Thread: Update from Kathleen

Distinguished Community Member

Default Update from Kathleen

We had a wonderful Christmas. We had our usual dinner that somehow became our tradition, Eggs and bacon and hash brown potatoes. Xmas Dinner at my sisters house.
    The best thing of all is we finally got Kathleen the drums she's always wanted. We promised her brother and sister that we would wait till they both moved out LOL. I've been trying to post a video but it haven't yet figured that out it seems to be too big. Even the 16 send videos. We will try incorporating her left hand with it. She won't even know it's therapy. We had dinner at my sisters I brought lasagna and apple pie. My son gave me a weighted blanket and it's amazing! He also gave me a device to transfer my vis home movies to DVD. We celebrated my birthday and now Kathleen can focus on her own coming in March LOL. Kelly and Patrick both got Kittens from the same litter and they're adorable. About a month ago we had to put our dog Sammie down and they were heartbroken. Sammy was old and not doing so well. He was a Yorkie. Kathleen loves the kittens and they love her. It's funny but animals just gravitate to her and are so so gentle! Kelly's kitten is very spunky and fast but just kisses and rubs Kathleen's face no claws out. My sister has 2 big Labs and when we came in Christmas Day they ran to Kathleen and just sat with her. This one is Munson in the picture. I hope everyone has a healthy happy new year!
    IMG_20181225_1322329_rewind.jpgIMG_20181226_1930388_rewind.jpgIMG_20181225_1022431_rewind.jpg

Mary Grace

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I love the picture of Kathleen with the kitten! The drums look like such fun! I'm sorry about the dog! Where do I get one of those VHS transfer devices and how much do they cost? Are there any that cost under $100??
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Dogs and cats are intuitive, and they know where they are needed and where they will find unconditional love. That is why they flock to Kathleen.

Kathleen looks like a natural on the drums! Who is her favorite drummer? Is she going to take lessons? Great gift! And it's hilarious that your daughter and son asked you to wait until they had their own homes! Perhaps invest in some earplugs?

Years ago, Costco had a service to transfer VHS to DVD. We transferred 2 home movies. It's good to know that there are devices to do that now. We have a ton of VHS tapes we could transfer.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Sammy. It's very hard to lose a beloved pet, a member of the family in every loving way.

Thank you for your update and sharing these beautiful photos!

HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

6. The following user says "thanks"

I love the pictures of Kathleen with the animals! But my favorite has to be seeing her pure joy at the drums.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Funnylegs, I will check with my son about cost of the VHS transfer thingy (like my tech language? LOL). I'm pretty sure he did a little research on it.
    Rose, I absolutely believe in the intuitiveness of animals! They really do have a different personality with Kathleen.As far as her favorite drummer I'm not really sure... She LOVES all music from Sesame Street songs to Led Zeppelin! Music has always been something that makes her happy and even forget her pain when she's had some really difficult times. She even likes my singing, imagine that. I remember when she had her strokes she was so little and was just crying so hard she didn't even hear my calming words BUT when I sang to her (usually You Are My Sunshine) She would calm and listen to me. Also the drums can be hooked up to headphones but honestly so far I've enjoyed doing this with her she even lets me jump in a bit with my own stick. I enjoy her laughing and playing with the music. They do have a volume control as well. This is the reason we went with electronic drums LOL.
    myangel94, Thank you so much! I hope I can get a video loaded on here she is loving the drums! Music is her best therapy for sure.
    Mary Grace

10. The following user says "thanks"