Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: OT January Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Cats have trouble coming down because their class are pointed forward and they can't grip gowng down. There are often stories about firemen being called to rescue them!

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agate, is there something I need to do to start that video playing? It's just a black box for me.
    So sorry! I had no idea. So glad you let me know in a timely way. I've changed it to a link that I hope will work. If it doesn't, just say the word.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Great Chicken stories !

Some of my fondest memories raising the kids is their outdoor play with the hens :) It still brings a smile to my face. Of course, like Laz, the big duties fell to me, but I was glad to do it, as the hens gave back so much fun. Mucking out the coop in the florida heat with the florida mosquitos and roaches was always interesting. ...

Showing up for a weekend with the family at the nearby theme park with a stray piece of hay clinging to the luggage revealed us to be the hayseeds that we were :)

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks Agate, it's working fine this morning. That's one job I couldn't do, I'm afraid of heights. Thank goodness there are people who aren't, and can rescue cats. A touching video.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Well, I did my payday running around, went to the store, then went to CVS, and as I was leaving, hit the button to roll my window back up, and nothing. The glass has fallen out of the track.

So I got a large trash bag, and shut the top of it in the door so it hangs over the open window. I came in and paid my Comcast bill which was 3 months worth due to me not paying attention.

So 10 hours into payday, and I'm broke, with a car window down, and it's raining today.

Anyone want to change places?

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I did my payday running around, went to the store, then went to CVS, and as I was leaving, hit the button to roll my window back up, and nothing. The glass has fallen out of the track.

So I got a large trash bag, and shut the top of it in the door so it hangs over the open window. I came in and paid my Comcast bill which was 3 months worth due to me not paying attention.

So 10 hours into payday, and I'm broke, with a car window down, and it's raining today.

Anyone want to change places?
    Really too bad, Howie. Maybe a piece of cardboard will take care of the window temporarily? Do you have any money for food for the rest of the month?

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Yes, I bought pasta which always lasts, and I have $90 left from what I withdrew this morning. Oh, and another bill showed up in my mail from my doctor for $23, so I've paid that. I may have some left about the middle of the month when everyone on auto-pay has gotten their money.

I'll go out tomorrow when it stops raining, and I should be able to fix my window. The hardest part is getting the door panel off so I can get to everything. 28,000 miles, and it starts falling apart. New cars are junk!

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Well, I checked the forecast, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow too, so I'll just wait until Monday to tackle that window. That will give it the weekend to dry out. No more rain is forecast for the week after tomorrow. Life rolls on!

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I dislike auto-pay but have to admit that the bills have a way of always getting paid that way, even if I've let them slip my mind.

I try to get paper bills in the mail so I can put them right into my checkbook where I'll see them often and be reminded that they're there. I also note down on the calendar--every first of the month--all of the bills I have to pay on that date, the amount owed, and the due date. I pay most of them on the first because that happens to get them there in time for their due date which is the 8th, 10th, 12th, etc. There are usually 4 bills including the rent. There's no bill for the rent but I always add that one to the list just so it doesn't slip my mind. It's far and away the biggest one to pay.

A couple of other bills come along later in the month--dental insurance premium, electric--and I pay them as soon as I get them so the bills won't get lost.

I know everyone is going in for paperless statements but I find it helpful in remembering something if I have a physical object--a paper bill--that I have to deal with. If it's on the screen somewhere and that's the only place it is, I'm apt to forget it's there.

The bills I routinely pay on the first of the month (or whenever there's enough money to pay them) are two credit cards, the rent, Comcast/XFinity (which IS it?), and CenturyLink (landline phone + Internet).

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

That stinks Howie...why should people so ill have to be rendered poor by their illness? We have a meager safety net in USA

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast