Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving: December 2018

Distinguished Community Member

Agate, to average that many is still very good!
    Virginia

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I really, really did overdo today.

I went about 1:30 to bank and pharmacy. Not hard - all in car, with exception of walking into pharmacy.

I dusted the upstairs and cleaned the glass table in living room and the one in bedroom.

I had put a pork loin in crock pot this morning, so I needed to fix the fresh produce I bought Friday. Did not think it would take so long.

I got lettuce spinner down and washed it because I had not been using it
    I washed head of lettuce and broke it in little pieces
    I washed cherry tomatoes
    I heated kidney beans and then let them cool to put in salad
    I cut purple onion to go in salad
    I got out shredded carrots and shredded cheese and opened Kalamata olives and jar of salad dressing

I then took out whole head of cauliflower and tried to cut the stalk end off
    I stood and tore each of the pieces of cauliflower apart and put in colander and washed
    I got out steamer and washed because I had not used it lately
    I put cauliflower in steamer
    About 20 to 25 minutes later I took cauliflower off stove and put in bowl, where I also put a little yogurt, a small amount of butter and some grated parmesan cheese
    Then I got out hand masher and mashed like mash potatoes

Had lots of dirty dishes and pots. I started this at 5:05P.M. I set down to eat at 6:45P.M. and then remembered that I did not get myself any water and had to get my worn out legs up and get it.

I finished cleanup just before I came on here. I did not want to put bowls and pots in dishwasher because it would take up to much room.

Did I mention that my back hurts??? I have enough cauliflower for couple of nights and salad for couple of nights and then I will get tired of it and have to throw it away. That is also true of the pork loin.

I am not going to do my sit-to-stands and my pelvic tilts for today! I am beat.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Well done, Virginia, and great food details.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Just to get all my points in I also took two bags of trash out. I have nine steps to the trash can. That was in addition to the 14 that go to my upstairs.
    Virginia

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Parmesan is Sam's favorite.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Yes...but how did it all taste, Virginia?
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Suze-Q, it was good, but I truly was too tired to enjoy it. Next time I do that much, where I have to get out things to fix things in that have to be washed before and after I will make the salad early in the day and try to do the rest later. In other words I will break it up.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, it's those "little" tasks that have to be done that wear a person down.

When I used to cook, and someone would visit and I'd cook a meal, after I'd done all of that chopping, peeling, washing, putting things away and taking things out of cabinets, cleaning things up, slicing, dicing, browning, boiling, roasting, etc., dinner would be ready, and I'd sit there without eating it.

I did find that preparing as much as I could in advance helped. I'd fix all of the onions, green peppers, carrots, etc., that could be fixed and stored in plastic bags in the fridge a day ahead and just pull out the bags and pour the stuff into whatever it was I was fixing.

I made a salad for lunch every day for years but found I could get away with doubling the salad sometimes and storing half of it in a covered container for the next day as long as it didn't have things that wouldn't keep well in it (avocado slices, hard-boiled eggs, croutons).

Your salad sounds really good. I love Kalamata olives.

If you ever want any taste-testers, you could find some right here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Agate, I am so tired and wiped out today. I will not do that again. It will probably take me until Thursday to recuperate. I had to wash my hair and get dressed and go to the Dentist today. Otherwise I would have done absolutely nothing. All I have to do tonight is heat up the cauliflower and pork loin and put the shredded cheese and olives in the salad, but still too tired to truly enjoy much of anything.
    Virginia

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Today, I washed my hair and fixed it and got dressed. I set down to watch something on TV and then left about 3PM.

Went to pharmacy. No handicap places had to walk a little.
    Went to Home Depot to get air filters and some light bulbs. Had to wait awhile in parking lot but got a pretty good non handicap parking space.
    Went to Harris Teeter. Stayed in parking lot just waiting for someone to come out that was close enough for me to walk for a little over 15 minutes. Everyone was out today as it is to snow tonight and tomorrow. Check out line was very long in grocery store, so I was in there for an hour.

Went to Panera and got food for tonight.

Came home and it took 3 trips to get groceries in. It was 6:20 when I got them put away and set down to eat.

Went out to take trash out.

Feel pretty good as today, for some odd reason was a better walking day than usual.

Felt lonely today, but made a new friend while in line at grocery store. He is two years old and will talk your ears off. Mama was carrying small baby in front backpack. I asked how long she would be able to do that and she said he was now 18 lbs. She thinks until he is about 25 lbs. Daddy called and said he was locked out of house. She told me that was what he got for sending her to the grocery store with a baby and a two year old. I agreed.
    Virginia

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast