Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT December Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT December Chit Chat

Hello out there,, hope everyone is doing okay,, between floods/fires/ sickness, we have had enough,,

Went to the visitation,, lots of people , and I never seen so many flowers,,Sharma hates flowers too lol !!,, then we ordered a pizza, because I been cooking/baking all morning,, for the deer hunters tomorrow,, and we have impending rain turning to snow this week end,,I made a double batch of chicken noodles,, { I cheated } frozen dinner rolls,, cookies,pumpkin bars,, cinnamon rolls, no one goes away hungry at my house,,

well better go,, later,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

You are living a big life Peg!

Almost January now. Have been out of the donut hole a month now. And the whole thing starts all over in one month.

Life continues, and steadily worsening. This SPS is relentless. Trying to focus on the positives. Hands and vision are a real challenge. And did I mention the leg spasticity?

For the positives, Visit with youngest DD was wonderful. The meds make it so hard to focus on conversation. But just being by her side was wonderful.

Other DD is also wonderful.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Good morning all! Happy December. Made a yummy batch of vegetable beef gluten free soup after dinner last evening. Should get us through the next couple of days of lunches. Transferred my 2011 Prius to my daughter Becky yesterday (she came down on the train and drove it back home). Insurance company is done with repairs but will pay for our carpets to be steam cleaned and a full house comprehensive clean to take care of the plaster dust that seems to be everywhere so the cleaning crew is coming in this afternoon to see what needs to be done and will be back to do it on the 5th. The mitigation company is also coming on the 5th to give me a quote on carpet cleaning (I think I will have them do a couch and chair as well and pay them separately and not submit to insurance since the soil there was from the cat who died nearly 4 years ago and they have been slip covered since.

40 and sunny here today. Sad to hear about George HW Bush passing yesterday.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How did it get to be December already?

Cherie and Peg, you both accomplish so much!

Howie, Social Security has developed the holiday spirit and paid people today. Since the 3rd is on Monday, I figured they'd pay on Monday but they paid today.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Good December to everyone!

Agate, you just made Howie's day. I hope he is reading.

Peg, I think I will move in with you. I haven't had chicken noodles in ages. You get a lot done for family, friends and all everyone. Just as Cherie does.

Cherie, I know your daughter is happy about her Prius. You seem to make a lot of soup out of leftovers. That is a good way to do.

Nuthatch, I read your post from last night about the pigeons. I know it is not funny, but I could not help but laugh at the neighbors. He is smart enough to be a surgeon, but doesn't know a lot about pigeons. Our capital square always had so many. When I was young I was skittish about walking there from an overhead point of view and an underfoot. I don't know if the capital is still like that or not. It has reminded me and I intend to ask someone who goes downtown a lot.

Well, I have proved what I knew about Raynaud's now. When I got my last salad last week and my fingertips were cold I could not use the tongs on the salad bar. I could not squeeze them hard enough because there was not enough strength in my fingertips. Yesterday was a really nice day here. It was between 67 and 70 degrees. My fingers were not giving me in problems and I went through the salad bar without one problem using the tongs to pick up anything I wanted.

I would love to see Sunshine and Ann get back to their baseline.

I am home today. A little wiped out from yesterday.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I home today, too. I felt like eating yesterday and must have overdone it even though I ate small amounts. I was very uncomfortable in the late afternoon and evening.

The good news is that I slept all night until 8 AM!

Peter is out with his mother shopping. He messages me along the way and sends a few pictures which I appreciate.

We got his mother an appointment to see her primary doctor on Tuesday. Then Peter called and asked the doctor to call him and he did so he’s informed.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Thanks Agate. I was counting on Monday, so I'll get all my running around done tomorrow. I've been sleeping all day today, and that was after a mug of coffee, go figure.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

It has been a day of remembrance and celebration of a life well lived - George Herbert Walker Bush! There will be many more to come before it is over.

This is someone who earned it by the way he lived. I am glad people of both parties are coming together to mourn and celebrate him.
    Virginia

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Rough night. No spasms, but awoke at 3 am drenched in sweat and having to pee NOW. Got into the R2D2 to prevent spasm in the 10 ft walk to bathroom. Couldn’t void. And the bladder no longer felt full.

Recalled Cat’s bladder issues and wondered if it was a bladder spasm.

Imagined Could end up at ER at the local awful hospital 5 minutes away. Terrible hospital. F rated for infection. Good one is 25 minutes away where my neuro is on staff as all my records are there too.

But DH would’ve had to drive me. Because ambulance will only take to the closest (terrible) hospital. GEESH

Lay there for an hour, finally got up to make some food.

No spasms in legs, but a rough night indeed.

Will watch the bladder issue.

Its not a bladder infection, that I am sure of.

This disease is relentless.

Today I am home all day. DH will help out in between taking care of the moving related work, mowing grass at both yards. Realtor put the sign up yesterday! Photos this week, and then it will be on line in time for snowbirds and tourists.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sorry for your bad night, Sunshine. And wish your good hospital was the close one. What do you think the sweat was about? I hope you have a smooth day.

This is my second time up tonight. I’ve been awake since 2 AM. I am very uncomfortable and full of gas. I went back to bed at 4 AM after Peter came to check on me. I thought I could sleep then but I only slept for a short while and then just was thinking what the heck is wrong? I need to be well. This has been just over 2 months now. So, I got up again to stop the thoughts. Much better to be distracted.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast