Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

I have had no treatment or diagnosis for this stomach fullness problem and I don’t see the GI until 12/21. I sent an email to her last Weds aft to ask if there was something to do as I am no better. By Monday afternoon I had no answer. So, I called her office. She called me back at 6 PM. She went over the normal test. She noted that the gastric emptying had a caveat that I had not eaten all of the food. True. The eggs themselves were four ounces, more than I can eat in one setting. Plus 2 toast and a large water.

She said the problem in treatment was that I had no diagnosis. She reviewed the CT scan (normal) and then wondered if I should have a CT or MRI to look at the vasculature to see if the stomach gets enough blood. She said “the only thing is those patients have pain.” I reiterated that I have no pain. I have an uncomfortable fullness that is odd and I just want it to pass. She said patients without enough blood flow have severe pain. Then she inexplicably said she was going to order that test and her office would call me to schedule it.

I do not want the test. It is another fishing expedition. I want something that will give me hope that we will find the answer and improve my situation.

Today I made a same day appt with my internist. He agrees with me about that test. Since I have had a cardiac cath and an abdominal -pelvic sono that show normal vessels and I do not have that pain, it is very unlikely that it will show anything.

Instead, he thinks it is the MS dismotility scenerio. He is going to research drugs that can be used for this and get back to me tomorrow.

ANN :-)
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Bless your internist Ann. I sure hope he does some deep research and then if he thinks that is it, I just hope he can treat it so that it just disappears. So glad you took this step.
    Virginia

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ANN, would that diet pattern be typical for you now--since these symptoms came on? It looks as if your appetite picks up considerably as the day wears on. (I'm looking at your account of what you ate, post #50.)

If that's the way it's been going, I hope you'll mention it to the doctor. It just might have some significance.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

My appetite is excellent all day. I just had an off stomach yesterday morning and couldn’t really get started eating until later and ran out of time. I usually eat more. Not a lot but more with more variety but nothing like a real meal.

ANN

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I am here in spotty form. Its hard to keep up right now with reading and responding. Next week is neuro. Much to say, the increased baclofen makes focus harder, and feel jittery.

Sorry for the lack of active participation. Pool still being worked on: sanding the deck as there are dimples in it, so cant swim in it anyway. Maybe in a week or two when th sanding and repainting done.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I hear you on the large baclofen dose. I hope the side effects drop out or that you are able to taper your dose after you recover from the move.

I wish your pool was up and running. You must miss it. I miss you in it.

We all understand that we are not your focus right now.

Best to you,
    ANN

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sunshine, you've just moved! Moving is major, IMO. I'm amazed that you're online at all at this point.

I'm sure you'll be glad when your life can get back to something like normal!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, your presence on here is missed, however the most important thing is that you take care of you right now. We will be here when you get back.

We also miss Cat.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

ANN,
    Grateful your internist is advocating and researching for you. Is he contacting the GI doc to cancel the test or will you?

Sunshine,
    Is it time to consider baclofen pump so you are not so out of focus all the time and the spasms are more consistently managed? On another front, with this high dosing of the drug your mouth is drier and therefore oral hygiene needs to be much more frequent to avoid gums receding and teeth breaking. Please be careful.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I am in charge of declining the test, Cherie. They have not called me yet to set it up. OK w me.

ANN

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast