels) and then took a walk and extended it by two blocks from what I had planned to a total of 8 blocks. These are not NYC standard blocks. They are considerably smaller.

Today I walked to and from my hair appointment. That’s approximately six blocks round trip.

I am happy I am able to do this.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Congratulations, ANN!

Blocks are really variable, I've noticed. Tacoma and Portland both seem to have really short blocks compared to Chicago's.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

That is an amazing feat WITH MS and with your GI PROBLEMS...ambitious!

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Today I swam 800 yards in 27 minutes. So far, so good.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Congratulations Ann and Sunshine.

I got really depressed Thursday. In trying to do my sits-to-stands I found that if I do them really correctly the way Ann posted a video of back in November, I was unable to do more than about 4 without my legs giving out. I would have to wait before I could do more. I finally got in 10 but it was over a period of time.

Then yesterday, Friday, I went out to do errands. I left home about 2:10. I went through drive thru at bank and then to Postal Service to mail a couple of letters and buy stamps. I had to walk a little way in parking lot. Then I got my nails done. Then I went to K-Mart to pick up a couple of prescriptions. I walked all the way to the back to go to restroom. I did alright, but legs were tired, then I came back to pharmacy and out to parking lot to car. I then went to grocery store and was in there for about 45 to 50 minutes. I came home and unloaded car and put groceries away. It was 6:40 by the time I did that.

I did alright yesterday. I wore some shoes that I had not worn in a long time. I use to love them, but they are heavy and I was afraid I could not walk good in them, however the material is good in the rain, so I wore them. I was glad I did because I found that I could wear them as well as flats. They have a small heel on them but it is a blocked heel.

It is strange because I felt that I did better yesterday than I did with the sits-to-stands. I tried the sits-to-stands again today and had the same problem I had Thursday.
    Virginia

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

You did great overall, Virginia. You accomplished so much. Don’t get stuck on what you can’t do or that you did 4 initially. Maybe that’s enough for you right now.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congratulations Ann and Sunshine.

I got really depressed Thursday. In trying to do my sits-to-stands I found that if I do them really correctly the way Ann posted a video of back in November, I was unable to do more than about 4 without my legs giving out. I would have to wait before I could do more. I finally got in 10 but it was over a period of time.

Then yesterday, Friday, I went out to do errands. I left home about 2:10. I went through drive thru at bank and then to Postal Service to mail a couple of letters and buy stamps. I had to walk a little way in parking lot. Then I got my nails done. Then I went to K-Mart to pick up a couple of prescriptions. I walked all the way to the back to go to restroom. I did alright, but legs were tired, then I came back to pharmacy and out to parking lot to car. I then went to grocery store and was in there for about 45 to 50 minutes. I came home and unloaded car and put groceries away. It was 6:40 by the time I did that.

I did alright yesterday. I wore some shoes that I had not worn in a long time. I use to love them, but they are heavy and I was afraid I could not walk good in them, however the material is good in the rain, so I wore them. I was glad I did because I found that I could wear them as well as flats. They have a small heel on them but it is a blocked heel.

It is strange because I felt that I did better yesterday than I did with the sits-to-stands. I tried the sits-to-stands again today and had the same problem I had Thursday.
    Whew! That sounds like quite a lot of activity. Congratulations on getting away with it!

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast