Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: OT January Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Can you call Cat? Not a good feeling...

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have a phone number for her but could reach her by e-mail, or a private message either here or on Facebook. I hesitate to do that as it seems like pressure. She may feel obligated to post something here at a time when she's just not feeling up to it.

Her most recent post was 9 days ago. I'll send an e-mail. Then she has the option of looking at it or not.

EDITED TO ADD: I've just sent an e-mail and will let people know if I learn anything.
    Last edited by agate; 01-11-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I'm sorry to worry you all! Other than a cold, I'm ok. Just nothing worth reporting. Like many others, I'm worried about Sunshine, but that's all from here.

6. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

My ultrasound is in four weeks. I let my doctors office know that. They have three appointments before that at 8 PM, but my body does not function after 7 PM. Not at all.Feeling less pelvic pressure today. Hoping that it is nothing.

The one that was scheduled for today was that a different center and I canceled it. My friend is in the medical community and advised me to not go to That center. It did look sketchy on the website.

Cat, I am very glad you are OK. Maybe we can all pinky swear to check in once a week even if it is just to click on the thanks button on the off-topic monthly thread?

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Glad to see you are OK Cat!

I got a good start on tax prep yesterday. Still at least 20 hours of coordinating the various components for us. At least next year we will not have the rental properties or that income to worry about on our personal return as they will be in a trust (which has a separate tax return) as of a week from today. Heather and the boys are heading for the condo as soon as everyone is out of school this afternoon and will be there through Sunday ( 2 moms and 5 kids). Six sets of skis went up last night with another friend and are locked in our ski closet. Dave and I will go up Sunday and come home Wednesday. I think while he is on the slopes I will really focus on knocking a big chunk out of tax preparation as well as doing a couple of phone conferences. I just love the change of scenery. We will be bringing those 6 sets of skis home with us when we come as Heather is in a rental van with no roof racks and 7 people with luggage so does not have room. Dave's Escape will accommodate anything she can't bring back.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Glad you are OK, Cat.

And Cheri, glad you are going to one of your happy places.

I wanted to mention something that the nutritionist said. She asked about the discomfort. I showed her where it was (below left breast). She said, “Well, that could be your esophagus because we don’t know where your esophagus is because of the MS.” I just looked at her and then said that MS does not change gross anatomy. Otherwise, she was excellent. I was really surprised that she did not know about MS or the role of the vagus nerve in stomach peristalsis.

Yesterday I had the Bacterial Overgroth test. It was easy but I had to be on a very restricted diet the day before and because of the test, I didn’t start eating until noon yesterday and lost another pound. The tech told us all (4 patients having the test) that the results will be posted today. That would be great.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Glad Cat is alright. I hope TC is also.

Ann, keep us posted when you know something.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Where's Howie? He used to be here all the time, and...oh...never mind, I found him.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I just remembered that not ALL cats like chicken. There was a little scrawny looking cat that kept coming up on my deck and whining several years ago. It looked like it was hungry. It came a number of times and it really bothered me that the cat was hungry. At first I thought it would find it's way home, but it kept coming back, and when I would go out my front door it would sometimes be on my sidewalk. I had some cans of chicken, so I opened one and tried to give it to the cat and that cat who looked as though it was starving turned up its nose and would not even eat one bite.

If I had had any tuna I would have tried that also, but I didn't have any. I found out from my next door neighbor that she also had tried to give the cat chicken and it would not eat it. I think she might have given it some tuna and the cat ate it. So there is one cat who doesn't like chicken so much that it is willing to starve rather than eat it.

I don't know what happened to that cat and have wondered about it a lot. The cat tried to force itself in my house several times and also in my neighbor's house. She knew about cats and said don't let that cat in. I can't remember why she said that, but it looked so dirty and unkempt that I would not have let it in unless I brushed it first.

Edited to add: So glad Howie was found! We could not do without our Howie.
    Last edited by Virginia; 01-11-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Virginia

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Hope the results were helpful, ANN!

Howie, what goes on with your vision that then corrected itself? Is this what you originally thought were seizures?

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast