Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROHO cushion

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default ROHO cushion

Who here uses the ROHO? I think Cat does?

I think I have it figured out. From what I can see, you pump air into it. Then you keep the green end open and shift your weight to the part of the seat you want lower and then lock it in by pressing the red end.

I think I have it now so that my butt is lower, thus relieving pressure on the part of the back of thigh that was causing circulation problems, and less pressure on the lower back.

I think I also have it so that the seat bone, not the coccyx, don’t know the name of it, so, that bone has 1/2 to max 1’ space friom the bottom of the body where the top of the back of othe thigh intersects with the butt.... I do hope i got that right as I am trying to reverse the skin degradation there that came about with the increase to 90% R2D2 time........it also seems to help that may legs are much better and allow me to be on feet more.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yes, that sounds right. The ROHO cushion indeed helps with circulation and pressure sores and is comfortable. If anyone does a lot of sitting, the cushion is highly recommended!

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

I need to get one. I have gel and foam cushions but my tush still hurts. The bath tub is almost impossible as I am sitting on bone.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

If you have/had an ulcer on the skin, Medicare might pay.
    If not, your doc can write a medical necessity letter prescribing it, and the store can sell it tax free. Thats what mine did. So, I saved the 7% sales tax, which is a nice savings since its expensive to start with. My skin changes were my wake up call, but they weren’t ulcerative— yet. Hoped to avoid that....

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I admire the way you have educated yourself on all these different things you have needed.

Ann, you are almost making me glad my "tush" has it's own padding. Although I am not glad I can no longer use tub because I can't get out. I like showers, but sometimes nothing takes the place of a good hot bath for a cold natured person.
    Last edited by Virginia; 12-21-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Just done with hair appointment. Peter picked me up and we are in lobby of hospital as we are 30 minutes early for GI apppointment.

ANN

Edited to add that I realize that I posted this outside of chat. I’ll put the appointment update there.
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-21-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Waiting to hear....

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

How often have you had to add air to your RoHo cushion? I have been having to do it more frequently, maybe at least weekly. Seems like it loses air all over the cusion, especially noticeble in the “dump” toward the back of the cushion

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Update:

So, its pretty clear my ROHO is leaking air. Kept adding air and one chamber will not stay inflated = the important one...The pharmacy I bought it from that sells every disability aid known to womankind, told me how to contact ROHO warranty. I called the ROHO warranty people. Sight unseen they are shipping a new cushion as its still under warranty. Then, when it arrives, I ship back for free the leaky one so that they can look at it. So, in the meantime, am using the firmer one that came with the R2D2.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 03-22-2019 at 12:54 PM.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

It's good to know the company is so responsive! The two cushions I have were bought second hand, so I have no recourse. TC pumps one up every week.

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast